Good Morning Thread | Page 268 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , the sun is shining , woody is pecking , people are out and about dog walking , plants are growing , the air is warming up , I’m thinking of getting the gazebo cover out and getting it washed and dried and put back up . It’s all lovely out there ,........ if you don’t think too much about it .

I’m off for my second jab at ten thirty , then going to the pub ( battle , ....Pompey !) at two .

Greavsie , what sort of system do you play your albums on .?
I loved my Denon deck and Pioneer amp .
British speakers used to be the best ( Roberts).... I think ....., I had to settle for AKAI as I couldn’t afford to be too choosy .

Nowadays speaker technology seems to be incredible , .
I used to love touring the Hi Fi shops and seeing all the things I couldn’t afford , then getting jealous when one of my mates splashed out on the latest Amp.

CDs and music systems have a lot to answer for . ...

Hope you all have a good day , stay safe . Look after each other .

Went to Cheddar yesterday and did some of the Cheddar Gorge walk. Absolutely stunning up there. Views over the gorge/Mendips. 👌

I can see why people in Cheddar are rich. Nearly £6 for a milkshake and a fiver for parking. 🙄
Kin Ell , that’s ridiculous .
ive only done the drive through the gorge , we must have have been around twenty at the time.
Me and my mate would go camping all over the place , leaving Friday night after work , around four o clock ,( POETS days back then ! ) in the summer, close season months .
We went to a campsite near the gorge that had the most amazing range of Whisky we had ever seen , ..... that was Friday night ..... we didn’t see a lot of Saturday ... did the caves on Sunday and came home .
From what I remember it is the most amazing place .
Hope you are settling in ok mate .
Have you found any other Spurs nutters there yet ?

Kin Ell , that’s ridiculous .
ive only done the drive through the gorge , we must have have been around twenty at the time.
Me and my mate would go camping all over the place , leaving Friday night after work , around four o clock ,( POETS days back then ! ) in the summer, close season months .
We went to a campsite near the gorge that had the most amazing range of Whisky we had ever seen , ..... that was Friday night ..... we didn’t see a lot of Saturday ... did the caves on Sunday and came home .
From what I remember it is the most amazing place .
Hope you are settling in ok mate .
Have you found any other Spurs nutters there yet ?

Not yet Walt. Just a load of crazy carrot crunchers that talk weird at the moment. 😆

Morning all, just got back from the Ville, did my normal chores, Veg shop etc, happy peops with smiley boatraces everywhere, do they know summat I don't, anyway Friday Market in full swing, meatman etc.

Weather as Walt said earlier, the Sun has got is Hat on!

Mrs PY got her monthly delivery of flowers, yeah I know, but they do make her smile.

Walt you are off to the boozer, thought I would let you know, I haven't been in a boozer in Britain for about 14 years, mainly because Mrs PY being in a wheel chair, which she cannot operate on her own, hurts her hands, so in a pub, I have to take her to the loo, and when we come back, table in chairs gone, so stopped going, plus she has a fear of being knocked or touched, which causes immense pain.

So its Woods or Pusser's Gunpowder rum at home, plus a couple bottles of Hobgoblin real ale.

Mind when I came out of the Forces, having health check up no worries for me, but the Doctor called me a Binge drinking Alcaholic, always having to have a pint at last orders, so I actually went teetotal, except for either Rums at Xmas and New Year, for 15+ years, didn't touch a drop of the stuff all year.

RD it sounds like you are settling in nicely in your new gaff down the SW, good on ya! correct decision for you and the missus, you will get used to the Wurzel families and their ways, I know it isn't Somerset but you do get my jist? I hope! just join in mate.

Am back off up the Ville now to have a cuppa with some oppo's.
Keep yourselves, kin and friend safe. Cheers foor now.

Walt , check with the nurse if booze and vaccination on the same day is OK.
While it's true that chronic, heavy drinking and binge drinking can suppress your immune system, Richard Kennedy, professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and co-director of the Vaccine Research Group, says an occasional drink — including one after your second dose, “won't have an effect.”9 Apr 2021

https://www.wfxrtv.com › coronavirus
Phew !!!!!!!!! :cheers: :tophat: Thanks for the concern mate . Really appreciated . I never gave that a thought .

While it's true that chronic, heavy drinking and binge drinking can suppress your immune system, Richard Kennedy, professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and co-director of the Vaccine Research Group, says an occasional drink — including one after your second dose, “won't have an effect.”9 Apr 2021

https://www.wfxrtv.com › coronavirus
Phew !!!!!!!!! :cheers: :tophat: Thanks for the concern mate . Really appreciated . I never gave that a thought .

You never know with these vaccines, it's a new phenomenon for a lot of us.

Are you back from the pub already Walt? Lightweight!
Ha ha , got in there at two , had four pints and we were home by five .
Really enjoyed it , it started getting colder around five , the sun went down behind the building. We were in an open sided , very large Marquee .
Very pleasant ...... Table service , by very inexperienced table servers , took a while , but we ordered two pints at a time each , seemed to confuse them at first !
I don’t like my beer in these “new fangled “
multishaped , advertising glasses so I always have mine in one of the old fashioned clear straight glass .
For some reason they are known as NonEc glasses .
That took a while to convey as well .
When the pub was open as normal , before lockdown , the regular staff knew that , knew what I drank and I didn’t have to ask .
But ,, I really enjoyed seeing all the old faces , nobody has been reported as missing , seems like everyone who used to go there before has made it .
The landlady is even taking bookings for bands again when further restriction are being lifted.
I don’t know if I would want to go every week and sit in a marquee , it was ok for a one off experience , ok if you was sitting down , but you can’t mingle , not allowed to stand up and walk around , pint in your hand .

I’m not sure they even still sell Babycham RD, I’m going to ask .

They did have a new Italian Lager , tastes a bit like Draught Peroni I’m told . I stayed on my usual Kronenberg .

Last edited:
A rare contribution to a thread that I really enjoy - so much more than watching our team just now!
So yesterday we travelled down from near St Albans to our static caravan in Swanage for just 3 nights. Having successfully tucked up our house and garden, my allotment and 95 years old mother in law’s garden and greenhouse we landed in Swanage about 3pm. It was then and is today so lovely and sunny and was really warm yesterday pm. I ramble a bit but Walt and Pompey this is close to your neck of the woods and you are fortunate to be on this coast. Good on you.
Anyway at 74 I am no techy but I duly set up my mobile WiFi dongle thing as we have no Sky TV other than in the clubhouse and settled to watch our team. Didn’t work. Tried everything. Decided to link my phone to iPad to watch. Result was probably a real blessing!!! Very iffy picture, buffering, occasional clear view but missed about 70% of game. From what I saw we were awful. Usual can’t remember who our team mates are, what does pass and move mean and general disarray. Not sure I could have stood a clear view of that all match - a real blessing!
Anyway I’m doing a Walt and rambling. Must be something to do with having an allotment! Off for a walk over the cliffs to King Harry rocks ( unfortunately our King Harry may not be rocking up at Wembley!) ending up at the nearby pub for lunch and a beer or 2. Tough really but think I can suffer it.
Enjoy your day all. Too good to stay in!