O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 31 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

Agree Chiv... Times like this really make clear how disgusting the current salaries, ticket prices, and even TV subscriptions around elite football are. Average PL salary is over 50k pw while nurses and teachers can't support a family on their salaries, yet in a time of crisis who is more needed? The supply and demand model obviously means footballers will always out-earn nurses, but perhaps we'll see a societal shift towards being happy for more of our hard earned going to the people we need the most.

Let's hope this crisis winds things back a decade or 2.

View attachment 38287

And talking of TV income, wait till Sky and BT start asking for their money back from the PL as no games are being played, subscriptions are being cancelled and advertising revenue is lost.

I pay myself a low salary through my own company then put profits back in to the company and occasionally take dividends. Lots in my industry do the same, and I know the same is true in a lot of other industries.

Many have it far far worse but not ideal if my company ceases to make much revenue for time being and I'm on 80% of the pittance I pay myself.... Didn't foresee anything like this or I'd have taken one of the many much better salaried jobs I've been offered where a wage cut would still be plenty to live off. As a business we're not wholly reliant on the live industry and I'm trying to pivot my business model to focus on releasing more music with low overheads and hope that streaming consumption can sustain us while live show money disappears.

Interestingly Spotify usage has dropped by around 10%. Guess lots of people listen while doing gym workouts and commuting, and they're now at home with YouTube / Netflix / Twitter to distract them instead of playlists. So the optimistic response that lockdowns would mean people listening to more music at home seems to be misguided.

The package offered today doesn't apply to me either, and many other contractors out there as Ltd company is the preferred method.

It also excludes people who have become self employed in the last year because "they might exploit the system" and anyone earning more than 50k a year (20% of the contractors).

This country punishes people who make it in life.Make money, pay a lot of taxes, lose all benefits due to tax bracket, lose personal allowance, lose childcare and forgo all employment protection if you're self employed.

Something happens? Ah well, you used to earn a lot of money so you can fuck off and take care of yourself.

I worked my socks off all my life and gladly paid taxes, as it is the right thing to do. Some people work just as hard but weren't as lucky as me , and I believe in social responsibility.

The idea that this responsibility doesn't apply to me as I have no clients and I'm forced to stay home, just because I earned more than 50k is both dangerous and heartbreaking.

Now I understand why the rich don't pay their taxes when they can, if anything ever happened the country would throw them to the dogs.

I feel sick.

The package offered today doesn't apply to me either, and many other contractors out there as Ltd company is the preferred method.

It also excludes people who have become self employed in the last year because "they might exploit the system" and anyone earning more than 50k a year (20% of the contractors).

This country punishes people who make it in life.Make money, pay a lot of taxes, lose all benefits due to tax bracket, lose personal allowance, lose childcare and forgo all employment protection if you're self employed.

Something happens? Ah well, you used to earn a lot of money so you can fuck off and take care of yourself.

I worked my socks off all my life and gladly paid taxes, as it is the right thing to do. Some people work just as hard but weren't as lucky as me , and I believe in social responsibility.

The idea that this responsibility doesn't apply to me as I have no clients and I'm forced to stay home, just because I earned more than 50k is both dangerous and heartbreaking.

Now I understand why the rich don't pay their taxes when they can, if anything ever happened the country would throw them to the dogs.

I feel sick.

Don't worry mate them lazy feckers who can't be arsed to work have just been given an extra £1000 a year. They have clearly earned it.

People like me and you don't count. Working hard is clearly a mugs game.

Once this dies off I will seriously consider moving away after this monstrosity.

I feel sick.

This has been the attitude for years. You own your own business so you're automatically greedy and a thief and you should never get anyhelp from the government.

Success=greed. Naff off.

Don't worry mate them lazy feckers who can't be arsed to work have just been given an extra £1000 a year. They have clearly earned it.

Once this dies off I will seriously consider moving away after this monstrosity.

The ponces in society have been catered for and encouraged by the loony left for too long over here.

If it's every man to himself, it has to be a place which rewards success.

Green card application already made, I guess it'll be delayed but we'll be out of here.

So based on worldometers.com the C19 virus is killing 10% of infected people....or reported cases. Which says to me we have absolutely no idea what is really going on.

Math doesn't support this. Of course like you say...who really knows what is going on. For all I know zombies are running rampant.

If it's every man to himself, it has to be a place which rewards success.

Green card application already made, I guess it'll be delayed but we'll be out of here.
Unless you are a special category, the wait time is years mate.

Sorry mate when people are losing their jobs, homes ect that doesn't cut it. That only washes if you are in a comfortable situation.

There is no commonsense being used by the government for the average Joe. Most people do not have the time to wait, they don't earn enough to have savings to bail them out.

Every working class person who is not working should be given a grant each month. I don't have a problem with the 80% of the salary part by the way, that's fair.

Funny how the benefit scum bags all get an instant extra £1000 a year. They are probably the only people in the country benefiting from this. Its a frigging disgrace.
I’m not saying it isn’t a serious situation, I’m saying that working out the details of essentially making payments to everyone affected by the current situation is complex and, unfortunately, takes time unless you give everyone a government debit card and say fill your boots.

So based on worldometers.com the C19 virus is killing 10% of infected people....or reported cases. Which says to me we have absolutely no idea what is really going on.

The figures are just as they should be then, if it wipes out 000001 % of the world's
population they can say we told you so, and if it wipes out 50% of the world's population they can say we told you so.

Same set of numbers , just presented to the proles to suit any agenda they want.

Spouse category is the fastest, I know multiple people who have received it in under a year and our lawyer said that similar applications average 12-18 months.
That’s the best category, I wanted to join my brother and that category Was 13 years...we decided we’d both be dead by then so didn’t bother to take it further.