No new striker then | Vital Football

No new striker then

Geordieracer69

Vital Squad Member
Pardew talking up Cisse in the press - he's only a few weeks away from a return to training and he's confident that he can get back in the goals.

“I think with Papiss that there’s a possibility that he could score a lot of goals in this team so I wouldn’t write him off by any stretch of the imagination. He’s about two weeks away from training so he’s not far away, something that seems to have been forgotten.

The last part of that sentance is telling and clearly aimed at those that are pointing out the obvious need for a proven striker, and probably tells them that it won't be happening.

I'm no doctor but I reckon the cure for a misfiring stiker is not a long lay off with a broken knee cap.

Getting Cisse back fit is like a new signing, can see him coming back Steve Austin style.
Amazing what this surgeons can do nowadays , it will be like having shearer back on speed

“I think with Papiss that there’s a possibility that he could score a lot of goals in this team so I wouldn’t write him off by any stretch of the imagination. He’s about two weeks away from training so he’s not far away, something that seems to have been forgotten.

Was that a quote from pardew?

"something that seems to have been forgotten."
Yes a Pardew quote which means "this is our new striker".
How he can say he will score a lot of goals after such a serious injury and an abysmal last season is beyond me. Putting pressure on him straight away.
Man management is something Pinocchio has never heard of.

what gets me is the use of "I think with Papiss that there’s a possibility that he could score a lot of goals in this team so I wouldn’t write him off by any stretch of the imagination"

if there's one scenraio you should maybe embelish the truth and try to big somebody up is when you have a low in confidence striker returning as what seems your only option for the season ahead and you're his manager.

I wouldn't write him off just yet is not a great way to start - Cisse must be chomping at the bit to go with that amount of faith in him.

also this (if true) http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-make-fresh-enquiry-7681843

so basically we've approved 2 bids (one or the other) for strikers who have already expressed a wish to either stay where they are or not come to Newcastle so we have no chance in getting them - a very thinly veiled attempt to blow smoke out of their arses to keep press / fans happy with a pathetic "well we tried" message after the window shuts.

Ashley would shit himself if either said yes - it's pathetic things like this that makes me cheer for the other side whenever we play these days and i hate myself for doing it and them for making me want to do it.

The old tactic of making "bids" for players who have no interest in coming here. Why don't they just go the whole hog and say they've made "bids" for Messi and Ronaldo ? Pricks.

Not only that, but it's taken til 3 days before the end of the transfer window for fatty to 'approve' a bid?! Bullshit.

It is all bullshit.

People shouldn't lose focus on why Pardew is here, which is the sole purpose of allowing Ashley to get away with using the football club to better his tat brand.

The TV money and increased portion of it plus the transfer kitty from this window and others that normal clubs would have available are yet again untouched but Pardew's and other cronies have the attention of the mongoloid brigade that spins the propaganda.

We wont be signing an established striker and i'll be surprised if we add the defender we already needed before Mbiwa leaves on loan. Ashley's NUFC has form for taking a chance and it'll be taken again.

Once Pardew's trump card is played then all of this will be forgotten. Expect the card to be played on Tuesday.

#Ben Arfa

Harry's Boy - 29/8/2014 10:36

Remy? Just asking, like, Toon. Hope in following The Toon is now a thing of the past.

Remy is the smokescreen that keeps on giving to the Wonga brigade.

Once that ship sails, their 'tantrum' will be appeased by the return of Benny. He'll be like yet another new signing and Pardew will say that as well.

We've got Chucky to look forward to too. The bloke who can't oust a 3rd rate French ****** who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Remy just turned us down lol.
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/remy-rejects-move-after-newcastle-table-bid

The club know for a fact that Remy doesn't want to come, that's why they are pretending to bid. We've been through this loads of times before.

Expect a 'last minute' increased offer to be announced in the media as well before Pardew gets wheeled out on Tuesday to say 'we ran out of time on other targets but that Cisse is a couple of weeks away and we're not as light as what we fink'

Ben Arfa will be the meat to the lions.