North Korea. | Vital Football

North Korea.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
England is suffering from the ever lasting threat of terrorists and the threat seems to be confined mainly to Europe and the Middle East although not entirely.
This sort of existing situation probably puts Korea into the background to some extent. But this problem has not gone away and appears to be gathering pace and could well be due to the two idiot belligerents namely Trump and Kim Jong-un constantly prodding each other.
It seems to me to be easy to understand Koreas point of view as the USA in company with South Korea, Japan and Oz persist in carrying out War games off their coast on a regular basis.
This results in N Korea testing even more Hydrogen and nuclear warheads and rockets to the extent now that they're able to reach some of the US Pacific islands including Guam, a big US base.
China and Russia are Koreas biggest neighbours and seem to not want to get involved directly, understandable to some extent but the situation is gathering force and if it's left to these two idiots could be quite a mess.
The fact that we have in Oz the weakest PM and Parliament in years is starting to get to me, this could be deadly serious.

Do you think that Theriza May could advise ? ( excuse spelling )

in_the_top_one - 16/9/2017 08:58

Not replying until this is copied and pasted into the Trump thread.
So there.

Now then itto this is important on this side of/ the world and I'm certain that you would have a worthwhile opinion.

What about it ?

Old Red Fart - 16/9/2017 10:02

in_the_top_one - 16/9/2017 08:58

Not replying until this is copied and pasted into the Trump thread.
So there.

Now then itto this is important on this side of/ the world and I'm certain that you would have a worthwhile opinion.

What about it ?
You know my terms, big guy.

itto you've put me in a right corner now.

I have no idea how to cut and paste. My knowledge of the Internet is confined to booking flights, cheap hotels, and Forest Forum.

And that's the truth !

Ok, you got it (..so long as you are voting YES).

My opinion is that it's all going a bit tits up, Cobber.
Borne of two tossers with giant egos but tiny penises trying to piss highest up the wall with MyMissileIsLongerThanYourMissile tedious fookwittery. And to think that some were defending this monumental dickhead. And some of the same lot were suggesting that HIllary was a war@@@@er who would jeopardise our safety. Deary me.
It comes to something when he's deliberately trying to distract the nation by turning the conversation towards his racism. He thinks he's on safe ground there and, to his core support, he is.

I quite like Kim Jong-un, I think he's a little misunderstood, seems like an alright chap, just got a lot on his plate.

Reminds of a guy I met in Soho back in 2005.

LyttleByLyttle - 25/9/2017 21:28

I quite like Kim Jong-un, I think he's a little misunderstood, seems like an alright chap, just got a lot on his plate.

Reminds of a guy I met in Soho back in 2005.
:19:

Well done itto, you've restored my faith in human nature and of course I voted yes, didn't even need to think about it.
We get a lot of footage of N. Korea on TV here and some of it is quite alarming. Masses of their armed forces goose stepping on the parade ground, reminds me of the old German stuff.
And plenty of shots of Kim and his henchmen all of them with that peculiar fixed smile. And at the same time we read of the lousy standard of living of the population in general. So in a general sense it's hard to know anything much for certain.
The situation at present is that the USA is flying bombers over the sea near the N. Korean coast and in turn Kim is threatening to shoot them down.
And with regard to sanctions, they don't do a proper job.

Trump looks to be well on the way to digging his own grave, and the sooner the better. Think you're right about the core of support he has but it does seem to be getting smaller. And his opposition appears to me to be growing by the minute. His speech at the United Nations did him more harm. Last night I watched on TV shots of the kneeling American sportsmen refusing to stand for their national anthem. Really can't see him lasting much longer.

LBL, you really should have been in Soho in the days when it was interesting and a bit dangerous. Perhaps a bit before your time though.

Yes I believe you but it's all relative. Last time I was there was 1948 in the Army in transit stationed at Woolwich Arsenal on the way to Tripoli.

Feel sure you'll believe me when I say those were the days.

Really was a bit different.

:35:

You're older than I thought! Presumably you were a fairly young recruit at the time?

London has changed. Kings Cross is unrecognisable from 10 years ago let alone 69.

Yes itto I'd just joined up, wanted to see a bit of the world and it worked well for me, 2 or 3 years was long enough.
We've been over here now for 50 years, still living in the same house we built on arrival in Oz. Was back for a few weeks holiday in 1980 and found that there had been too many changes for my liking, nothing major but just enough to put me off. Mind you there's nothing like a decent bit of
Pommy countryside, I still miss that and also the old buildings and the like.
And I'm definitely older than you thought, some parts not quite what they were but luckily for me most of the brain is still active.
:14:

Think what LBL is getting at is that in 69 years most things would have changed, Definitely Soho.

Although 69 is a lifetime for some.

Good job I'm luckier than that !