Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Page 18 | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

A win is a win and I will take that, wish the passing was better. Still a win at Forest is a win - I hate Forest. Oh as has been said - nothing but an emphatic win against Barnsley will do, let's live in hope and see.

villasince67 - 13/1/2018 22:40

holtelower - 13/1/2018 21:21

You do realise Benteke is on 125,000 pound a week !!!!!

So get rid of the 2 major wasters and job done.
Benteke is a starter for palace so eradicate the notion he's coming here in Jan.
Simply won't happen.

JuanPabloAngel

Was surprised Lansbury wasn't first choice (glad he wasn't..! - have to say that or Melon will give me pelters) but Thor was superb in the role. Hidden gem - hope we don't let him go this window. Has to role to play, definitely.

:17: :18:

Had friends over for afternoon/evening so apart from the odd score check during the match I haven't watched or seen anything other than reading about it from my esteemed vital colleagues.

Although when push comes to shove all I really need to know is the result. Win win win is what's it's all about for me. Performance secondary .

Only tv but thought Albert linked well with Hutton and jack. Thought he made himself available and looks at home on the left because he is two footed.

Stick to my view four of these could have played against Posh and we would have won both games.

Shows Posh a better team than Arsenal u 23’s. and that league is piss poor.
I suspect Bruce’s loans will be experienced because he can’t trust the young players.

Looked good spirit amongst players and great support from the travellers

:1:

Silhillvilla - 13/1/2018 22:51

villasince67 - 13/1/2018 22:40

holtelower - 13/1/2018 21:21

You do realise Benteke is on 125,000 pound a week !!!!!

So get rid of the 2 major wasters and job done.
Benteke is a starter for palace so eradicate the notion he's coming here in Jan.
Simply won't happen.
I actually couldn't care if Benteke came or not [actually never go back] but just to point out he isn't going to be starter for Palace much longer unless he ups his game - so far this season, 17 PL games and 1 goal.

Stick to the point about the wasters though, it could only happen in football, piss poor from the club.

A solid away performance today. We didn’t create too much but we got the goal early on and then managed the game from there.

Snodgrass was fantastic, best I’ve seen him play. I was sat in the Home end on the side Snodgrass was playing on in the second half and the fans around us were giving him so much stick because all of our play was going through him. Then he started winding the Home fans up right in front of us, it was hilarious, he deserved man of the match for that alone

I used to check the scores and then come on here to see how the game went. Nowadays, I check the score first to see if it's safe to venture into 100%.

Fair play to the guy who took his three kids in Villa kit on the top tier of the main stand to our right. At the end of the game they all walked down the front and waved at us while we sang, "We're Aston Villa we sit where we want!" .

villasince67 - 13/1/2018 22:43

A win is a win and I will take that, wish the passing was better. Still a win at Forest is a win - I hate Forest. Oh as has been said - nothing but an emphatic win against Barnsley will do, let's live in hope and see.

Why does it have to be an emphatic win 67...? Sorry but just don't get that at all or does it give you something to moan about if we only win 1-0 rather than 4-0? Barnsley got a point against marvellous Wolves yesterday....not exactly 'emphatic' for Wolves! As long as we win next week I couldn't really care less.

Langoe66 - 14/1/2018 07:55

Why does it have to be an emphatic win 67...? Sorry but just don't get that at all or does it give you something to moan about if we only win 1-0 rather than 4-0? Barnsley got a point against marvellous Wolves yesterday....not exactly 'emphatic' for Wolves! As long as we win next week I couldn't really care less.

Yes . Seem a strange comment to make. I assume anything less than a 5 goal win and there will be calls for Bruce to be sacked.

All hail Agnew, ref moved him from the bench as he wasn't officially meant to be there and apparently he was too involved in instructing the team.

Following today's clash between Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa, here are the instant reactions from both managers.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524088">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I have tried to "like" your comment Langoe 66 but the system isnt working.
I will take 1-0 all day long. In an ideal world 5-0 would happen every week but the result against Bristol was one of those that comes along every now and again. Add into the mix Bristol players having one eye on a Wembley final and you get a result like that. 1-0 was a score that served Arsenal well for many years and I will be a very happy Villa fan if we keep grabbing these three points because those above us are now looking over their shoulders, and Bruce will know that, hes been here before, he knows how it works.

Must be my lap top because ive just tried to like your comment above and it wont work. Thanks
anyway.

It's common sense. 1-0 can very easily become 1-1. Hopefully if we can continue as we are then we'll start putting more distance between us and the opposition.

McParlandTheGreat - 14/1/2018 13:11

It's common sense. 1-0 can very easily become 1-1. Hopefully if we can continue as we are then we'll start putting more distance between us and the opposition.

Common sense? The point made was that nothing less than an emphatic win would do....so that would suggest a 1-0 win is not 'emphatic' enough. 1-0, 4-0 equals 3 points does it not? No bonus points for scoring 3 more goals other than improving goal difference. In my dictionary, that is common sense!