Good Morning Thread | Page 100 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Pomps, medication could induce diabetes, or you're pancreas may not produce enough insulin.

There are many contributing factors other than diet and exercise.

I have steroid induced diabetes. I've been taking prednisolone for 32 years every single day to control asthma, which I developed when I came to Australia from Scotland back in 1981 when I was 15.

I'm sure you'll be fine buddy. There are millions around the world that have some form of diabetes and they have no idea they have it. If you test positive to one of the forms of diabetes then at least you can treat it and save any damage to your organs.

Stay safe my friend.
Thanks for that Hod, my mate has diabetes and he copes very well, thanks again.

As you say stay mate.

Good morning all , overcast this morning .
Another big night tonight . Although I can’t wait for this season to be over , haven’t enjoyed it at all for a number of reasons.
you make the best of what you have though , ....
Youngest grandson is four this week and we are seeing him today . He is a proper boy , just found out he can make pets of insects , not at all scared of anything . My wife is terrified of spiders and I just know it won’t be long until he finds one and gives it to her . His favourites at the moment are woodlice !
wonderful age 4 , .
hope you are all safe , keeping busy , being uncomplacent and not getting the “germs“ as our grandson calls it .
have a good day everyone , wherever you are in this crazy world

It's all good advice Ex. However, with every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

I think our immunity systems will take a huge hit with all this cleanliness and sterility on the other side of this. Mark my words, we'll see an entire new batch of illnesses if we ever get to a stage where we relax our mask/sanitizing liquid practices.

Maybe this is a new way of life from hereon in? Forever.

It all depends on how long we have to restrict ourselves with these measures; long term immunity is developed as a kid, so I don't see it being too big an issue - although in Norway, it has certainly become one, in as much as the death rate has fallen through the floor from other virus's that would normally cull the population and so unbelievably all the local undertakers have been laid off and are pleading for government support - the same phenomena is now being observed here in the uk too.

How long that will last for is anyone's idea!?

What it does point to is how we might avoid a second more deadly wave if we can keep up the social distancing and perhsp go further still in the upcoming winter months when the NHS are warning they will not be able to cope....

I attended a local Trust meeting yesterday, all I can say is that I hope an effective treatment/vaccine can be found soon, or otherwise the country is going to grind to a halt and the death toll will be horrible.. and in some ways worse still will be the long-term effects for the survivors which are now being properly understood and in a very large number of cases will mean years, perhaps even whole life intense medical care.

Anyway, on a brighter note, the RNA vaccines being developed are so far reporting remarkable progress and they could well end this crisis once and for all - we just have to be around when they become available!

Last edited:
Morning everyone...cheer up Walt...listening to someone describing the minutes of details covering the wearing of face masks it sounds like the Dead Parrott sketch from Monty Python....you have to laugh....everyone will have to do this except if they say they are exempt...right...

Tbh in the overall scheme of things I remain sceptical of the impact masks will make but will conform to the rules....several studies have shown that the impact accredited to the wearing of masks has coincided with the impact of other measures in reducing infection rates but I guess every little helps...now if the masks prevented the wearer from catching the virus then no one would need much persuasion but I guess that’s just being selfish..

Anyway, enough of that....played golf yesterday....one of our group was late due to a road accident happening in front of him, but no one seriously hurt...he then proceeded to hit a phenomenal drive which put his back out but he limped on until the other guy started shanking (no it’s not what you think a Walt) and decided he had had enough after 11 holes and went home without stopping for a beer and the other one also went straight home...it just gets better and better....thank you China....

Big day today...appointment for a hair cut...have to wear a mask, arrive exactly on time, juggle three balls while having my hair washed...can’t wait..

Stay safe guys...whatever it takes til this madness is over...

By the way further news on our local Stealth Bomber/Fighter, Kestrel, not been seen for a while, am wondering if the set to he/she had with a couple of the local Crows might have had something to do with it.

Also Fox patrol, only been seen once since he/she came face to face with my rather fit/large Bull Terrier, not sure which one was more scared lol!
Then again it might have been one of my neighbours "Dockyard Matey" cat, who takes no shit lol!

I had a blood test last week, got call with result, apparently close to Diabetes, so blood pressure to be checked next week, what that has to do with it I have no idea, but it seems the close to Diabetes call means I will be checked again in a years time, I said I do not take sugar in anything, 30+years now, I eat fresh or frozen veg, lots of it blah blah, then the reply was oh it might just be you, mmm!

As before keep safe all.

I'm a qualified nutritionist and modern research shows sugar doesn't actually cause type 2 diabetes. A high cholesterol and saturated fat diet does. Anything processed and animal products. Genetics can play it's part.

Insulin is naturally in the blood. Insulin attaches itself to muscle cells. Insulin will then signal glucose from the blood when needed.

The issue with Type 2 diabetes is the Insulin signals doesn't work properly because the fats in the muscle cell block the signals.

Get a book called "How not to Die" by Dr Greger. He goes into more detail and uses case studies and research as his evidence. The average Joe quack knows shit about fuck.

For the record I am not a vegan.

I'm a qualified nutritionist and modern research shows sugar doesn't actually cause type 2 diabetes. A high cholesterol and saturated fat diet does. Anything processed and animal products. Genetics can play it's part.

Insulin is naturally in the blood. Insulin attaches itself to muscle cells. Insulin will then signal glucose from the blood when needed.

The issue with Type 2 diabetes is the Insulin signals doesn't work properly because the fats in the muscle cell block the signals.

Get a book called "How not to Die" by Dr Greger. He goes into more detail and uses case studies and research as his evidence. The average Joe quack knows shit about fuck.

For the record I am not a vegan.
Thanks for that Real, I am not to worried, as an ex-power lifter and general sportsman I have always had a clean diet, you mention Cholesterol, there here in is my problem, about 17 years ago I had a massive heart attack, Cholesterol, so 2 opps and 3 stents placed, on talking to my Doctor afterwards, I was as you can appreciate, very angry at the situation, as in, I lived clean, ate clean, no processed food, loads of veggies blah blah, he then told me in his words "mate you could live off rabbit food but still have high Cholesterol, because your own body is making the high Cholesterol on its own", so statins, beta blocka's and baby aspirin, Cholesterol is at a very good level and has been since the opps, so carried on training/working out and competing at senior, old twats haha, level, retired now.

To be honest I do not know how cleaner I could live.

I will look up the Book, thanks again mate.

Morning all. I have a Autumn Blaze Maple tree being put in today. Can't wait!!!! I love them.

The only problem...the damn Spurs match isn't televised...bullshit!
The lack of TV coverage might turn out to be a blessing...I’m not expecting much tonight after Sunday...

Thanks for that Real, I am not to worried, as an ex-power lifter and general sportsman I have always had a clean diet, you mention Cholesterol, there here in is my problem, about 17 years ago I had a massive heart attack, Cholesterol, so 2 opps and 3 stents placed, on talking to my Doctor afterwards, I was as you can appreciate, very angry at the situation, as in, I lived clean, ate clean, no processed food, loads of veggies blah blah, he then told me in his words "mate you could live off rabbit food but still have high Cholesterol, because your own body is making the high Cholesterol on its own", so statins, beta blocka's and baby aspirin, Cholesterol is at a very good level and has been since the opps, so carried on training/working out and competing at senior, old twats haha, level, retired now.

To be honest I do not know how cleaner I could live.

I will look up the Book, thanks again mate.

Yep the body makes it's own cholesterol hence why we don't need to eat animal products or at least minimize it.

The body is an amazing machine really. Shame about peoples minds though. :LOL:

Morning everyone...cheer up Walt...listening to someone describing the minutes of details covering the wearing of face masks it sounds like the Dead Parrott sketch from Monty Python....you have to laugh....everyone will have to do this except if they say they are exempt...right...

Tbh in the overall scheme of things I remain sceptical of the impact masks will make but will conform to the rules....several studies have shown that the impact accredited to the wearing of masks has coincided with the impact of other measures in reducing infection rates but I guess every little helps...now if the masks prevented the wearer from catching the virus then no one would need much persuasion but I guess that’s just being selfish..

Anyway, enough of that....played golf yesterday....one of our group was late due to a road accident happening in front of him, but no one seriously hurt...he then proceeded to hit a phenomenal drive which put his back out but he limped on until the other guy started shanking (no it’s not what you think a Walt) and decided he had had enough after 11 holes and went home without stopping for a beer and the other one also went straight home...it just gets better and better....thank you China....

Big day today...appointment for a hair cut...have to wear a mask, arrive exactly on time, juggle three balls while having my hair washed...can’t wait..

Stay safe guys...whatever it takes til this madness is over...
H, Can’t believe shanking on a golf course is condoned in any shape or form ! Nick will be all over you if he reads this . Bringing the game of golf into disrepute, don’t you know !
This golf sounds like a right laugh , having your back put out , shanking whilst driving , going home without a beer, Going straight home ! No one out with the lads goes straight home ! Worse thing you could ever do , injured or not . Back , Rod , it will be a new rule , just you wait and see !
hope your hair cut goes ok , Harry
how do you get on if you can’t juggle ? Can you do anything else like perform a card trick for example ? Does it make the haircut cheaper if you put on a good performance ?
Too many rules and regulations for me !
stay safe mate . Keep posting (y):tophat:

H, Can’t believe shanking on a golf course is condoned in any shape or form ! Nick will be all over you if he reads this . Bringing the game of golf into disrepute, don’t you know !
This golf sounds like a right laugh , having your back put out , shanking whilst driving , going home without a beer, Going straight home ! No one out with the lads goes straight home ! Worse thing you could ever do , injured or not . Back , Rod , it will be a new rule , just you wait and see !
hope your hair cut goes ok , Harry
how do you get on if you can’t juggle ? Can you do anything else like perform a card trick for example ? Does it make the haircut cheaper if you put on a good performance ?
Too many rules and regulations for me !
stay safe mate . Keep posting (y):tophat:
More golf today...I’m playing with the shanker again if he turns up...couldn’t do the juggling so had to pay full price...the hair cut experience is like ground hog day....I tell him what I want, he tells me why it can’t be done and then he cuts it how he thinks it should be cut...at least he left it a bit longer this time....

Westher is dull as ditchwater up here this morning but dry...got to run to get ready...some plonker booked an early start....

Stay safe guys...

Good morning all . Quite pleasant here this morning , fine day for allotmenteers to gather and chew the cud .
we were forecast for a lot of rain yesterday but it didn’t materialise , which was good for sitting in the garden with our daughter and grandchildren , it got a bit cold though about two o’clock . Cold in July !
hope you are all well and not getting complacent. This isn’t going away . Keep safe .

Good morning all . Quite pleasant here this morning , fine day for allotmenteers to gather and chew the cud .
we were forecast for a lot of rain yesterday but it didn’t materialise , which was good for sitting in the garden with our daughter and grandchildren , it got a bit cold though about two o’clock . Cold in July !
hope you are all well and not getting complacent. This isn’t going away . Keep safe .
Wrap up well Walt!

Just read that since mourhino’s first game back In November, only the bindippers and city have won more premier league games . Surprising ennit !
He said last night that our points total since he started would have us in fourth place .
if that doesn’t make it a good morning then I don’t know what does!

Wrap up well Walt!
It was bizarre Smithy , it was nice sitting out there having lunch , kids were playing , we were chatting , then suddenly it went really cold . They were going about half last two anyway but after they went , the sun came out and it warmed up immediately . It was back to normal temperatures. Weird !
I bet you really miss the the vagaries of the English weather . !

It was bizarre Smithy , it was nice sitting out there having lunch , kids were playing , we were chatting , then suddenly it went really cold . They were going about half last two anyway but after they went , the sun came out and it warmed up immediately . It was back to normal temperatures. Weird !
I bet you really miss the the vagaries of the English weather . !
Think that I'd probably struggle with three weeks summer a year, at best, these days. I could do without these Cape winters though, been perishing here these past few days!

It's a momentous day, we have well and truly bounced back; the stock market is rebounding as news of the potential success of the Oxford vaccine is now being understood, still, some caution prevails, but I'm telling you lads it works and it works well - it's just a question of how long it might last for (the effects) but the news that it causes T-cells to be produced is utterly brilliant and may well harbour a permanent one-shot solution...

It is a great day; the gloom will be lifted, just as I said it would be!!

It's a momentous day, we have well and truly bounced back; the stock market is rebounding as news of the potential success of the Oxford vaccine is now being understood, still, some caution prevails, but I'm telling you lads it works and it works well - it's just a question of how long it might last for (the effects) but the news that it causes T-cells to be produced is utterly brilliant and may well harbour a permanent one-shot solution...

It is a great day; the gloom will be lifted, just as I said it would be!!
Yes I mentioned the T cell question on the Covid thread...it could be the key...let’s hope so.