Next Week | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next Week

It's now a 3-horse race with max possible points as follows:

LCFC 105
TRFC 100
FGR 96

Tranmere and Forest Green have to play each other so cannot both obtain their maximum.

I would sleep easier if Tranmere drop some points at Wrexham on Saturday (I think they'll beat Dover).

I think looking at the run in and games left for me Tranmere are now the much bigger threat by quite a way! We only have 1 game and two points advantage over them.

On paper I think they have the easier run in as well. I really think we need Dover to take points off them tomorrow. I can see them easily winning at Wrexham and really the only difficult games they have left are FGR and Aldershot which are both at home.

Interesting we've all got to play Maidstone and Southport, both struggling at bottom. Surely by the time we play Southport they'll be doomed tho

Thanks Luke. FGR's away games at Tranmere, Guiseley and York could see them dropping points, although i expect them to win the rest.

Wrexham, FGR and Aldershot look the toughest for Tranmere, although Guiseley and Maidstone could (hopefully) cause problems. I now expect Tranmere to beat FGR, but the best result would obviously be a draw.

Maidstone away is also one I wouldn't want us to have to win (and i certainly wouldn't want to need to win our last game, especially if Southport need to win to stay up!). In fact I am hoping we can be in a position to not need more than 3 points from our last three games.

Waynaldo - 27/3/2017 11:06

Interesting we've all got to play Maidstone and Southport, both struggling at bottom. Surely by the time we play Southport they'll be doomed tho

However I have just looked and Maidstone are currently top of the form table won 4 and drawn 2 of there last six.

I think Tranmere certainly have the best run in. We just need to keep winning our games though and there is nothing they can do.

Lads must be fired up for Sutton. Something of a grudge match given how they behaved down the bank. I'd guess Woody is hoping to be fit! Would like to see Anderson start, players with pace should thrive on 3G.

I think the only thing you can predict for certain is that its fairly pointless trying to make predictions! There will be plenty of twists and turns yet - just look at the last few days. Doom and gloom Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and by Saturday afternoon we're back to being world beaters.

MaineRoad_96 - 27/3/2017 11:41

I think the only thing you can predict for certain is that its fairly pointless trying to make predictions! There will be plenty of twists and turns yet - just look at the last few days. Doom and gloom Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and by Saturday afternoon we're back to being world beaters.

Only three certainties in life - death, taxes and changes.

We will drop points, as should others. But we have a strong club - players, management and supporters - and the desire and skills to win this league.

We can do it!!

Onward!!

It most certainly is ours to lose. Let's see where we are at after tomorrow's round of fixtures. I honestly believe that we will win and that Ricky Miller will do us a massive favour at Prenton Park. Don't forget, a win for Dover would seriously improve their play-off chances and put them just four points behind Tranmere and, perhaps more importantly, into fourth place. I know Tranmere would still have a game in hand over Dover but it's all about pressure and how to handle it. We are in pole position and we have the ability to handle as much pressure as they want to throw at us, thanks to the marvellous FA Cup run and numerous league battles (FGR x 2 wins + Tranmere x 2 wins to name but four games!)

I've had a play. I've given Tranmere and FGR decent performances, and us a defeat(Sutton). I put us ahead of Tranmere by 2 points at the end of the season, but we will have won the league before the last game. Yes they are by far the biggest threat at this stage.

FGR - 7 Games 5 wins 2 draws = 17 points + 75 = 92 points
NFU (h) 4-1
Guiseley (a) 2-0
Tranmere (a) 1-1
Chester (h) 2-1
Southoprt (a) 1-1
Maidstone (h) 3-0
York (a) 2-1

Lincoln - 10 Games 7 wins, 2 draws 1 defeat = 23 points +75 = 98 points
Sutton (a) 0-1
Bromley (h) 4-0
Dagenham (h) 2-1
Eastleigh (a) 1-1
Chester (h) 3-1
Torquay (h) 2-0
Gateshead (a) 2-1
Macclesfield (h) 2-0
Maidstone (a) 2-1
Southport (a) 1-1

Tranmere - 9 Games 7 wins 2 draws = 23 points +73 = 96 points
Dover (h) 2-0
Wrexham (a) 1-1
Sutton (h) 3-0
Solihull (h) 3-1
FGR (h) 1-1
Aldershot (h) 2-0
Guiseley (a) 1-0
Southport (h) 3-0
Maidstone (a) 1-0

I like to keep 1 eye on this http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/league/predicted has us winning on GD from Tranmere - in terms of results it has us drawing tomorrow and Tranmere winning.

Not that I take much from it in isolation - but interesting to see how it changes after each round of fixtures.

Clearly Tranmere are the dangers and although they have a slightly easier run in than we do I can certainly see Aldershot, Dover and Maidstone doing us a favour. For me Aldershot are the best team I've seen this season and I'm glad we have them out of the way.
As for our fixtures my main concern is Sutton tomorrow, especially if it turns into a battle, along with the Gateshead Eastleigh and Maidstone games.
That said this league has shown all season just how difficult it is to predict, we have done the double over FGR and Tranmere yet lost to Guisley when they were bottom and really struggled recently against York. So as people have said all to play for, no gimmies in this league...

Luke Imp - 27/3/2017 10:58

FGR - 7 Games
NFU (h)
Guiseley (a)
Tranmere (a)
Chester (h)
Southoprt (a)
Maidstone (h)
York (a)

Lincoln - 10 Games
Sutton (a)
Bromley (h)