Not Good Enough | Page 2 | Vital Football

Not Good Enough

How come Leeds haven’t sat back since they scored ?
Difference between autos and play offs keep going for the win
your right bulmer but we just havent got the energy to keep going weve just got a few too many 30 plus year olds in our squad and that needs addressing next season whichever league were in weve just got to go for it in last 4 games and see where it takes us get madine hogan dowell and duffy in same team doesnt matter now if we get beat by 3 or 4 were in play offs at least in a strange way leeds going 3 points ahead might just ease the pressure on us and put a bit more on them

How come Leeds haven’t sat back since they scored ?
Difference between autos and play offs keep going for the win

In CW's post match, he's criticised the team for sitting back. Nerves, pressure, who knows, its an emotional reaction. It doesn't sound like an instruction from the bench.
Should have known the oinkers would be bloody crap. Oh well, its against us now, but not all lost. I shall keep hoping for the best while checking hotels for Wembley...

CW has to take some of the blame, if you want to win the game you don't go to a flat midfield 3. Its all right him blaming the players for playing it around in midfield but with Coutts and Norwood in there and Goldie joining them what does he expect. Madine was on his own and there was a big gap up to the half way line no one was making the runs in between the lines for the last 20 minutes, build up play was so pedestrian.

The only criticism of the players for me is that when we went down to 10 we thought the best tactic was to try and keep it in the corners, it wasn't and that is why we got what we deserved to quote CW's words.

Devastated. play-offs now, rest some of the older players for the last 4 games, get everyone fit for the play-offs.

I'm of the same view we have an opportunity to give our better players a rest so we can go into them fully rested for a change. Still feel we have a good chance of breaking the Wembley hoodoo if we manage the remaining games right. At the beginning of the season I would have been delighted with making the play offs. We can't pass up this opportunity so fringe players getting a game now with Sharp, Bash and Egan out next game. Continue with same approach for Dull game. I don't see Weeds blowing it now.

your right bulmer but we just havent got the energy to keep going weve just got a few too many 30 plus year olds in our squad and that needs addressing next season whichever league were in weve just got to go for it in last 4 games and see where it takes us get madine hogan dowell and duffy in same team doesnt matter now if we get beat by 3 or 4 were in play offs at least in a strange way leeds going 3 points ahead might just ease the pressure on us and put a bit more on them
We didn’t suddenly run out of steam after 50 mins when we scored it was no coincidence up,to that point millwall had hardly been in our last 3rd and we dominated possession as soon as we scored we all dropped back 20 yds started kicking it anywhere and made a team who couldn’t get the ball before the goal look like Barcelona. It’s a state of mind we sat back to defend a lead and failed again Leeds carried on doing what they did before the goal consequently pigs had only 2 attempts on target,damage been done today it’s not over yet but the fat lass is clearing her throat

fuck me beeen saying all this since fuck knows when but ya all never learn. until we have the strength in depth of quality we,ll fall short

Our last two subs didn't help the flow of us being on the backfoot and didn't portray the manager as showing the ambition to add more goals.

Dowell will have been left confused again. He'll have signed expecting to play a part in these sorts of games in his natural position.

Did well to get a point today.:clap: Could have so easily have been a loss that game.

With our slender goal difference superiority,1 point behind or 3 points behind makes no difference really.

Easter weekend games will sort it all out for us.

Defence will look different for sure against Forest.

our form as fucked of just at the wrong moment oh well play offs then heart ache until august its as realistic as that

Our last two subs didn't help the flow of us being on the backfoot and didn't portray the manager as showing the ambition to add more goals.

Dowell will have been left confused again. He'll have signed expecting to play a part in these sorts of games in his natural position.

The substitutions had me scratchin mi head again,i bet NO one expected Madine coming on for Basham,but dropping Goldie into midfield gave us a little bit more nouse,and for a time in the 2nd half we were doing ok and scored an excellent goal.

Its the Billy sub,why not bring on like for like Hogan and keep Goldie in midfield,he was just too knackered to do all that running about as a striker,where he had to go because of Coutts coming on.

BTW Leeds were well worth their win.:tophat:

The substitutions had me scratchin mi head again,i bet NO one expected Madine coming on for Basham,but dropping Goldie into midfield gave us a little bit more nouse,and for a time in the 2nd half we were doing ok and scored an excellent goal.

Its the Billy sub,why not bring on like for like Hogan and keep Goldie in midfield,he was just too knackered to do all that running about as a striker,where he had to go because of Coutts coming on.

BTW Leeds were well worth their win.:tophat:
Norwood also went further forward when Coutts came on. I think the same as you. Like for like when Billy came off would have made more sense.

Wilder seems to have that Clough mentality about him at times. He throws on defenders in last 15-20 minutes and tries to defend a 1-0 lead, and we somehow end up drawing or losing the match. When Billy had to go off he ought to have put on Hogan and just kept attacking them. His formation is set up to attack not defend so why do it?

It could easily be the difference between promotion or another season in the Championship (which, after 6 years in L1 we shouldn't complain too much).

As Blades for Life has just mentioned, we more or less (realistically) now have to win our remaining games. I wouldn't like to think that Leeds are in poll position for automatic before that final game as whilst Ipswich will be ready for L1 football, they arguably have the better fixture than us going to Stoke. Although there is some comfort that we've got Ipswich the week before.

We all watched it unfold
Some of the players played suicide football
The pass that Ollie played for Bash to get injured, was the start
Crazy football at times
UTB