Nuno Espirito Santo | Page 6 | Vital Football

Nuno Espirito Santo

I know we have been critical of the Mendes recruitment model but if that’s what we are going to do, we may as well have a manager who is on board with it.
Nuno knows Cordon and he knows Mendes so you'd like to think that there's some thread now joining this.
It makes sense from that perspective, but you have to ignore all the times Mendes has completely fucked us in the transfer market in the past.

Wolves fans are not too happy at the thought of Nuno coming here...

A more palatable read, thanks Strett. I'm more gutted at the prospect of losing Cooper than angry/disappointed at appointing Nuno if I'm honest. I'd regard it as sensible if unexciting, rather than a disaster appointment.

The stark reality is any roll of the dice on a new manager is a huge gamble. Even the best managers fail at certain clubs and do better at others, a la Emery at Arsenal versus Emery at Villa, Poch at Chelsea versus Poch at Spurs etc etc. As others have mentioned the biggest failing for me has been a cohesive approach to transfers. Last season was understandable to some extent after getting promoted and being effectively left with half a first team but when we could all see it was quality over quantity we needed this summer, the board or whoever sanctions these things has virtually replicated the previous close seasons activity.

If and it’s a big if for me, Coops has had a major say in the summer acquisitions then I‘m afraid he has certainly underperformed and been the architect of his own downfall. But, if as I suspect he’s been foisted with a glut of ‘bigger names’ and expected to perform yet another miracle, then he deserves some real support in the Jan Transfer window in regards to some attacking options and a little bit more time because not even Guardiola, Klopp, Arteta et al would get a better tune out of this lot.

Could be bad news for mgw.

Its all well and good saying keep cooper...but has the dressing room been lost ?

Could be bad news for mgw.

Its all well and good saying keep cooper...but has the dressing room been lost ?
Yes and no for me. There are players very clearly still playing and working for the manager. There are players who we suspect aren't.