Not Good Enough | Page 3 | Vital Football

Not Good Enough

I am ashamed to say that the results of Blades games can affect me more than they should. A bad result in a key match has been known to ruin a Saturday or even a weekend.

But I am amazed at the negativity on here this morning. If Wednesday had sneaked into 6th spot on ten times our budget they were going to get an open topped cach tour and the freedom of the City.

Here we are virtually guaranteed 3rd spot and still with a fair chance of automatic. Agent Leon may yet score against Leeds on Friday.

A week ago it was in our own hands and it's the hope that kills you - I get that, but with 4 games left it's still all to play for and if the fans negativity reaches the team it won't help.

So let's give an unconditional extra effort for these last 4 games and who knows what can happen?

Come on your red and white wizaaaards!!!!

I am ashamed to say that the results of Blades games can affect me more than they should. A bad result in a key match has been known to ruin a Saturday or even a weekend.

But I am amazed at the negativity on here this morning. If Wednesday had sneaked into 6th spot on ten times our budget they were going to get an open topped cach tour and the freedom of the City.

Here we are virtually guaranteed 3rd spot and still with a fair chance of automatic. Agent Leon may yet score against Leeds on Friday.

A week ago it was in our own hands and it's the hope that kills you - I get that, but with 4 games left it's still all to play for and if the fans negativity reaches the team it won't help.

So let's give an unconditional extra effort for these last 4 games and who knows what can happen?

Good to see some positivity being shown,just like me.:clap:

Great words SJH - I'm about to come back down off suicide watch........got way too upset about it yesterday.

We are still in this - and the fans need to keep on board. I'll be there on Friday cheering them on 100% :yes:...........see you all there (y)

Well a bad night and morning for mrs B has put everything in perspective for me it’s not the end of the world although it felt like it at 5 o’clock yesterday there are much more important things in life to get upset about although at the time it’s all consuming if it’s the play offs then so be it,I’m sure we will do better than in previous yrs and if we don’t we’ll try again next yr

Well a bad night and morning for mrs B has put everything in perspective for me it’s not the end of the world although it felt like it at 5 o’clock yesterday there are much more important things in life to get upset about although at the time it’s all consuming if it’s the play offs then so be it,I’m sure we will do better than in previous yrs and if we don’t we’ll try again next yr
Bang r8 theer Bully,sorry to hear abart your lass mate.I was effin gutted yesdi then i also looked at the bigger picture i've had a death(Mi Uncle) in't family,also family members that are very poorly so yeah it's a game folks,best wishes to all( no matter who they support) if you have folk ya know that aren't well.ALL BLADES AREN'T WI,some of us are TRUE BLADES.:yes: UTCB

Hopefully Billy's injury might not be as bad as we thought, saw him at half marathon run this morning, seemed to be walking ok pushing pram. Prob rest him Friday.
Congrats to anyone who did the run...chuffing bitter chill this morning

Hopefully Billy's injury might not be as bad as we thought, saw him at half marathon run this morning, seemed to be walking ok pushing pram. Prob rest him Friday.
Congrats to anyone who did the run...chuffing bitter chill this morning

Didn't see Billy, but son in law ran the half marathon today in 1:59:40, his best time, so far. We were frozen waiting for him. I wanted a medal and a hypothermia blanket for standing out in it.

Of course, back in the day I used to do a Marathon every day. That was until they changed the name to Snickers.

Bang r8 theer Bully,sorry to hear abart your lass mate.I was effin gutted yesdi then i also looked at the bigger picture i've had a death(Mi Uncle) in't family,also family members that are very poorly so yeah it's a game folks,best wishes to all( no matter who they support) if you have folk ya know that aren't well.ALL BLADES AREN'T WI,some of us are TRUE BLADES.:yes: UTCB

Thoughts with you and Bully.

Sorry to hear of your loss rod bad news seems to be never ending

Used to love marathon bars snickers just don’t seem to taste the same :shrug:

Snickers are better - definitely sweeter than they used to be - part of the overall conspiracy by the large food companies to get us all addicted to sugar. o_O

Hope all is ok today Bully

Cheers bully,mi uncle was in his 90's and i aint seen him for a few years but i was sorry the owd boy has passed away.On a brighter note our U/18's smashed Ipswich away on satdi winnin 4-0,the lad Josh Scott on trial from Hartlepool scored one of em,other goals came from Tom Weaver(2) and Sam Ackroyd.U/18's are at cliffe on Tuesday 2pm ko and againstthe piglets on satdi 11am. UTCB

Last edited:
Didn't see Billy, but son in law ran the half marathon today in 1:59:40, his best time, so far. We were frozen waiting for him. I wanted a medal and a hypothermia blanket for standing out in it.

Of course, back in the day I used to do a Marathon every day. That was until they changed the name to Snickers.
I ran 9 full Marathons and 30 + half marathons in the 1980s. I did the old Sheffield Marathon in 3 hours 6 mins also the 1986 London Marathon in 3 Hours 2 Mins. Not bad for a old Collier ?

Snickers are better - definitely sweeter than they used to be - part of the overall conspiracy by the large food companies to get us all addicted to sugar. o_O

Hope all is ok today Bully
Not really aya hoping everything has settled down a consequence is we both feel like shit now ?

I practiced with my pit boots on running from the Paddy station to the Lamproom at shift end. For races I used Adidas trainers that cost me £70 which was a lot in the 1980s.
£70's still alot nar in't it Charlie?:yes: Last pair i bought from darn moor(JD sports) the lass said £35 i said THA WOT,i'm not offerin to buy your shop.:giggle: UTCB