O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 3 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

Boris wasnt very positive. He basically said the virus is now beyond containment ( which I had figured days ago) and we now need to delay and manage when the peak arrives. We are thought to be 4 weeks behind Italy which again I doubt, probably more like 2 weeks. People are going to die and families are going to lose loved ones before their time. There is nothing we can do about it.

People need to self isolate if they develop the symptoms so as to prevent the spread, I'm not sure they can be trusted to do so.

Boris wasnt very positive. He basically said the virus is now beyond containment ( which I had figured days ago) and we now need to delay and manage when the peak arrives. We are thought to be 4 weeks behind Italy which again I doubt, probably more like 2 weeks. People are going to die and families are going to lose loved ones before their time. There is nothing we can do about it.

People need to self isolate if they develop the symptoms so as to prevent the spread, I'm not sure they can be trusted to do so.

It comes down to how much do you care about the people around you.

All my very best wishes and thoughts to all you guys and partners who are in such difficult places at the moment. Hope it all works out for you all.

Our team seems to be heading for the abysss ...lets hope all's well that ends well for you guys primarily, and in time hopefully our team as well.
Sincerely Greavsy

Are we being kept in the dark over this. Is it far worse than they are letting on. ? Would they tell us the truth if it was really bad ?

Are we being kept in the dark over this. Is it far worse than they are letting on. ? Would they tell us the truth if it was really bad ?

I know NHS have been disaster planning assuming all the staff will be too sick to treat anyone at some point, and training non medical staff how to take over.

Hopefully they're just planning for the worst case scenario - but the tweet thread I shared from Italy was revealing about what will happen if we follow their path. Most at risk people being turned away from ICU as they have to focus on people most likely to survive with treatment.

Generally people tell 3/4 people good news and 9/11 people bad news ...so to stop the panic spreading what do you think the govt will be saying?

At the start we were told its not as bad as the flu which kills one in a thousand. A Virology professor has just revealed Covid 19 kills1 in 50 who get it. What's next ?

People over 60 or people who have a weak immune system are in danger. Its similar to Influenza. healthy children and adults under 60 should recover. but with a virus you never know how your body reacts. These kind of virus have been part of human history since ages. so shutting down every thing wont change anything, cause the next virus is just around the corner. imagine having this every year. shutting everything down which amuses. humanity would change and im not sure it would be to a better.

I have a friend who is Chinese she said the Chinese have known about the virus since August/September. They kept it under the radar to avoid a crash in the money market.

She's also convinced they have a vaccine already. They are monitoring how deadly it becomes, how it reacts in different climates ect.

If true sounds man made to me.

Anyway enough of the conspiracy talk and bring on night nurse.🤪

I have a friend who is Chinese she said the Chinese have known about the virus since August/September. They kept it under the radar to avoid a crash in the money market.

She's also convinced they have a vaccine already. They are monitoring how deadly it becomes, how it reacts in different climates ect.

If true sounds man made to me.

Anyway enough of the conspiracy talk and bring on night nurse.🤪

I am conditioned into thinking the worst about mankind now. Sorry to be negative.

I thought a lot of what he said was right, no point sugar coating shit.

I am conditioned into thinking the worst about mankind now. Sorry to be negative.

You're like me mate. A realist.

All you have to do is go on Amazon and see alcohol gel prices going up by a thousand % to realise even in this type of situation it's all about money.

Dumb selfish fucktards buying everything in shops so nobody else can buy anything.

Elon Musk has it right he wants to live on Mars because he doesn't want to be around most humans.

It's a strange virus. One day you feel okay the next you are bed/sofa bound.

Bit better today. Fever seems to be going and head aches have decreased. Can't shift the chest infection though.

Got to wait till Monday to see if I can have antibiotics. 14 day wait bollocks.

Do you know what you've actually got RD ?

Do you know what you've actually got RD ?

I phoned 111 for advice. Asked to be tested for the Corona virus. They weren't interested. They told me to self isolate. Which I did.

I didn't have a chest cold to start with hence why I thought I had it. That came 5 days later.

But coughing up mucus means it's a bacterial infection so it won't the viral fecker.

Mind you I support Spurs I probably have both. 🤪

I watched the whole press conference and actually found a lot to be reassured by.

Yes we have 10 deaths and the numbers officially recorded are near 600, but the real number who are infected is more like 10,000 , which seems more than likely.

Let that sink in amongst the gloom and doom.

Lots of other positive stuff too, like not just closing schools for loads of reasons and it could actually make things worse.

I felt as a country we were slower to react but we ain't just knee jerking, things are being thought about and thought ahead.

I phoned 111 for advice. Asked to be tested for the Corona virus. They weren't interested. They told me to self isolate. Which I did.

I didn't have a chest cold to start with hence why I thought I had it. That came 5 days later.

But coughing up mucus means it's a bacterial infection so it won't the viral fecker.

Mind you I support Spurs I probably have both. 🤪

That's the thing with the official numbers really, they are based on what ?

Get well soon Bud. :thumbup: