O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 2 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

Excellent Muttley, totally agree with this. The numbers are almost negligible here in LA, so many people are carrying on as usual and are proudly skeptical, as if that makes them stronger/superior. that's the danger, as at this stage of the process more people than we know are in the carrying phase and by the time that all augments, it will be beyond containment. then panic will set in and "why didn't someone tell us?". people will regret not having stocked up from the supermarket etc. it's like living in two worlds - holding my breath and keeping my distance while walking past people on the street/supermarket, then glad Trump hasn't stopped UK flights and hoping the ticket i scored on Monday for the Arsenal match in April will still be valid!

Hope it is paddy, but I wouldn't hold your breath, or should that be you should hold your beath?!

Seemingly at last Gov/organisations are losing their complacency, but I fear it may be too little too late to stop a mass infection.

La liga have just postponed season for at least the next two weeks; but could make it a permanent close down after that.

PL please take note.

This virus issue has been procrastinated by the authorities. There is varying levels of response across the world. The most stringent measures should have been taken earlier rather than wait to see how bad it gets. The China and Italy escalations were warnings.
I think the response has been inhibited in fear of financial impact.

Last edited:
Real Deal , how are you getting on ? Any signs of getting better . ?

It's a strange virus. One day you feel okay the next you are bed/sofa bound.

Bit better today. Fever seems to be going and head aches have decreased. Can't shift the chest infection though.

Got to wait till Monday to see if I can have antibiotics. 14 day wait bollocks.

It's a strange virus. One day you feel okay the next you are bed/sofa bound.

Bit better today. Fever seems to be going and head aches have decreased. Can't shift the chest infection though.

Got to wait till Monday to see if I can have antibiotics. 14 day wait bollocks.

Afraid I had it when I came back from a break abroad in November, followed the same symptoms as you're describing - it lasted all over xmas and half of January! but just as I though it had all gone got a sinus infection which has lasted months now despite shed loads of antibiotics, all I can say, is rest rest and rest as the big mistake I think I made was trying to hit the gym/exercise as I thought it was ended, only for the next wave to start.

Can't you get you doctor to call you and perscribe over the phone?

Afraid I had it when I came back from a break abroad in November, followed the same symptoms as you're describing - it lasted all over xmas and half of January! but just as I though it had all gone got a sinus infection which has lasted months now despite shed loads of antibiotics, all I can say, is rest rest and rest as the big mistake I think I made was trying to hit the gym/exercise as I thought it was ended, only for the next wave to start.

I heard anti biotics dont work on viruses ?

That's what I'll try. Our doctors surgery is so shite though. Takes hours to get an appointment on the phone. The day is booked up by the time it's your turn.

Only way is queuing really.

I did some walking this morning. That was enough. Driving me nuts. 🤪

That's what I'll try. Our doctors surgery is so shite though. Takes hours to get an appointment on the phone. The day is booked up by the time it's your turn.

I bet it's driving you nuts. It's naffing comedy here as Colorado is not on the prescribed testing list and no one wants to test her. The hospital is fighting for her now, She's isolated in a waiting room there. But they said the health unit will likely throw any swabs out BECAUSE Colorado is not on the list. In the meantime most of the cases in Canada can be traced back to the US. The upside to her not knowing is the inlaws are afraid to come over. If the result is negative I may not publicly release the result.

The world is officially off the rails. In the last hour I have had 3 phone calls from random people wanting to know if we have C19. How the naff they got my home number I would really like to know.

The world is officially off the rails. In the last hour I have had 3 phone calls from random people wanting to know if we have C19. How the naff they got my home number I would really like to know.

From the hospital staff; the media will have offered to pay informers. The media always wants to be the first to get the news and for this will pay anything.

Well due to my wife's persistence, and I am aware just how effective that is from experience
default_Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_23.gif
, the local hospital has forced the health unit to get off it's arse and set up an isolated testing facility. My wife is first on the list and the people at the hospital said thank you to her because they had no idea how unprepared our region was. Should be ready this afternoon.

So anyone out there needing action, self isolate and then PUSH hard in your local area and don't wait for national level solutions. They are too far removed from the situation.

So is there nothing you can take to alleviate the condition apart from the usual cough mixture , paracetamol etc.
Getting to see a doctor where I am is ridiculous .
my wife is just getting over a major bowel cancer operation , which was very successful thanks to a genius of a surgeon. .She has to have a lot of attention in the aftermath of the operation which is not considered an emergency ,but very necessary,
and can only get appointments for four weeks down the line . Any appointment for anything is always four weeks .She went online for an E Consultation and they told her she needed to see a doctor !
Really can’t see the point of phoning the surgery for help with this virus . Don’t understand the reason for being tested . If I cop it I’m just going to stay indoors and hope I survive ! I haven’t heard officially but I think whiskey helps !

Last edited:
So is there nothing you can take to alleviate the condition apart from the usual cough mixture , paracetamol etc.
Getting to see a doctor where I am is ridiculous .
my wife is just getting over a major bowel cancer operation , which was very successful thanks to a genius of a surgeon. .She has to have a lot of attention in the aftermath of the operation which is not considered an emergency ,but very necessary,
and can only get appointments for four weeks down the line . Any appointment for anything is always four weeks .She went online for an E Consultation and they told her she needed to see a doctor !
Really can’t see the point of phoning the surgery for help with this virus . Don’t understand the reason for being tested . If I cop it I’m just going to stay indoors and hope I survive ! I haven’t heard officially but I think whiskey helps !

Walthy, sorry to hear about your wife; but if it helps and need advice or just need answers you can DM me, I have five years of experience for caring for my wife who has mutiple ops and had the same condition.