Good Morning Thread | Page 269 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well good afternoon all, lovely n sunny here, not a cloud in the sky.

Been up the Ville, packed, loads of peops, all the cafes n 2 boozers the same, out doors anyway.

Had a phone chat yesterday with my oppo in hospital, survived Covid, he told me that he isn't going to the rehabilitation home in Petersfield now, they are keeping him in the QA until he can successfully walk 10 metres on his own, then home to his gaff.
He has lost 6 stone in weight, bloody hell what a way to lose it, I said right the hard work starts keeping it off and as you are.
I have been told to bring him a bottle of Pussers Gunpowder Rum, 57% proof, I have one for him, he wants it to go with his first meal at home...Steak n chips plus all the extras, so he will be going to bed early lol!

Spurs54, lovely part of the world there in Swanage, my company was there many years ago building a new small Sewage Treatment Works, memories eh!
Mind me and Mrs PY had some great times/week ends in the town again many years ago, its probably changed a hell of a lot since those days.

Mrs PY and one of our daughter's is sitting down watching TV, you can all guess why!
RIP comrade in arms.

Off now chaps n chapesses, keep you and your own safe.

Well good afternoon all, lovely n sunny here, not a cloud in the sky.

Been up the Ville, packed, loads of peops, all the cafes n 2 boozers the same, out doors anyway.

Had a phone chat yesterday with my oppo in hospital, survived Covid, he told me that he isn't going to the rehabilitation home in Petersfield now, they are keeping him in the QA until he can successfully walk 10 metres on his own, then home to his gaff.
He has lost 6 stone in weight, bloody hell what a way to lose it, I said right the hard work starts keeping it off and as you are.
I have been told to bring him a bottle of Pussers Gunpowder Rum, 57% proof, I have one for him, he wants it to go with his first meal at home...Steak n chips plus all the extras, so he will be going to bed early lol!

Spurs54, lovely part of the world there in Swanage, my company was there many years ago building a new small Sewage Treatment Works, memories eh!
Mind me and Mrs PY had some great times/week ends in the town again many years ago, its probably changed a hell of a lot since those days.

Mrs PY and one of our daughter's is sitting down watching TV, you can all guess why!
RIP comrade in arms.

Off now chaps n chapesses, keep you and your own safe.
Yes we love it here Pompey. Suspect it hasn’t changed that much. Still a pretty old fashioned resort no big stores to speak of and majors on small shops.
Had our walk over Ballard Down to King Harry rocks and then to the pub. The walk in the sunshine took a couple of hours and Mrs 54 was knowing she had some Covid effects still. Pain above her left lung. But she did really well.
Got to the pub. All outdoors order online. Been there before. Knew the system. So many people there even though we were early just couldn’t order. After 40 minutes plus help we gave up especially as friends were getting married and it was on Zoom. Went back about 2 hours later. Enjoyed the meal although it went cold too soon outside. And I had forgotten the pleasure of draught bitter. Wonderful. So all in all a good day. Sunny again tomorrow. May even be encouraged to write another epistle then!

Afternoon all, just finished my morning chores, Carer's work never done, but Mrs PY is worth it, creep creep! in case she reads this lol!

Sunday outdoor/garden chores next, aviary, wild critturs etc, bit of weeding, investigate why the Bull dog hound is digging a particular spot in the Garden.

Sun has got its hat on again down this way.

54, thanks for that, sounds like you and the missus had a great day.

RD, are you sure your not in Southsea, them costs/prices fit.

Cheers all, keep yourselves and you kin safe.

I am sitting in the garden soaking up the sun. I am being harassed by my wife with a garden want list.
Last year we made some changes and improvements on a budget and this year will have to be the same. I am trying to manage her expectations while keeping costs down.
Its like managing Spurs.
She wants another pond and plants to go with it. More pond soil to refresh her existing plants.
A potting table work station.
Some replacement plants for those that didn't overwinter. She is almost in tears because they haven't come back.
More shade loving rockery plants.

I came out here to relax FFS. But its a challenge to get creative about I guess.

I am sitting in the garden soaking up the sun. I am being harassed by my wife with a garden want list.
Last year we made some changes and improvements on a budget and this year will have to be the same. I am trying to manage her expectations while keeping costs down.
Its like managing Spurs.
She wants another pond and plants to go with it. More pond soil to refresh her existing plants.
Some replacement plants for those that didn't overwinter. She is almost in tears because they haven't come back.

I came out here to relax FFS. But its a challenge to get creative about I guess.
Nick, that will teach you for relaxing in a visible space, find yourself a hidy hole lol!
Remember women, bless em, have a built in sonar relating to hubby stopping lol!

Did a hike to Brent Knoll today. Even more stunning up there than the Cheddar Gorge.

14 degrees with clear skys, perfect hiking weather.

Been ripping up the shitty old carpets this weekend. Piss stains on the floor boards, toe nails and bogeys were found.

What sort of **** do you need to be to live like that?

I was livid. Lol

Its like managing Spurs.

A happy wife is a happy life . Get your wallet out mate . Stop your whinging.

How many miles did you rack up mate?

Not many for this trip. We don't plan on going much more than 2-3 hours towing this travel trailer. This trip was roughly 120 miles to our destination. Stayed two nights and returned this morning.

We are not sure the camping life is for us yet...so taking it slow. More trips to follow...after I get a couple things fixed.

Looking forward to hearing about what went wrong and why and also where you went!!

80, we live in Shreveport, LA...yeah kind of shitty but my base is here. (Needless to say we can't wait to move to our forever home destination...Texas Hill Country...wine country...still a handful of years away from being ready to do that)

This trip was the first in the camper, so we wanted to stay somewhere close so if anything went wrong we were not far from home. We went to Tyler, TX. (actually a small little campground South of Tyler called Lookout Mountain RV Park) We checked out some wineries there...one we really like. (wife and I enjoy our dark dry reds!)

The camper had a small water leak on the outside...I was seeing water drip underneath pretty steadily. (not sure from where...and the rig is still under warranty, so going to have them fix it and address a few small superficial things)

All in all, not bad...not too sure if the camping life is for us yet...that is why we went with a travel trailer instead of a full up Class C...WAY CHEAPER.

80, we live in Shreveport, LA...yeah kind of shitty but my base is here. (Needless to say we can't wait to move to our forever home destination...Texas Hill Country...wine country...still a handful of years away from being ready to do that)

This trip was the first in the camper, so we wanted to stay somewhere close so if anything went wrong we were not far from home. We went to Tyler, TX. (actually a small little campground South of Tyler called Lookout Mountain RV Park) We checked out some wineries there...one we really like. (wife and I enjoy our dark dry reds!)

The camper had a small water leak on the outside...I was seeing water drip underneath pretty steadily. (not sure from where...and the rig is still under warranty, so going to have them fix it and address a few small superficial things)

All in all, not bad...not too sure if the camping life is for us yet...that is why we went with a travel trailer instead of a full up Class C...WAY CHEAPER.

Good stuff. Check out Harvest Hosts if you like wine. https://harvesthosts.com/

Good morning all , don’t the weekends go fast . Monday morning again . Sister in laws birthday today , unsocially distanced garden gathering for four of us .
the weather looks good for it . It was lovely in the garden yesterday .

We have had to start watering , it’s been so dry . Every thing in the greenhouse is coming up , I will have to give the allotment a going over and get final preparations done , nets and cages need to be sorted out .
I need to make the cages stronger this year , the badgers destroyed them last summer . Flattened the cabbages in the process.

I’m going to be cleverer than them now ! Huh !

I’m not at all happy with this super league . It’s really pissed me off .

Covid or no Covid . It’s not the answer , and it’s going to send the rest of the football pyramid into poverty and bankruptcy. .

Hope you all have a good day . Stay safe and look after each other. Not like the big six !!!! They are just looking after themselves and fuck everyone else ,