Next season - What New law would you like | Page 3 | Vital Football

Next season - What New law would you like

"I would expect both management teams to be involved in the assessment"

I can see the film trailer now "In a world full of bad ideas, this was the worst.."

Yes, god forbid that managers should be involved in improving the officiating in our game. After all its not like a really poor ref can have an influence on a managers or players career is it?
Out of interest why shouldn't the assessment of the officials be more democratic and transparent?

Yes, god forbid that managers should be involved in improving the officiating in our game. After all its not like a really poor ref can have an influence on a managers or players career is it?
Out of interest why shouldn't the assessment of the officials be more democratic and transparent?

I would say it's the managers who have almost singlehandedly given the impression that the officiating needs improving to deflect from their own and their teams shortcomings (Mark Hughes I'm looking at you). A study of over 4000 offside decisions in the premier league found an error rate of 17.5%. Given the hugely marginal nature of many of these calls that's pretty good. It's certainly a much higher rate of success than the likes of Hughes, Pardew, Allardyce or any of the others who serially complain about refs performances on a regular basis.

Edit to say, I'm all for transparent, but asking managers to judge a referees performance isn't transparency it's a license to whinge.

I would say it's the managers who have almost singlehandedly given the impression that the officiating needs improving to deflect from their own and their teams shortcomings (Mark Hughes I'm looking at you). A study of over 4000 offside decisions in the premier league found an error rate of 17.5%. Given the hugely marginal nature of many of these calls that's pretty good. It's certainly a much higher rate of success than the likes of Hughes, Pardew, Allardyce or any of the others who serially complain about refs performances on a regular basis.

Edit to say, I'm all for transparent, but asking managers to judge a referees performance isn't transparency it's a license to whinge.

Is that 4,000 marginal decisions or 4,000 decisions in general?

No yellow cards for celebrating a goal with your own fans/taking your shirt off.

GK's must be taken from the side it goes out of player, like corners.

Ice hockey style clock which is only on display to the official time keeper, with the match reduced to an actual 35 mins. each way i.e. when the ball is in play.

This would be great idea and end the frustration to great degree of time wasting because they would have to play it around! I apply this to us as well!

We sometimes go to watch Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey and I really love the idea of a game clock when the puck is actually in play.

Wycombe would be completely shafted wouldn't they!!

surprised its as high as 17%...very few shocking off side calls in the premier league these days. League 2 not so sure.

surprised its as high as 17%...very few shocking off side calls in the premier league these days. League 2 not so sure.

Agreed, in my opinion the percentage is because of the number of marginal decisions which are much harder to call correctly without the benefit of multiple slowmo tv replays

Thankfully it doesn’t happen much if at all in our league but a 3 match ban for anybody talking with their hand over their mouth - no-one gives a stuff what you’re saying you self-centred gobsh1te!