Notts County v Mansfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

Notts County v Mansfield

The only county game I've been to was the playoff Wembley game. I was young and thought it would be a fun day out, there were loads of Forest, some wearing colours and it didn't go down well.

Must admit they only really become relevant either when we have to play them or if we have loaned players to them. Otherwise... who?

Then again I haven’t lived in Nottingham in nearly 40 years so maybe that has something to do with it.

It's funny how times and attitudes change over the years. In the early days when I supported Forest quite a few football followers while supporting either Forest or Notts in particular still had some support for the other local side. Don't know when that sort of feeling started to disappear but it was after my time living in Nottingham.
I've still got friends living in the UK, Manchester's a good example and it's obvious that this quite intent dislike of the other club in town is now as common as muck. Over here it does exist but nothing like the level in England, in fact I've sat in pubs at odd times and had a good laugh with the opposition.

Wonder if it's something to do with the weather ?

It's funny how times and attitudes change over the years. In the early days when I supported Forest quite a few football followers while supporting either Forest or Notts in particular still had some support for the other local side. Don't know when that sort of feeling started to disappear but it was after my time living in Nottingham.
I've still got friends living in the UK, Manchester's a good example and it's obvious that this quite intent dislike of the other club in town is now as common as muck. Over here it does exist but nothing like the level in England, in fact I've sat in pubs at odd times and had a good laugh with the opposition.

Wonder if it's something to do with the weather ?

Can't remember when things changed, but there certainly wasn't any segregation of fans (or seats) circa 1960 when I went to my first game. You just had a nice chat to the opposition fans, yet by the 70's they were chucking bricks at each other.

No doubt that is that snert Flakez with his usual limp Bantz not that I expect anything less & why I have him placed FIRMLY back on ignore.

They are founder members of the league and have never left it, so it's not 'back' to anything, but the idea of them being passed on the way down by Solihull Moors and Salford City has great appeal.
Reading a book recently about football and it's origins, all clubs actually started as non league, but on the formation of what is now currently the FA, the rules were quickly changed to allow clubs to apply for inclusion into what we have now, albeit the rules have changed substantialy over the years.

He should try not getting his knob out on the own World Wide Web, thanks to the ilininformed & the deceived business conditions are tough enough already. Yeah

County aren't, Hardy's company Paragon are.

But Paragon 'lent' £6.5m to Hardy to buy help fund the purchase.

I hope that they sort it out, I don't want them to out of business - there but for the grace of god & all that - I'd also prefer that they weren't relegated, but not really bothered either way.

But Paragon 'lent' £6.5m to Hardy to buy help fund the purchase.

I hope that they sort it out, I don't want them to out of business - there but for the grace of god & all that - I'd also prefer that they weren't relegated, but not really bothered either way.

Understood but it is Paragon that are on the verge not County but I'm not an accountant so wouldn't know what the implications might be.

I agree that I don't want to see them go bust or relegated, my old man took me to see my first ever real game at Meadow Lane, nigh on 60 years ago and it was so memorable, I still remember being right on the halfway line pushed to the front because I was a littl'un, the place was packed and noisy, an atmosphere I'd never experienced before. Just a great memory for me as a kid, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them thanks to my dad.

Must admit I hope Notts stay up (and certainly stay in existence). They are going to struggle for points anyhow (2 vital home games coming up v Port Vale (Sat) and Morecambe 16th Mar). Any administration problems will see them straight out the league. Do they own their own ground, or is it owned by someone else? Doesn't look too good for them if Paragon can recall their money.