North Korea. | Page 2 | Vital Football

North Korea.

Still finding facts on N Korea. It seems that the last war with the South was never formally over and the North ever since has been preparing to defend itself. Here we go again with the USA. And the rest of us hangers on.
Wish that didn't include us.
Even so feel quite sure that all the talk is a load of crap between two total idiots. Feel sure that all this will come to nothing.

On the other hand just been listening to my favourite band Dire Straites DVD live at Hammersmith Odeon 1983, great stuff. A pity you lads were too young to get into it.
Can't stop my feet moving.

Old Red Fart - 28/9/2017 13:16

Still finding facts on N Korea. It seems that the last war with the South was never formally over and the North ever since has been preparing to defend itself. Here we go again with the USA. And the rest of us hangers on.
Even so feel quite sure that all the talk is a load of crap between two total idiots. Feel sure that all this will come to nothing.

On the other hand just been listening to my favourite band Dire Straites DVD live at Hammersmith Odeon 1983, great stuff. A pity you lads were too young to get into it.

I've spent the day listening to James and Urban Hymns.

Can see I'm losing ground fast here.

James and Urban Hymns, new one on me.

Just watched the video on Stokes, what an idiot. If he gets over here for the Ashes I hate to think how he'll go with the Aussie sledging.

LyttleByLyttle - 28/9/2017 20:25

Old Red Fart - 28/9/2017 13:16

I've spent the day listening to James and Urban Hymns.
A bit bipolar?

ORF, it's two things. James is a cheery, upbeat, popular beat combo, whereas Urban Hymns is a long player by a different band (The Verve) and very much on the melancholy side. Both in my collection from the '90s.
(That's the 1990s.)

Old Red Fart - 29/9/2017 00:54

Can see I'm losing ground fast here.

James and Urban Hymns, new one on me.

Just watched the video on Stokes, what an idiot. If he gets over here for the Ashes I hate to think how he'll go with the Aussie sledging.
Didn't think the Aussies minded a bit of that. Go the biff?

Nowhere near Stokes' first offence either. He's obviously one of these ridiculously talented dickheads. Another flawed genius. Shame.
Mind you, it didn't look like he started it by throwing the first punch. But he definitely ended it.

Might get Stokes out of the way first. From what I saw on TV and have since read it sure looks as though that bottle bit might well have started it but the guy who was on the receiving end at the finish appeared to be a different bloke. I think, not 100% sure. And the fact that the other player with him looked as though he was trying to hold Stokes back wouldn't help his case, and 15 blows in 1 minute doesn't look good.
Over here he gets a good rap as one of the best all rounders going and general opinion is that without him England will be in trouble. Reminds me of Warner and Joe Root with handbags at 10 paces which resulted in Warner missing the first 2 Tests.
Still hope we get to see him again, he's good for the game but has much to learn.

James sounds to be right up my alley. The Verve sort of stuff doesn't get to me, I've tried but no go. This last 2 or 3 years I've got right into the Club sort of music and enjoy a lot of it, probably because I've missed out on the real action at the time.

When I've finished on here tonight I've got Scooter Live in Hamburg lined up. Who said life was dull ?

I dont have an issue with blokes fighting, spent half my life doing it, never actually starting shit, more reacting to it and im as nice a guy as you could know. I mean when its brawls n stuff, lads, certainly don't condone any violence on those not wanting to participate whatsoever.
Its the environment, nurture, maturity, lots of things, doesnt dictate good or evil... :)

Ive prob being quite flippant over North Korea.. perhaps too flippant due to me rationalizing and seeing USA in conflicts very single year for the last 150 years or so, UK in conflict for half that time too so it naturally makes one a bit cynical of the western ways and of course I don't 100% know what the people of North Korea feel about the regime or whether they are truly a threat to us and wonder whether they might well have the rights to have nukes etc, considering other countries have up top literally thousands of them now.

I dont like Trump, how could I... I understand the uninformed wanting change tho, same as I do with the brexiteers who I feel really wanted change as opposed to really wanting a 'brexit' which fundamentally is negative in every sense from a financial and security aspect to the majority of people.

I've known quite a few Americans over the years and have to say that mostly never had a problem. Now and then a loudmouth but learned that for me that's not a problem, in fact it's led to the odd friendship, usually with a laugh.
But as a Govt the boot's on the other foot. and as I've grown older I've learned to despise the way they poke their oar in telling the rest of the world how they're going to help fix whatever the problem may be but often somehow resolving it to their benefit.
With regard to N Korea, initially their involvement was to help repulse the communists from the North who were hoping to unify the two Koreas into one unified country. Didn't work of course and resulted in the South going its separate way but now with the help of much weaponry supplied by the USA.
Oz was also pulled into this much to the disgust of the general population.
I'll repeat again, that war was never officially over and N Korea has been to some extent in a state of flux ever since. And that's not been helped by the USA, S Korea, Japan and Oz doing their bit with war games just off the N. Korea coast. Great help towards peace.
In spite of all the verbal rubbish going on I can't see how a war is going to come out of it.

paz, in my experience punch ups never solved anything. Sometimes harder to avoid at a young age but easier to resolve with a bit of dialogue and sometimes a laugh. It's worked for me now for a number of years, should have thought of it sooner !

Hales was persona non grata at the end of season awards last night, despite winning an award. The players were in strict no comment mode.

Begins to look as though there's more to this than meets the eye LBL and it's not looking good.

Over here Stokes is regarded as a match winner and without him England may well be in trouble. Although Oz will be relying on a 4 man fast bowling attack, one has just dropped out of the complete series with a back problem.

Might even things up a bit. This is not the best team that the Aussies have ever put out.