Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Page 19 | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

Just watched the official highlights. A very solid win away from home.

Great poacher's goal by Hogan.

Is Whelan injured?

villasince67 - 14/1/2018 14:09

Because a stumbling 1-0 lead could be lost in a second. Anyway - like I said it's all opinions

Depends if your glass is half empty or half full.

You can also go 2-0 up in a second as well.

Bloody hell, do people like to argue for no reason on here or what....

My take on it, and it is MY take so thete is no point having a go at me is that I also eant an "emphatic" victory.

Now that could be 1 0? It could be 5 0 , it could be 6 5 for all I care.

Last night we won 1 0 but is was "emphatic". As we all saw, as did Ch 5 and Sky commentators, we were in total control. Forest never troubled us and if a couple of our players had have been on form it would have been a lot higher score.

Thats emphatic. What I dont really want (although i would take it) is us to be outplayed for 89 mins, Johnstone to be motm but we manage to nick a goal and hold on.

As for the comments from Sill a few pages ago about people really not wanting to be happy that we won - jesus wept !

holtelower - 14/1/2018 14:27

Bloody hell, do people like to argue for no reason on here or what....

My take on it, and it is MY take so thete is no point having a go at me is that I also eant an "emphatic" victory.

Now that could be 1 0? It could be 5 0 , it could be 6 5 for all I care.

Last night we won 1 0 but is was "emphatic". As we all saw, as did Ch 5 and Sky commentators, we were in total control. Forest never troubled us and if a couple of our players had have been on form it would have been a lot higher score.

Thats emphatic. What I dont really want (although i would take it) is us to be outplayed for 89 mins, Johnstone to be motm but we manage to nick a goal and hold on.

As for the comments from Sill a few pages ago about people really not wanting to be happy that we won - jesus wept !

I enjoy reading your posts HL but reading this suggests you never disagree with anyone else's opinion.......surely the whole point of this forum is to express views and opinions and sometimes that will mean disagreeing with other posters. As long as posts are not offensive, debate is ok isn't it? For you to suggest nobody should disagree with your post is slightly ironic because in the years I've been reading this forum, many of your posts have been very dismissive of other poster's points of view. Your last sentence kind of highlights where I'm coming from.

I’ve seen us throw away 3 goal leads in the past so I’m guessing 3-0 or 4-1 would also be considered a poor result as well then

It’s clear to me that some people are so dead set again Bruce they will come up with any excuse to have a go at him. We got a good result away from home and the some fans only comments are moaning that it wasn’t emphatic enough, maybe 5-0 against Bristol last home game wasn’t emphatic enough. Pathetic support from some.

The funny thing is, David; I suspect that a lot of the anti-Bruce brigade are anti-Bruce because he's fat and ugly. Watch out for the comments about his appearance. They will mention Guardiola and his appearance too as if wearing an expensive suit and a £200 hair cut makes you a better manager.

ASPINALL - 14/1/2018 23:52

Jedinak injured again ? Ffs

I don't want to start a rumour. That's my assumption based on the fact that he didn't even make the bench yesterday but I was asking a question.

No, dont get me wrong, I disagree and argue - but on whether people will be happy with a 1 0 win next week ? - its like the Trump I've got a bigger button than he has debate.

We ALL want Villa to win. The icing on the cake is for us to win in style.

As long as we are next to Arsenal on the "by club" bits on various sites instead of next to Barnsley next August, personally, I don't give a toss how we achieve it.

However, to do that, in the last 19 games, we really need to come away from it thinking "We played bloody well today" , and if we do that, we will have a hell of a lot more of a chance than if we come away thinking "we got lucky today"

Thats all I am saying

"Merd" - 13/1/2018 19:25

CDX_EIRE - 13/1/2018 19:22
Karanke will have worked to get them to sit behind the ball.

Yeah spot on CDX. You are a mystic lol

Cheers Merd haha

Have to say regarding Snodgrass I've not been a massive fan but he has been great for us my only dig really is his lack pace. I have always maintained he is one few in the squad with a quality final ball so he is well suited when we're against a team that digs in.

As far as the actual result goes I agree with Bruce we looked pretty comfortable for the majority of the game bar 15/20 minutes in the first half but we came roaring out the blocks and regained control. The circumstances of the game ruled out anything better than 2-0 I'd like to understand how or why we should have won that 3, 4 or 5 nil.

Langoe66 - 14/1/2018 13:31

McParlandTheGreat - 14/1/2018 13:11

Langoe66 - 14/1/2018 07:55

villasince67 - 13/1/2018 22:43

A win is a win and I will take that, wish the passing was better. Still a win at Forest is a win - I hate Forest. Oh as has been said - nothing but an emphatic win against Barnsley will do, let's live in hope and see.

Why does it have to be an emphatic win 67...? Sorry but just don't get that at all or does it give you something to moan about if we only win 1-0 rather than 4-0? Barnsley got a point against marvellous Wolves yesterday....not exactly 'emphatic' for Wolves! As long as we win next week I couldn't really care less.

It's common sense. 1-0 can very easily become 1-1. Hopefully if we can continue as we are then we'll start putting more distance between us and the opposition.

Common sense? The point made was that nothing less than an emphatic win would do....so that would suggest a 1-0 win is not 'emphatic' enough. 1-0, 4-0 equals 3 points does it not? No bonus points for scoring 3 more goals other than improving goal difference. In my dictionary, that is common sense!

Don't really understand what you're making a fuss about. Surely we all wish for an emphatic win at Barnsley (however you define an emphatic win)? Do you want Barnsley to outplay us and us just scrape a lucky 1-0? Yep at the end of the day a win is a win and we'd all take that. But there is a feeling after the last 3 games that maybe we're starting to put things together as a team and can go on a consistent run. And part of that would be to start winning games by more than 1-0, because if 1-0 is what we're aiming at some of those are going to be 1-1.

BodyButter - 14/1/2018 14:13

Just watched the official highlights. A very solid win away from home.

Great poacher's goal by Hogan.

Is Whelan injured?

Did you see the way he worked the chance BB, losing his marker, then standing still
until the ball had been kicked, making sure he was onside.
If we had players half as sharp as he is, (mentally), he'd outscore Harry Kane every week.
One of the reasons I'd love to see Millwalls Lee Gregory as Hogans partner is they are as sharp as each other. I think the two of them together, with someone like George Thorne or, Nick Powell or even, Bradley Dack behind them and they would terrorise defenders.

Not making a fuss at all McParland, just replying to your posts in the same way you've responded to my initial post. 'Nothing but an emphatic win will do against Barnsley'. That was 67's comment. I disagreed, you commented,I questioned your point about 'common sense', you responded. We're clearly on a different wavelength! I'll leave it at that.

Not totally sure why so many have argued in this thread! lol

I like wins.

:17:

Read more in the forum thread (more adult language): <b><a style='color:#6E001B' href='http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=65542&start=341 ' target="blank">Click Here</a></b>
<br><br>
Match stats: <b><a style='color:#6E001B' href='http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=7524087 ' target="blank">Click Here</a></b>
<br><br>
Fans reactions and a selection of post victory over Nottingham Forest: <b><a style='color:#6E001B' href='http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7524091 ' target="blank">Click Here</a></b>
<br><br>
Player ratings: <b><a style='color:#6E001B' href='http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7524089 ' target="blank">Click Here</a></b>
<br><br>
Bruce post match reactions and the 19 remaining games ‘Cup Finals’.... <b><a style='color:#6E001B' href='http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7524090 ' target="blank">Click Here</a></b>

I didn't see the game but watched the highlights. We won. Thee points in the bag. Clean sheet.
Next.

It was a professional doo dah ironside. If JT's header had gone in, it might well have opened the floodgates. But 1-0 does the trick. Johnson was only really called upon to make one tip top save.

Silhillvilla - 14/1/2018 15:56

I struggle to understand the amount of negativity after a relatively comfortable away win.

I think its a view that 'they're struggling and the game was there to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck'.

Realities of their situation an circumstances of the game don't seem to be taken into account.

Realities being they have a new manager breathing a bit of life into the club and the players are up for it. Circumstances being Aitor Karanka is a defensive manager and a good one too taking over a club on the side who are defensively frail. We found it difficult to break them down but we got our goal and as they pushed out we looked dangerous but they were no threat. Therefore it became a game of concentration not one to throw caution to the wind and seek a second.

So in that respect the game needs to be looked at with context.