Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Poch 12.5 mil, Jose 15 mil, Nuno 14 mil. That's not including all their staff !!

Levy the careful businessman.

Yep, he had a team worth over half a billion in 2017. What did he cost us by not making sound business decisions during the next couple of years? Exactly the same way it is going with Kane.

Don't ever let me hear you say again that he's not a financial genius :LOL:

Nice to see the slew of good luck messages from the players for Nuno.
Either they have been told not to.
Or
Nuno was that bad they have nothing to say.
Or
They are embarrassed at getting 3 managers the boot.

You would think by now all clubs would have clauses in place.

Why do managers keep getting rewarded for failing?

He should have to pay the club back for the shit he served up.

He should sue the club for constructive dismissal. He wasn't given the tools to succeed. But hey, he got his payoff so no need. The payoffs prevent lawsuits.

I would bet Nuno is not thinking about the payoff, he is thinking about his career and what impact this will have.

Nuno should deal with his burnout first and take some significant time out.

Other clubs will love to see a reinvigorated Nuno. They will see that THFC has underlying issues and Nuno was setup for failure. They will know that player power made him look inept even though he hasn't been in previous roles.

I would suggest we stop blaming Nuno. A victim of circumstance.

You would think by now all clubs would have clauses in place.

Why do managers keep getting rewarded for failing?

He should have to pay the club back for the shit he served up.
I don't think managers would sign a contract if they could be dismissed without compensation.

I'm not convinced the club have left themselves so exposed to a £14m pay out. It seems the red tops are running with a story first emanating on the web. I'd like to see the story substantiated.

In any event, how much would it cost the club to keep Nuno? An awful lot more than £14m.

It was a bad decision to appoint him. It would be an even worse one to stick with him.

It happens in business. The key is to recognise it quickly, cut your losses and move on. We've done that now.

I don't think managers would sign a contract if they could be dismissed without compensation.

I'm not convinced the club have left themselves so exposed to a £14m pay out. It seems the red tops are running with a story first emanating on the web. I'd like to see the story substantiated.

In any event, how much would it cost the club to keep Nuno? An awful lot more than £14m.

It was a bad decision to appoint him. It would be an even worse one to stick with him.

It happens in business. The key is to recognise it quickly, cut your losses and move on. We've done that now.

I think it will be that Nuno gets paid up to the end of this season, but he gets the bonuses he didn't have a chance to earn. If was on a total package of £14m he'll collect Nov-Jun salary and bonuses. Could still be close to £10m.

I actually don't begrudge him it. His loss of future earnings was caused by our club.

I think it will be that Nuno gets paid up to the end of this season, but he gets the bonuses he didn't have a chance to earn. If was on a total package of £14m he'll collect Nov-Jun salary and bonuses. Could still be close to £10m.

I actually don't begrudge him it. His loss of future earnings was caused by our club.
I don't begrudge him it either. It's the nature of contracts in this business. Both parties agreed the terms at the outset. It's done now and both parties move on.

Personally I believe Nuno should have taken a long sabbatical when he left Wolves, I really do believe he wasn't in the right mindset to take on another job, let alone the Poison Chalice that was/is THFC.

I think all he proved is that he is a decent man, who given the surge of international breaks when he took over, the dreadful form of Kane and the lack of time he had them together, as well as signings he had little to no hand in made the job impossible for him.

It probably would for many a manager.

That said, I did hope he might be a 'lucky' appointment, but his lack of tactical acumen soon showed that wasn't to be - perhaps a midtable manager and always will be.

I wish him well.

I will never judge Nuno's stint in charge. How can you when we all know it was player power that stopped him from putting together any tactics and formation.

I will try to remember the first 30 mins against Chelsea as probably the way he was trying to set us up. The overpaid pricks even ruined that one for him by quitting on that system when we we had the upper hand.

I will never judge Nuno's stint in charge. How can you when we all know it was player power that stopped him from putting together any tactics and formation.

I will try to remember the first 30 mins against Chelsea as probably the way he was trying to set us up. The overpaid pricks even ruined that one for him by quitting on that system when we we had the upper hand.

If he dropped Kane he would have got the fans on his side.

It's not all on him for the reasons you mentioned but he didn't help himself.

I see Jose has said his piece. He thinks Nuno is a better coach than Conte. A little dig at the players imo.

I see Jose has said his piece. He thinks Nuno is a better coach than Conte. A little dig at the players imo.

To be fair to Jose, he did hint as much about the players when he was in charge.

I hope some of them go into management and experience player power one day. They will reflect back on this period as a player and finally get it.

I reckon that's part of the reason Conte joined: to put one over on Jose. To succeed where Jose failed. Of course, Jose will diss the achievement with some excuse.