Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings | Page 4 | Vital Football

Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings

In the context of what we're discussing, I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here.

Seriously Jock, either you, N'Zog, KDZ, MiW, No6, Oooooo, or any one of a number of others could quite easily ask for a place at the table for Vital in the event of any future comms sessions with Talal (or anyone on the board ... or even the Manager).

Someone just has to make the first move, instead of waiting for some other bugger to do so.

It's really that simple.

PS ... I still don't get that point ... not do I understand why you think me a hypocrite, but hey ho.

Are you suffering some sort of medical episode? I’m not being glib when I say that, I’m saying it out of concern, as reading numerous threads this evening on the same topic you’re coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick.

Are you suffering some sort of medical episode? I’m not being glib when I say that, I’m saying it out of concern, as reading numerous threads this evening on the same topic you’re coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick.

Any condescension is purely in the eye of the reader ... it's not meant like that. I'm just being straight ... though I can understand that posters who don't like being told stuff they don't want to hear have to find some kind of deflection opportunity. (I'm sure that this para could be perceived as being condescending also).

As for hypocrisy, where? Jock made the same allegation, and yet hasn't shown any. The only slagging off I've done is in the direction of those criticising, and yet not getting off their own arse to do summat. Jock accused me of slagging off folk for proposing to do stuff ... but he was wrong .....that wasn't me.

Edit - No offence taken by the way with "you're coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick" ... I get that's completely different to you're coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick.

Any condescension is purely in the eye of the reader ... it's not meant like that. I'm just being straight ... though I can understand that posters who don't like being told stuff they don't want to hear have to find some kind of deflection opportunity. (I'm sure that this para could be perceived as being condescending also).

As for hypocrisy, where? Jock made the same allegation, and yet hasn't shown any. The only slagging off I've done is in the direction of those criticising, and yet not getting off their own arse to do summat. Jock accused me of slagging off folk for proposing to do stuff ... but he was wrong .....that wasn't me.

Edit - No offence taken by the way with "you're coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick" ... I get that's completely different to you're coming across as a condescending hypocritical prick.

Take whatever offence you like. Thread after thread you’re acting as a one man support act for several supporter groups and jumping to their defence whenever anyone criticises them for their efforts - then criticising that person for their effort or lack of. If that’s not hypocrisy I’m not sure what is.

Take whatever offence you like. Thread after thread you’re acting as a one man support act for several supporter groups and jumping to their defence whenever anyone criticises them for their efforts - then criticising that person for their effort or lack of. If that’s not hypocrisy I’m not sure what is.

I don't want to give you the definition of hypocrisy, as I'll only be accused of being sanctimonious and condescending again .... but what you've said above (in italics) is definitely not it. ....... oh, and I was only critical of any lack of effort.

All I asked is that someone off here who believes Vital deserves to be represented in these comms sessions/calls to do summat about it rather than just persistently whinge that we've no seat ... or obviously, alternatively, just stop the whinging.

No hypocrisy there.

I don't want to give you the definition of hypocrisy, as I'll only be accused of being sanctimonious and condescending again .... but what you've said above (in italics) is definitely not it. ....... oh, and I was only critical of any lack of effort.

All I asked is that someone off here who believes Vital deserves to be represented in these comms sessions/calls to do summat about it rather than just persistently whinge that we've no seat ... or obviously, alternatively, just stop the whinging.

No hypocrisy there.

You missed the prick bit out - along with the sanctimonious and condescending. But yeah it’s total hypocrisy- moaning about people moaning about others.

No hypocrisy there.
Just out of curiosity - when the SLO or SC asked you to be in the initial meeting why didn't you inform them that you could ask for volunteers from this board? I take it that they don't want "unsuitable" person(s) but you could pm "suitable" person(s) and ask them if they wish to attend. You could then inform the SLO or SC - give them the username so they can assess suitability.
If I'm not mistaken you only "came out" after much "moaning" (your word) on this board.

You missed the prick bit out - along with the sanctimonious and condescending. But yeah it’s total hypocrisy- moaning about people moaning about others.

Those moaning about the lack of comms from other groups, and the lack of representation from here can do summat about it themselves, but so far have chosen not to.

What would you suggest I do instead of moaning about those moaning.

That's why it's not hypocrisy.

By the way ... I didn't miss out the prick ... you responded. :tophat:

(Sorry, but you left that one on a plate).

Just out of curiosity - when the SLO or SC asked you to be in the initial meeting why didn't you inform them that you could ask for volunteers from this board? I take it that they don't want "unsuitable" person(s) but you could pm "suitable" person(s) and ask them if they wish to attend. You could then inform the SLO or SC - give them the username so they can assess suitability.
If I'm not mistaken you only "came out" after much "moaning" (your word) on this board.

I'm fairly certain - in fact I'm sure - that I've posted on here that I not only suggested they ask others on here, but I also gave them a couple of suggestions. However, they wanted actual names (not forum names) but I didn't know them, as I don't recall either poster ever publicising them.

I did however offer a couple of other suggestions of posters whose names I do know. I can't help it if those people weren't contacted ... or weren't contacted in time.

You're giving me a lot of work to do there NZog .... why the hell should I do all of that? You're right though, I did only "come out" after the moaning on here ... but I'm not really sure why that's an issue.

Remember ... ping one of the SLOs .... suggest this site needs representation ... volunteer to do it .... why on earth would they turn anyone down? It's up to you to take the initiative.

Those moaning about the lack of comms from other groups, and the lack of representation from here can do summat about it themselves, but so far have chosen not to.

What would you suggest I do instead of moaning about those moaning.

That's why it's not hypocrisy.

By the way ... I didn't miss out the prick ... you responded. :tophat:

(Sorry, but you left that one on a plate).

It’s total hypocrisy and you know it. However you’ll no doubt try and wriggle out of it all night, so crack on and fill your boots. I’ll leave you to it.

It’s total hypocrisy and you know it. However you’ll no doubt try and wriggle out of it all night, so crack on and fill your boots. I’ll leave you to it.

No point ... if you can answer my question (re what would you suggest I do), then I'll concede it may be hypocrisy ... but if you can't (and you can't), then it's impossible for it to be.

With whats happened does anyone else wanna vote to put people forward?

If not we can turn this into a poll to see if we can come up with some sort of representation. I'd just ignore Moonay, this must be seen as a threat to his beloved WASC and it cant be nice to see people doing things in full view of the public!

I'm fairly certain - in fact I'm sure - that I've posted on here that I not only suggested they ask others on here, but I also gave them a couple of suggestions. However, they wanted actual names (not forum names) but I didn't know them, as I don't recall either poster ever publicising them.

Weird that they couldn't reach out to people to ask if they wanted to be involved. WASC / SLO definitely have my details as they were given them by the administrators when they were acting on the administration's behalf to stop a creditor meeting from taking place.

If not we can turn this into a poll to see if we can come up with some sort of representation. I'd just ignore Moonay, this must be seen as a threat to his beloved WASC and it cant be nice to see people doing things in full view of the public!

Weird that they couldn't reach out to people to ask if they wanted to be involved. WASC / SLO definitely have my details as they were given them by the administrators when they were acting on the administration's behalf to stop a creditor meeting from taking place.
So "I got off my arse" and did some research and these are the nominations so far :
JockLatic III (if he hasn't got the Big Screen operator job 😉), True Believer III, Kenny Morris II, Wlatic II, KDZ II, Frankel Bucks I, Grip I, Swindonlatic I, Moonay I, Roy Race I, Vince Hill I, Phoenix I, Zakky I, C Latic I
Has anyone on here set up a poll? If so can you please volunteer to set up one. We can set closing date as this Friday, then write to the SLO with top 2 names requesting that they be our reps at meetings with the Chairman. I'm sure the SLO would want to vet them for suitability.
So can someone set up a poll and I don't mind contacting the SLO.
Thanks WLatic for starting this thread.

You can have as many meeting as you want You won’t get the correct answers. Because you will never be able to ask the the owner.

Reactions: GSM
For what it's worth Nzog...I didn't get the big screen operator job but got to the 2nd stage interview ( using the remote control 😉)....joking aside & having re read the posts again on this thread I do think one of either KDZ of TB would be ideal given their articulated posts they tend to give...that's of we are wanted or given the opportunity to attend any other sort of meetings...

If not we can turn this into a poll to see if we can come up with some sort of representation.

At this rate, it might be sorted by the end of next season! :LOL:

I'd just ignore Moonay, this must be seen as a threat to his beloved WASC and it cant be nice to see people doing things in full view of the public!

I bet they're shitting their pants.

Maybe read between the lines Wlatic ... I think you may have answered your own question. :rolleyes:

So "I got off my arse" and .......... .

....... copied the information from post #33. :LOL:

Seriously though NZog, well done on volunteering to contact the SLOs. However, I really don't know why another poll is needed ... do you really think you're going to get more interaction now, than when the shit was hitting the fan a few weeks ago.

Surely, you need to get that invite ASAP, as if any comms are going to happen, it's likely to be fairly soon.

As TB hasn't posted in the thread, it suggests he's not overly motivated by the issue, which leaves Jock as the other nominee with 3 votes, and a number with 2 ..... and if a proper recount was done, (shoddy research NZog), I reckon KDZ would have 4 votes anyway ... so there you are: Jock and KDZ.

Over to you NZog.

At this rate, it might be sorted by the end of next season! :LOL:

I bet they're shitting their pants.

Maybe read between the lines Wlatic ... I think you may have answered your own question. :rolleyes:
I think they were/are worried I had/have my own money to put down!

Nzog we should set a hard cut off for nominations, say end of the week and then have a poll open for a set time.

I think they were/are worried I had/have my own money to put down!

Nzog we should set a hard cut off for nominations, say end of the week and then have a poll open for a set time.
Thought we had nominations.
I'll set up the poll ready for tomorrow morning with the names below and and voting ends Friday 5pm.
JockLatic (he didn't get through his final interview with the Big Screen operator job - thankfully), True Believer , Kenny Morris , Wlatic , KDZ , Frankel Bucks , Grip , Swindonlatic , Moonay , Roy Race , Vince Hill , Phoenix , Zakky , C Latic. *Please advise if you want to opt out of this nomination.
That way we have a consensus so SLOs can be contacted - with the approval of the 2 highest voted posters. Would need their real names which will be kept confidential.

Last edited:
Thought we had nominations.
I'll set up the poll ready for tomorrow morning with the names below and and voting ends Friday 5pm.
JockLatic (he didn't get through his final interview with the Big Screen operator job - thankfully), True Believer , Kenny Morris , Wlatic , KDZ , Frankel Bucks , Grip , Swindonlatic , Moonay , Roy Race , Vince Hill , Phoenix , Zakky , C Latic. *Please advise if you want to opt out of this nomination.
That way we have a consensus so SLOs can be contacted - with the approval of the 2 highest voted posters. Would need their real names which will be kept confidential.
We do, it's just good to have a hard cut off so people can't say they were gonna nominate and then missed out.