Good Morning Thread | Page 99 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all, funny looking weather here, sunny, cloudy no real wind.

Going to clean out my aviary in a while, restock the wild bird restaurant lol!

The missus will have a dip in her Hot Tub, so a gentle/bubbly massage of her muscles, thus a very happy lady afterwards.

All the time thinking about this afternoon's NLD, negative, positive and down right miserable, but I will still watch it.

All keep your chins up, as HK said its only a game, darn no it ain't, its the NLD.

Cheers to all and do not drink to much lol!

Good morning all, funny looking weather here, sunny, cloudy no real wind.

Going to clean out my aviary in a while, restock the wild bird restaurant lol!

The missus will have a dip in her Hot Tub, so a gentle/bubbly massage of her muscles, thus a very happy lady afterwards.

All the time thinking about this afternoon's NLD, negative, positive and down right miserable, but I will still watch it.

All keep your chins up, as HK said its only a game, darn no it ain't, its the NLD.

Cheers to all and do not drink to much lol!
Too late Pompey, started on the wine with lunch...it wasn’t very good but I showed it who was boss and drank it anyway...I’m in that sort of mood.

Another interesting weekend. We had our Christmas in July party at an upmarket exclusive restaurant in Brisbane by the River on Saturday night. Plenty of Mumm Champagne and a few G&T's.
Next day, (Sunday )dusted myself off for my youngest sons first U14 National Premier League game since Covid. 26 mins into the game and he breaks is arm. Nasty break to his radius. They had to give him ketamine, fentinal etc whilst they reset and plastered his arm. Poor wee man was off his tree for hours..(lucky wee man). During all this, they found a tick burrowing into his chest. It apparently had been hibernating in the football jerseys that had been stored for months during lockdown.

10 hours later we returned from the hospital. Great day....not.
Today, Monday is the first day back at school today for him, for term 3, but he won't be going anywhere.

Ah the joys of parenthood. He's our 7th child and definitely the last.

Another interesting weekend. We had our Christmas in July party at an upmarket exclusive restaurant in Brisbane by the River on Saturday night. Plenty of Mumm Champagne and a few G&T's.
Next day, (Sunday )dusted myself off for my youngest sons first U14 National Premier League game since Covid. 26 mins into the game and he breaks is arm. Nasty break to his radius. They had to give him ketamine, fentinal etc whilst they reset and plastered his arm. Poor wee man was off his tree for hours..(lucky wee man). During all this, they found a tick burrowing into his chest. It apparently had been hibernating in the football jerseys that had been stored for months during lockdown.

Today, Monday is the first day back at school today for him, for term 3, but he won't be going anywhere.

You don’t seem to be having much luck lately Hod...one step forward, one step back....best wishes to your lad for a complete recovery and hope you all stay safe..

Morning all...what a lovely day, what a lovely day for walking up to your Gooner mates and saying “Hard Luck” or something similar...

Nothing much on the agenda today and the weather looks iffy but a little bit of basking in the satisfaction of yesterday’s performance and result will make the day slip by....take care everyone and stay safe

Good Morning. What was a good day for me yesterday was ruined last night by our government announcing a new alcohol ban with immediate effect, not even a chance to stock up further. Unfortunately too great a strain is being placed on our health services resultant from alcohol abuse.
By virtue of an immediate early lock down the virus was contained in South Africa remarkably well. However as a result of an equally early relaxation of lock down procedures, the Corona carnage that was always likely here, is now increasing by the day.
I have sympathy with any government faced with dealing with this pandemic, particular here given the high percentage of the population who live in over crowded conditions. Our lock down relaxation has unquestionably come about too early, but again the choice between the economy and people's livelihoods, versus lives lost to the virus, is a hugely difficult decision to make.
What I don't get here however is that the banning of alcohol and a legal requirement to wear masks, are considered better measures to contain the virus, than stopping taxi companies taking on ten passengers at a time, or taking proper action against those guilty of alcohol related domestic or social abuse.

Wow what a bummer mate...wish him well. Although on a brighter note, the break meant they found the tick so he did not risk getting Limes disease which would have been awful for a young athlete- not sure one ever recovers fully from that. ..thankful for small mercies I say! A long time back a bloke banged into the back of our car and my wife got whiplash. As a result of that she was examined and they found a potentially cancerous thingy on a gland.....,had it removed and has been well ever since so sometimes a bad thing happening can lead to a good thing. (y)

Last edited:
What a weird weekend . All over the world . There are always sliding door moments .
hope everyone is coping with what is being thrown at them , from all angles .
good morning all , very pleasant here , warm and bright . Good feeling inside after the the football.
going for a walk in a while with my wife , it will do her a lot of good I think . I’m really pleased she actually wants to go for a walk .
I couldn’t bear to keep looking on here yesterday during the game , it was a kind of torture , so I just ignored it and had a go at catching flies in the garden , flat on my back . I thought the game had finished and looked back on here and read Greavsie’s post about Toby scoring , then had to endure fifteen minutes of agony until the final score flashed up on the alerts on my phone . Wonderful feeling putting one over them ,
Lovely evening , beers , and whiskey , with a smug glow .
hope you are all well , this thing is going to get a lot worse now , we have come out of lockdown too soon , too quick , but I understand why . The country is heading for bankruptcy if nothing is done , just wish everyone could combine the two safely

What a weird weekend . All over the world . There are always sliding door moments .
good morning all , very pleasant here , warm and bright . Good feeling inside after the the football.
going for a walk in a while with my wife , it will do her a lot of good I think . I’m really pleased she actually wants to go for a walk .
I couldn’t bear to keep looking on here yesterday during the game , it was a kind of torture , so I just ignored it and had a go at catching flies in the garden , flat on my back . I thought the game had finished and looked back on here and read Greavsie’s post about Toby scoring , then had to endure fifteen minutes of agony until the final score flashed up on the alerts on my phone . Wonderful feeling putting one over them ,
hope you are all well , this thing is going to get a lot worse now , we have come out of lockdown too soon , too quick , but I understand why . The country is heading for bankruptcy if nothing is done , just wish everyone could combine the two safely

Walt you should try some Modelo Mexican lager. It's top draw. Not cheap but it's imported but so worth it. Great when the suns out. :cheers:

Yes Walt, putting the economy ahead of health may just be the right thing to do as long as the NHS can cope with the new cases.

Good morning all . A lot of overnight rain . The one night I didn’t put the cushions away on the patio . I religiously put them away every night ! Then one night I don’t and it hammers down ,sorry,,,, should have said pisses down , shouldn’t use blasphemy on here! We have one of those gazebo things we sit under to give a lovely shadey area , with all the usual accessories, lights and country style bunting , but did that protect our cushions ? Of course not , I left the chairs poking out beyond the edge of the gazebo ! Just enough to give them a good soaking . It’s all supposed to be designed to withstand a force twenty eight scale hurricane and floods of biblical proportions, but sadly it just can’t cope with a summer shower . Never mind , I will have to take the foam bits out of the cushions and hang them on the clothes line for a few hours .
worse things happen at sea!

So it’s face coverings in shops now ! Is that the scientific advice , six months after they said it didn’t really help ! There will be a shortage of face coverings now ! The price will go up , .
I was thinking that if people are driving in face coverings , how do the police identify who was driving when they take your photograph when you obligingly exceed the speed limit for them .
do you have to remove your face covering when you go into a petrol station (they used to be called garages) to pay for your fuel . They won’t let motor cyclists in wearing their crash helmets ?!!
Anyhow , hope you are all ok and not getting complacent, hope Hod’s Son is ok ,hope that Smithy stocked up before the second wave of lockdowns , hope all your balls fly straighter than an arrow and your are all keeping safe

Good morning all . A lot of overnight rain . The one night I didn’t put the cushions away on the patio . I religiously put them away every night ! Then one night I don’t and it hammers down ,sorry,,,, should have said pisses down , shouldn’t use blasphemy on here! We have one of those gazebo things we sit under to give a lovely shadey area , with all the usual accessories, lights and country style bunting , but did that protect our cushions ? Of course not , I left the chairs poking out beyond the edge of the gazebo ! Just enough to give them a good soaking . It’s all supposed to be designed to withstand a force twenty eight scale hurricane and floods of biblical proportions, but sadly it just can’t cope with a summer shower . Never mind , I will have to take the foam bits out of the cushions and hang them on the clothes line for a few hours .

So it’s face coverings in shops now ! Is that the scientific advice , six months after they said it didn’t really help ! There will be a shortage of face coverings now ! The price will go up , .
I was thinking that if people are driving in face coverings , how do the police identify who was driving when they take your photograph when you obligingly exceed the speed limit for them .
do you have to remove your face covering when you go into a petrol station (they used to be called garages) to pay for your fuel . They won’t let motor cyclists in wearing their crash helmets ?!!
Anyhow , hope you are all ok and not getting complacent, hope Hod’s Son is ok ,hope that Smithy stocked up before the second wave of lockdowns , hope all your balls fly straighter than an arrow and your are all keeping safe

For what it's worth; face masks shouldn't see a surge in price - there are now around a dozen new companies in the UK alone making them, of course there will be an uptick as people panic buy (a la the great toilet roll panic of 2020!).

Keep calm and carry on.

Wear your masks everytime you go out, get used to it being second nature, and if you can wear a shield to stop yourself fiddling / touching your face, and wash hands often and use gel in between and you'll stay safe!

We've been prevented from entering shopping centres without a mask for quite some time now Walt. I actually feel somewhat more secure going round the shops with everybody wearing masks, although there are many different interpretations as to their value. Certainly our government consider them a must. We have been requested to wear them on the golf course, but the game is hard enough without bringing in additional complications, so everybody wears them round their necks but they don't actually get too much use. As far as exercise walking or driving is concerned, irrespective of 'rules' we use on an as required basis. I find it difficult to wear a mask for too long when exercising, without coming up for air.

We've been prevented from entering shopping centres without a mask for quite some time now Walt. I actually feel somewhat more secure going round the shops with everybody wearing masks, although there are many different interpretations as to their value. Certainly our government consider them a must. We have been requested to wear them on the golf course, but the game is hard enough without bringing in additional complications, so everybody wears them round their necks but they don't actually get too much use. As far as exercise walking or driving is concerned, irrespective of 'rules' we use on an as required basis. I find it difficult to wear a mask for too long when exercising, without coming up for air.
Wearing a face mask whilst exercising, yes it is difficult bloody near impossible, I give it ago doing some chest bench pressing and leg squats, that's just mentioning 2 muscle exercises, no chance had to take it off, then fast walking on a walking machine, ie hill climbing, again no chance.

Keep keeping safe all, use your noddle.

By the way further news on our local Stealth Bomber/Fighter, Kestrel, not been seen for a while, am wondering if the set to he/she had with a couple of the local Crows might have had something to do with it.

Also Fox patrol, only been seen once since he/she came face to face with my rather fit/large Bull Terrier, not sure which one was more scared lol!
Then again it might have been one of my neighbours "Dockyard Matey" cat, who takes no shit lol!

I had a blood test last week, got call with result, apparently close to Diabetes, so blood pressure to be checked next week, what that has to do with it I have no idea, but it seems the close to Diabetes call means I will be checked again in a years time, I said I do not take sugar in anything, 30+years now, I eat fresh or frozen veg, lots of it blah blah, then the reply was oh it might just be you, mmm!

As before keep safe all.

For what it's worth; face masks shouldn't see a surge in price - there are now around a dozen new companies in the UK alone making them, of course there will be an uptick as people panic buy (a la the great toilet roll panic of 2020!).

Keep calm and carry on.

Wear your masks everytime you go out, get used to it being second nature, and if you can wear a shield to stop yourself fiddling / touching your face, and wash hands often and use gel in between and you'll stay safe!

It's all good advice Ex. However, with every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

I think our immunity systems will take a huge hit with all this cleanliness and sterility on the other side of this. Mark my words, we'll see an entire new batch of illnesses if we ever get to a stage where we relax our mask/sanitizing liquid practices.

Maybe this is a new way of life from hereon in? Forever.

By the way further news on our local Stealth Bomber/Fighter, Kestrel, not been seen for a while, am wondering if the set to he/she had with a couple of the local Crows might have had something to do with it.

Also Fox patrol, only been seen once since he/she came face to face with my rather fit/large Bull Terrier, not sure which one was more scared lol!
Then again it might have been one of my neighbours "Dockyard Matey" cat, who takes no shit lol!

I had a blood test last week, got call with result, apparently close to Diabetes, so blood pressure to be checked next week, what that has to do with it I have no idea, but it seems the close to Diabetes call means I will be checked again in a years time, I said I do not take sugar in anything, 30+years now, I eat fresh or frozen veg, lots of it blah blah, then the reply was oh it might just be you, mmm!

As before keep safe all.

Pomps, medication could induce diabetes, or your pancreas may not produce enough insulin.

There are many contributing factors other than diet and exercise.

I have steroid induced diabetes. I've been taking prednisolone for 32 years every single day to control asthma, which I developed when I came to Australia from Scotland back in 1981 when I was 15.

I'm sure you'll be fine buddy. There are millions around the world that have some form of diabetes and they have no idea they have it. If you test positive to one of the forms of diabetes then at least you can treat it and save any damage to your organs.

Stay safe my friend.

Last edited:
Stunning day in Brisbane this morning. Cold winter weather...ah...I just love it.

Clear blue sky, no wind (unlike yesterday). Top temp today of 22-24 degrees, but colder in the early morning at sunrise..around 10 degrees.

Fun fact of the day.

Japanese authorities have advised anyone using the roller coasters at any of their theme parks, not to scream and shout, as this will disperse saliva droplets. They want everyone to put on a serious face for the cameras that take your photo then sell it back to you after the ride.

Why don't they just wear face masks???

I'd be sitting at the front do avoid those pesky droplets.:unsure:

Good Morning. What was a good day for me yesterday was ruined last night by our government announcing a new alcohol ban with immediate effect, not even a chance to stock up further. Unfortunately too great a strain is being placed on our health services resultant from alcohol abuse.
By virtue of an immediate early lock down the virus was contained in South Africa remarkably well. However as a result of an equally early relaxation of lock down procedures, the Corona carnage that was always likely here, is now increasing by the day.
I have sympathy with any government faced with dealing with this pandemic, particular here given the high percentage of the population who live in over crowded conditions. Our lock down relaxation has unquestionably come about too early, but again the choice between the economy and people's livelihoods, versus lives lost to the virus, is a hugely difficult decision to make.
What I don't get here however is that the banning of alcohol and a legal requirement to wear masks, are considered better measures to contain the virus, than stopping taxi companies taking on ten passengers at a time, or taking proper action against those guilty of alcohol related domestic or social abuse.

It's enough to drive a man to drink.....oh sorry mate...too soon?

Nah, apologies Smithy. That sounds like a lot of knee jerking going on there by the SA Gov't. Nearly 300,000 cases in SA seems like the Gov't have no idea how to control this.