Next PM? | Page 10 | Vital Football

Next PM?

The next week will be interesting, since the polls came out saying Penny Mordaunt was most popular with the members the dirty tricks have started, they are desperate she doesn't reach the last 2.

Reactions: PuB
The demand has been caused by the population explosion during the Labour years.
1990 57 million
2021 67 million
It’s quite obvious that services would suffer, all of them.
Had the Tories not been obsessed with ‘austerity’ the problem could have been less severe but the elephant in the room was uncontrolled immigration .
Blair has that to answer to.
We now need a massive expansion of all services which the average guy doesn’t want to pay for.
I was going to do a long answer to this but suffice to say, reread jogills' answer.

Perhaps, with your 'logic' if we went back to the pre war population of about 36m we would have no problems in health funding or housing shortage. Oh, hang on.....

Really surprised at the tosh you came up with there Shotshy.

I was going to do a long answer to this but suffice to say, reread jogills' answer.

Perhaps, with your 'logic' if we went back to the pre war population of about 36m we would have no problems in health funding or housing shortage. Oh, hang on.....

So, what’s an acceptable population of the U.K.?
Another 10 million?
How about round it up to 100 million.
Limited resources dictates a limited population.
Immigrants also get old and sick.
You globalists seem to think that it can just go up and up.
The U.K. is gaining about a million every three years at the moment.
Personally, I think that’s too much for the system as it is.
Maybe a political party can stand on high taxation for high services as they have in Scandinavia.
40% income tax starting rate?
That’ll please the youngsters.

Another 10 million?
Maybe a political party can stand on high taxation for high services as they have in Scandinavia.
Would love the Scandanavian system, thanks.

Edit. I didn't realise I was a Globalist, whatever one of those is. I get the impression that it is meant as some kind of insult as I've heard the phrase used by some Berexit supporters when trying to justify themselves.

Last edited:
Another 10 million?
That's the thing most European migrants came here to work paid our taxes and a lot plan to return home after a period in this country as proved by the post Brexit exit.Meanwhile a lot of non European migrants do come here for family reasons and are more likely to stay .So purely economically the European migrants almost certainly boosted our economy.It is more likely that someone moving much longer distances will lose ties with their original home while European migrants can return home more cheaply and regularly.

Not so Chris.
That’s a myth.
Of the 3 million Eu nationals that the government thought were residing in the U.K., 6 million have registered for permanent status.
That’s not my opinion, that’s a mathematical fact.
So, how can any government plan for the future when they have no idea who they are planning for.
That’s not a knock on this government.
The same would apply no matter who was in charge.
Then there is the estimated million who live undocumented and under the radar.
I have absolutely no confidence that any of the chancers going for PM can solve this problem, but no matter what others think or say, over population is a problem.
Quart into pint pot comes to mind.

Example
A town has a hospital built for a population of 150k
Ten years on, the population has grown to 250k.
How on earth can it cope.
Logic dictates to build a new hospital to cope with the increase.
Does the government do that.
Nope.
They add a couple of portacabins.
Similar with schools.
Do we blame the government for not building enough or for allowing too many people in?
In my experience, as soon as any government tries to improve infrastructure, the objections flood in.
We can’t have it both ways.

Last edited:
😂😂😂😂
100 million it is then 👍
Probably lead to a total collapse of regular society but then you don’t use any facilities so it wouldn’t make any difference.
I’m guessing you’ve never needed education for your children or use the NHS or have need of housing or needed any other facilities that your tax money goes towards paying for.

Not so Chris.
That’s a myth.
Of the 3 million Eu nationals that the government thought were residing in the U.K., 6 million have registered for permanent status

Hopefully Chris who will come back with evidence of some sort to refute this, and back up his claim that Europeans come to work and then go home (that's not my observation from looking around East London where I work a couple of days a week.

Agree with what you are saying - the NHS is a "pot" that people pay in to in case they, or other people get sick. If people take money out that haven't paid in, it starts falling down, that's just common sense.

Hopefully Chris who will come back with evidence of some sort to refute this, and back up his claim that Europeans come to work and then go home (that's not my observation from looking around East London where I work a couple of days a week.

Agree with what you are saying - the NHS is a "pot" that people pay in to in case they, or other people get sick. If people take money out that haven't paid in, it starts falling down, that's just common sense.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....~:text=In 2019, 70% of the,Pakistan, and EU-2.

For me, too much under developed countryside in this Country, put some F*** concrete on it. When you go out into it, most of it only stinks of pigs shit and the rest is inhabited by a bunch of inbreeds.

For me, too much under developed countryside in this Country, put some F*** concrete on it. When you go out into it, most of it only stinks of pigs shit and the rest is inhabited by a bunch of inbreeds.
Pigs need not stink.We have a few pig farms near me none of them stink the pigs are kept clean .The important difference appears to be farmers look after the livestock .The only problem I have had with foul smells comes from human stink at a nearby sewage farm that I cycle past and chicken farms that I occasionally pass .Chickens are unnaturally kept in tiny areas indoors. Not surprisingly those area stink.So I would argue that it is our unnaturally keeping animals and birds inside or without enough space .There is enough space for humans if the have's didn't grab most of it there would be plenty to go around.

Pigs need not stink.We have a few pig farms near me none of them stink the pigs are kept clean .The important difference appears to be farmers look after the livestock .The only problem I have had with foul smells comes from human stink at a nearby sewage farm that I cycle past and chicken farms that I occasionally pass .Chickens are unnaturally kept in tiny areas indoors. Not surprisingly those area stink.So I would argue that it is our unnaturally keeping animals and birds inside or without enough space .There is enough space for humans if the have's didn't grab most of it there would be plenty to go around.
You need a smallholding 🙂

Had migration not occurred our workforce would be smaller still and our population would be older and sicker. The elephants in the room are legion but years of poor productivity and an austerity programme following a worldwide recession are smashing up the forest. Meanwhile the tories are governing in a time of increasing migration, beating all sorts of records. Coincidentally they are bringing in people from further afield than Blair did. Wait and see how many arrive from India and China over the coming years without thinking of those driven by climate and economics.

If you want a country with low imnmigration and low population growth then look at Japan and it's persistent economic problems.
Why does "population older and sicker" necessarily return as an answer "more people" ?
What is the cost of all those extra people - especially housing ?
(And what about Saving the Planet ?:oops:)

Why doesn't the answer include:
- later retirement ?
( believe Jean Luc Picard was still Captain of the Enterprise at 70)
- reallocation of jobs within the existing population ?
- variation in working hours / days ?

(How on earth do countries with net-emigration cope ??)

What exactly are Japan's "persistent economic problems" ?

Low "growth"
A statistic presented as equivalent to impoverishment ?

Surely Japan has showed that what matters is GDP per person...
....along with efficiency gains (tech, robots etc). i.e. more bang for their Yen.
AFAIK, Japanese seem a generally content bunch.:oops:

I think Jerry is wrong on there being no important differences between the major political parties, but he is right in the sense that the differences between them are small. They certainly do not justify us getting as steamed as we sometimes do on here, unless you support one of the parties like a football team, or think our whole way of living is misguided. The former might be fun, the latter leaves nothing to say but to keep repeating first principles -it’s the capitalists; it’s the Muslims- in which, rightly or wrongly, hardly anyone else is interested.

If your answer to "health funding and housing shortage" is:
a) The Ponzi scheme of having more and more people to pay for the previous "subscribers"

b) Resolving a housing shortage by having more and more people....

....how can we have a reasonable debate ?