Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings | Page 5 | Vital Football

Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings

No thanks. Just a matter of a couple of months ago or so I referred to this revered ownership group as "This lot" and was met by replies by many in total support of "This lot" who didn't like the terminology. Most have changed their tune now.
See, you had a vision, you could see through their shit then, so you are the ideal person to see through any further shit they spout.
Come on, tell us you'll give it some thought.

Thought we had nominations.
I'll set up the poll ready for tomorrow morning with the names below and and voting ends Friday 5pm.
JockLatic (he didn't get through his final interview with the Big Screen operator job - thankfully), True Believer , Kenny Morris , Wlatic , KDZ , Frankel Bucks , Grip , Swindonlatic , Moonay , Roy Race , Vince Hill , Phoenix , Zakky , C Latic. *Please advise if you want to opt out of this nomination.
That way we have a consensus so SLOs can be contacted - with the approval of the 2 highest voted posters. Would need their real names which will be kept confidential.

I would attend a future meeting if asked but equally I wouldnt want to take the opportunity from someone else if they said they really wanted it. I think there are a number of posters listed who would do a good job so as long as we have someone invited I'm happy.

I would attend a future meeting if asked but equally I wouldnt want to take the opportunity from someone else if they said they really wanted it. I think there are a number of posters listed who would do a good job so as long as we have someone invited I'm happy.

Well put KDZ.....I'll be voting for u 👍

Well put KDZ.....I'll be voting for u 👍

Sorry double post....

I’m nominating myself:
  • I don’t live in the country
  • I’ve only saw us play twice in 22-23
  • I’ll ignore Zoom/Teams/Skype quite happily
  • Can’t remember my own phone number
  • Filed my tax return late
Oh hang on, I think that means I’m qualified enough to join the Board! Is the CEO role still vacant? I can start on Tuesday. Desk by the window please, milk one sugar.

....... copied the information from post #33. :LOL:

Seriously though NZog, well done on volunteering to contact the SLOs. However, I really don't know why another poll is needed ... do you really think you're going to get more interaction now, than when the shit was hitting the fan a few weeks ago.

Surely, you need to get that invite ASAP, as if any comms are going to happen, it's likely to be fairly soon.

As TB hasn't posted in the thread, it suggests he's not overly motivated by the issue, which leaves Jock as the other nominee with 3 votes, and a number with 2 ..... and if a proper recount was done, (shoddy research NZog), I reckon KDZ would have 4 votes anyway ... so there you are: Jock and KDZ.

Over to you NZog.

You're right mate, I've had my fill of attending meetings over the years and would not want to be considered. Thanks to those who put their faith in me but I would much rather continue the debate online.

My vote goes to KDZ.

At the rate we're going i don't think there will be a meetings with Talal for anyone to attend.

I suspect he may not even step foot in the town again.

The worst part of all of this is the horrible limbo. We all know it's really bad but no one is willing to be honest and tell the truth.

KDZ that's all good, because we have more issues than just the ownership of the club. If we have a few people to get behind as a forum good things may happen!

There really isn't such a thing as truth in business, you just decide who you trust and who you dont.

KDZ that's all good, because we have more issues than just the ownership of the club. If we have a few people to get behind as a forum good things may happen!

There really isn't such a thing as truth in business, you just decide who you trust and who you dont.

I may be just clutching at straws here & if anyone else has other ideas / suggestions then feel free...

Wlatic, how can we go about as a body/ forum into possibly get a spokesperson together to contact the EFL to raise the concerns we have, ask their advice & seek help on ways we can go to try & ensure our club isn't at risk of going into admin / liquidation or minimise any detriment to us. I'm open to a pm or for anyone to suggest anything that may help regardless of how they may feel their suggestions are. Any questions / suggestions are better than none at all.

I may be just clutching at straws here & if anyone else has other ideas / suggestions then feel free...

Wlatic, how can we go about as a body/ forum into possibly get a spokesperson together to contact the EFL to raise the concerns we have, ask their advice & seek help on ways we can go to try & ensure our club isn't at risk of going into admin / liquidation or minimise any detriment to us. I'm open to a pm or for anyone to suggest anything that may help regardless of how they may feel their suggestions are. Any questions / suggestions are better than none at all.

Its pretty much us getting the vote done, deciding on the person / people and that person/people and us hounding the crap outta who ever we want to talk to. It'd be best once the people are nominated that we, as a group, try and set up guidelines that the reps will stick to (no NDAs etc.) and as the reps stick to those they'll build up trust. Pretty much we are in the "If you build it they will come" stage.

I've been reaching out to a few places to try and get a workgroup started, but progress is very slow

Its pretty much us getting the vote done, deciding on the person / people and that person/people and us hounding the crap outta who ever we want to talk to. It'd be best once the people are nominated that we, as a group, try and set up guidelines that the reps will stick to (no NDAs etc.) and as the reps stick to those they'll build up trust. Pretty much we are in the "If you build it they will come" stage.

I've been reaching out to a few places to try and get a workgroup started, but progress is very slow

I'm not on about just setting up a rep for any so called meetings with Talal etc ( personally don't think there will be any more meetings as it seems even the EFL can't get hold of him)...what I mean is possibly a group of people from here getting together & trying to come up with suggestions / formulate a plan on how we go forward incase / prior to our club going tits up.

I think it's the right approach to be proactive for sure. And as frustrated as some of us have been with other Latics supporters organisations I think we've got to be considerate about adding yet another group to the mix.

I think we all realise the club is in serious trouble and we are going to need all of the supporters pulling in the same direction working for a common goal. I'm very mindful that at the moment it feels like the fan base is fractured, if we end up in a situation where we need the fan base to raise funds, protest or hold the owners accountable in some way we probably have a lot less chance if we are divided.

I don't have the answers but I saw an interesting thread someone wrote on Twitter that probably has some good suggestions.