Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Page 21 | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

Manager Steve Bruce was full of praise for the Aston Villa players following victory over Nottingham Forest at the weekend, but one man in particular stood out for him.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524092">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Hogan has told Bruce not to bother buying another striker because he won't get his game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/15/aston-villa-scott-hogan-steve-bruce-nottingham-forest

Bikini Inspector - 13/1/2018 20:01

Silhillvilla - 13/1/2018 19:47

DeanoVilla - 13/1/2018 19:46

We've already won 13 games this season which is the same as the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons combined!!!!

Seriously I think some people forget just how bad it was back then, It's such a nice feeling to be winning games regularly again.
Goes to show what a great job Bruce is doing .

No it doesn't. We were in the Premier League then with no money and we are currently in the championship and have spent big money. Bruce is half decent at this level but his fanboys really do get carried away every time he plugs out a result.

Well said. With that kind of money spent, we should be where the Wolves are, however, I will be happy with being second to them. I am not a fan of Bruce's style of play, however, the Bristol game has clearly shown that we can play good attacking football against a side as good as them and end up on the winning side too. I hope Bruce continues to play the right people in their most effective positions and asks the team to go on the pitch to play without restrictions and just pass the ball along the ground and keep position of the ball in the opponents half and not our own. If we play that way, we will most likely win more than lose and help us survive and then do better in the premier league once promoted.

DeanoVilla - 13/1/2018 20:08

We're not allowed to be happy or support our manager and our club.... that makes us Fanboys apparently.

No problem in supporting the team and the manager, however, what he was trying to say, i presume, is we should not exaggerate what Bruce is doing. Great job would have been being top of the league with not a lot of money spent and playing attractive football.

Not sure where to post this so i will stick it on here.
I couldnt get Holte end tickets on Saturday for the game against that lot from the other side of town in February so have purchased elsewhere in the ground.
I just checked out our official ticket exchange partners Seatwave and some scumbag, who presumeably is a Villa fan is flogging two tickets on there for £100 per ticket
Tosser!

Where is this notion Bruce has spent big this season come from . We are net -£14m , one of the smallest budgets in the championship

Just can’t understand how Snoddy is still getting criticized. I don’t look at stats but I do know for sure that we won our last two away games 1-0 and he scored one and created the other. He has been involved in so many of our goals since arriving and our goal difference is very healthy, despite not having our main strikers healthy for a large portion of the season....

Re Snoddy, I think its a case of some people just dont see the whole picture.
They see one poor pass or a mistake in the game and that is what sticks in the mind for the rest of the match.
They fail to notice all the hard work he puts in off the ball and always offers himself for a pass, and doesnt hide away if its not going so good.
We would notice what he does if we lost his services.

wittonite - 16/1/2018 09:54

Re Snoddy,

People like or dislike some players, so I get it. For me, he's not world class, but this kind of sums it up for me - have we got anyone better in that position who works as hard as he does?

"Merd" - 16/1/2018 22:15

wittonite - 16/1/2018 09:54

Re Snoddy,

People like or dislike some players, so I get it. For me, he's not world class, but this kind of sums it up for me - have we got anyone better in that position who works as hard as he does?

He's a tenatious fella. He doesn't give their full back a moments rest.

I like him.

Man of the match results Villa away to Forest and the bleurr v Posh

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524104">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>