Norwood Transfer Listed in January By Ipswich | Page 2 | Vital Football

Norwood Transfer Listed in January By Ipswich

I'm sure we tried to sign him when he was leaving Tranmere. Not for me - looks like he has rolled out of bed after a heavy night

Comparing apples and oranges. Would have Hopper and a nippy striker over Norwood any day.
Fair play. Yor opinion. I know what Hopper gives us. Surely it's not goals though and I like when my striker knows where the back of the net is .
Norwood does but like a said I wouldn't go for him.
For me Walker was the last proper striker we had.

Maguire was a surprise signing given our remit for recruitment, can't see us doing it again. In Mapp we trust though, if he signs him I'll get behind him. Norburn comes over as being more thick than evil, can't condone drink driving but who can't look back on their younger years and think "I shouldn't have done that".

20 goals (including 4 penalties) in 60 League One career appearances is not a bad record by any means, but not a great one either. The majority of his 163 league goals have come in non-league football - 114 of them to be precise - and he is hardly a spring chicken at 31. He has played 22 minutes in League One this season and has only started one game, in the Papa John's Trophy. He will have no match fitness at all, so a January signing would seem illogical. By the time we get him fit, it will be time to hit the beach.

On the basis that we look for players to improve the team and not the squad, he may add a few goals. But for how long? We are aiming for the Championship eventually, so would he help us to get there? Would it be a good use of our limited budget? Even without the character considerations, is he a good option?

And he has stated his desire to end his career at the club he supports: Eastbourne Town, not even the best team in Eastbourne. He may not be quite ready for that yet, but a move in that direction may be next. As Deeping Imp says, I can see a move to Gillingham happening, with Mr Evans claiming that he has heroically fought off a host of top clubs for his signature because the player recognises the brilliant coaching he will receive...

If that's accurate I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting out his contract at this stage of his career. Unless he gets paid to leave of course.
.... paid to leave? Bloody hell he must be one of those CEO's who's crap at his job and instead of saying 'you're fired' and 'here's a month's pay' (if you're lucky) like most of us would get - they give them a big fat wad of cash for being shite at their job - come the revolution brothers and sisters. I blame Boris and his mates and yes to don't sign Norwood - the guy's a nob :yes:

.... paid to leave? Bloody hell he must be one of those CEO's who's crap at his job and instead of saying 'you're fired' and 'here's a month's pay' (if you're lucky) like most of us would get - they give them a big fat wad of cash for being shite at their job - come the revolution brothers and sisters. I blame Boris and his mates and yes to don't sign Norwood - the guy's a nob :yes:
Yes, there are certain select roles and occupations that seem to benefit not only from sizeable pay offs but then no matter how badly they've performed or no matter the size of the cloud they've left under, they usually walk straight into another highly paid position!