Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings | Page 3 | Vital Football

Nominations / Self-Nominations for future "Super-fan" meetings

The Club has to 'Open' up to more Fans and not just
a small group of people, who are proficient on Social Media.

If the Club wants to 'Embrace' and 'Involve' the Fans,
they have to Include them with what's going on at the Club.

The Club has to reach out to them and not just rely on a few fans
who are proficient on Social Media to spread the 'news' about
what's going on at the Club.

To be fair to the club Springy, it's literally impossible for the club to "embrace and involve" all supporters in a face to face way. That's why they use those who they know can get the message out to lots of others.

Let's face it, in terms of knowing what went on, as all of the accounts from those who attended have been pasted on here, we've hardly missed out through having no rep of our own.

As for getting our questions asked, I personally posted links to where two attendees were asking what questions fans wanted answering.

I think the club's reach was fine ... but that's just my opinion.

For what it's worth, my nominations would be any of:
KDZ - articulate and intelligent (and has youth on his side if it's a late night meeting 😊 )
TB - also articulate and intelligent and often offers an alternative perspective.
C_Latic - dripping in cynicism, abrasive and confrontational, but also often bang on the money.

Reading posts from various social media sources I think it is the SLOs and SC that decided who was invited. The Club needs to employ a proper fans engagement person.

I thought our only high profile fan was Mikhail Gorbachev? Although I agree there are some fantastic candidates here (you asked some great questions during admin, Wlatic), but in all honesty I think we got the info from the meeting pretty quickly and from some reliable sources. I'm not sure what someone from this board would bring to improve the speed of comms from the meeting

I thought our only high profile fan was Mikhail Gorbachev? Although I agree there are some fantastic candidates here (you asked some great questions during admin, Wlatic), but in all honesty I think we got the info from the meeting pretty quickly and from some reliable sources. I'm not sure what someone from this board would bring to improve the speed of comms from the meeting

I think it's just a case of if we had a member of the board there we could provide them with a list of our questions to ask and get them answered.

As a board rather than a writer, website, podcast, committee we probably have the broadest spectrum of views accross the user base so you will probably get some different questions asked.

WLatic, as you started the thread, have you made any decisions or spoke to any members about being a board representative or even spoke to anyone to see if a representative is allowed, needed or even wanted.

I am sure if a full vote is taken and the name of our chosen representative is forwarded to one of the SLO's, our request would be taken seriously.

If nothing else the SLO's would have a point of contact on here, and visa versa, we would have someone to officially hound for answers when needed.

The chosen person should however in my mind loose their anonymity and make themselves fully known to the board to be able to represent us.

WLatic, as you started the thread, have you made any decisions or spoke to any members about being a board representative or even spoke to anyone to see if a representative is allowed, needed or even wanted.

I am sure if a full vote is taken and the name of our chosen representative is forwarded to one of the SLO's, our request would be taken seriously.

If nothing else the SLO's would have a point of contact on here, and visa versa, we would have someone to officially hound for answers when needed.

The chosen person should however in my mind loose their anonymity and make themselves fully known to the board to be able to represent us.

We've always had very mixed results getting anything back from SLO/WASC on the board and I agree it'd be great to have representation. Rather than reach out at this stage it'd be best to do the vote and then have the chosen reaching out to let SLOs know that's what they are doing.

They reached out to at least 1 member on the board, it just may have been the wrong one. I disagree on the anonymity, not sure what that would achieve, all we are hoping is to have questions answered and actual feedback. In addition WASC are fully public and that has not worked out well for a huge group of fans/those who donated money.

... so, still lots of whinging about other groups getting invited to participate on phone calls, and yet bugger all action taken from this board to actively request a place at the table.

I suppose it's far easier to carry on being outraged by not being communicated to by others, rather than actually take the responsibility of doing summat about it.

:shrug:

... so, still lots of whinging about other groups getting invited to participate on phone calls, and yet bugger all action taken from this board to actively request a place at the table.

I suppose it's far easier to carry on being outraged by not being communicated to by others, rather than actually take the responsibility of doing summat about it.

:shrug:

So you've done the sum total of f@ck all bit decide to resurrect a thread that's had bugger all posts for over a month.....talk about shit stirring.

I suppose it's far easier for you to carry being outraged about people doing nothing....hypocrisy of the highest order

So you've done the sum total of f@ck all bit decide to resurrect a thread that's had bugger all posts for over a month.....talk about shit stirring.

I suppose it's far easier for you to carry being outraged about people doing nothing....hypocrisy of the highest order

Hahahahaha. Yep. You're right. It's ME who's done the sum total of feck all. Hahaha.

Many on here were so pissed off about no-one from the board going to the sit down meeting with Talal that you went to the extent of trying to elect reps. However, (as might be expected) no-one could be arsed to do anything about it. So, when the recent call with Talal was held, Vital still weren't on the invite list, cos no-one had made any effort whatsoever to get an invite ... yet you're all still whinging about not being represented.

I resurrected this thread simply to highlight the fact that you've (general, not personal) no-one to blame except yourselves.

At least buy your own Andrex !

Hahahahaha. Yep. You're right. It's ME who's done the sum total of feck all. Hahaha.

Many on here were so pissed off about no-one from the board going to the sit down meeting with Talal that you went to the extent of trying to elect reps. However, (as might be expected) no-one could be arsed to do anything about it. So, when the recent call with Talal was held, Vital still weren't on the invite list, cos no-one had made any effort whatsoever to get an invite ... yet you're all still whinging about not being represented.

I resurrected this thread simply to highlight the fact that you've (general, not personal) no-one to blame except yourselves.

At least buy your own Andrex !

No u didn't resurrect this thread to highlight anything other than to shit stir....u sir are nothing other than the definition of do as I say not as I do....total hypocrite.

My own Andrew is most definitely bought by myself....other tissues are available btw

...u sir are nothing other than the definition of do as I say not as I do....total hypocrite.

In the context of what we're discussing, I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here.

Seriously Jock, either you, N'Zog, KDZ, MiW, No6, Oooooo, or any one of a number of others could quite easily ask for a place at the table for Vital in the event of any future comms sessions with Talal (or anyone on the board ... or even the Manager).

Someone just has to make the first move, instead of waiting for some other bugger to do so.

It's really that simple.

PS ... I still don't get that point ... not do I understand why you think me a hypocrite, but hey ho.