Notts train | Page 3 | Vital Football

Notts train

Free train tickets are a victory for the little Guy in these days of privatised rip off services .Don't feel guilty about failing to fill the pockets of some billionaire on the odd occasion.
Oldgourd, I bet you're a bundle of fun on a lads nite out!

while some of The Kinks’ greatest riffs were played by Jimmy Page. Even The Beatles used the odd session musician.

Hmm...

Urban myth, he played rhythm on a few tracks on the 1st couple of Kinks albums, when Mr. Davies Snr wanted to concentrate on keys or vocals. Interestingly J. Page has never ever taken credit for any involvement on Kinks recordings, even when asked about his involvement with the kinks. He once famously retorted when asked, did you play the lead on the Kinks debut hit You Really Got Me. "...are you kidding, I couldn't play it like that, have you heard Dave (Davies) speak? He plays that solo just like he talks"

The confusion arises largely because the Kinks manager at the time was one Larry Page who was the ultimate Cockney wide boy and knew how to make a buck and surreptitiously got a song on the the Kinks eponymous album called Revenge (a ploy he used with artists on his roster) this track is often erroneously credited to Jimmy, but royalities go to Larry!