Next PM? | Page 9 | Vital Football

Next PM?

From jogills
"Not unrelatedly, I see Bob Dylan is coming to the UK again to give a series of concerts."

Re Dylan, I hear he's banned mobile phones from his gigs. Brilliant.
Even in the small gigs with Tribute bands that I go to, I have to watch through a sea of mobile phones. Effing annoying.

Got to love Ms Truss, a former Lib Dem republican, then a remainer Tory under Call me Dave, now a proud Brextremist.

Consistency.

TBF regarding the one family point, she didn't say whether she thought that a good or bad thing, leastways not in the clip.

I thought Starmer had a good evening -quiet, understated presence and no mistakes that I could detect.

TBF regarding the one family point, she didn't say whether she thought that a good or bad thing, leastways not in the clip.

I thought Starmer had a good evening -quiet, understated presence and no mistakes that I could detect.

Sir Keir probably had a great evening, maybe with a nice curry too.

I set that to record as I was watching the England game but I will catch up with it later.

Mourdant said a lot of words without actually saying anything. I was disappointed with her. She was also hung out to dry a little by Badenoch (who did ok but nothing spectacular)

Tudendhat reminds me a little of Rory Stewart from last time. Actually has some morals and truthfulness about him. He’ll probably go next because of that. When Krisnan asked “is Johnson trustworthy” we got deflection and piffle from the other 4, but a flat No from him.

The confidence they both spoke with, pretty much shows me that Truss and Sunak will probably be the final 2. The 2 that have been most complicit with the shitshow and lies from number 10 for the past 2 years.
Words fail me.

I was at a match.Saw à bit on news at ten ITV.
They seemed to think that Tugendhat won the debate and Truss lost. Her connections with Boris will go against her with MPs judging on the fact none of them were willing to say anything in defence of Boris Johnson.

Wtf is going on in this country? Just heard an interview with the head of the College of Paramedics and the crisis in the Health Service after years of underfunding. One example is the fact that in April there were 3 cases of people spending over 24 hours in an ambulance waiting to be seen in hospital because of high demand.

Then we have the Tory candidates and some of our media going on about massive tax cuts and some imaginary threat from a "woke war" and trans people (some on here too).

I worry about global warming, our economy and our public services. Amazingly enough I don't lie awake at night fretting over the prospect of my wife or daughter being raped by someone pretending to be a woman in women's toilets or changing rooms.

The internals of the tories are overwhelming, they literally cannot address anything without reference to factions, red lines, invented divisions and you know what. I'm not gloating because it's hard to see how we get out of this spiral and the next six months could be explosive.

I didn't watch it as I wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes off Penny. I'd take her out anyday off the week, steak meal guaranteed xx
I agree that she is more eye candy than the rest, however, I wonder if her outstanding credentials will be enough to continue to stand out from the pack or keep her abreast with the others though.

Wtf is going on in this country? Just heard an interview with the head of the College of Paramedics and the crisis in the Health Service after years of underfunding. One example is the fact that in April there were 3 cases of people spending over 24 hours in an ambulance waiting to be seen in hospital because of high demand.

Then we have the Tory candidates and some of our media going on about massive tax cuts and some imaginary threat from a "woke war" and trans people (some on here too).

I worry about global warming, our economy and our public services. Amazingly enough I don't lie awake at night fretting over the prospect of my wife or daughter being raped by someone pretending to be a woman in women's toilets or changing rooms.
The demand has been caused by the population explosion during the Labour years.
1990 57 million
2021 67 million
It’s quite obvious that services would suffer, all of them.
Had the Tories not been obsessed with ‘austerity’ the problem could have been less severe but the elephant in the room was uncontrolled immigration .
Blair has that to answer to.
We now need a massive expansion of all services which the average guy doesn’t want to pay for.

The demand has been caused by the population explosion during the Labour years.
1990 57 million
2021 67 million
It’s quite obvious that services would suffer, all of them.
Had the Tories not been obsessed with ‘austerity’ the problem could have been less severe but the elephant in the room was uncontrolled immigration .
Blair has that to answer to.
We now need a massive expansion of all services which the average guy doesn’t want to pay for.

Had migration not occurred our workforce would be smaller still and our population would be older and sicker. The elephants in the room are legion but years of poor productivity and an austerity programme following a worldwide recession are smashing up the forest. Meanwhile the tories are governing in a time of increasing migration, beating all sorts of records. Coincidentally they are bringing in people from further afield than Blair did. Wait and see how many arrive from India and China over the coming years without thinking of those driven by climate and economics.

If you want a country with low imnmigration and low population growth then look at Japan and it's persistent economic problems.

People always think other people should pay for their services. It's just how it is.

The scary thing for the people on here who can't stand the Tories is the betting odds for a Tory majority at the next election are 2.88. For Labour is 5.0

Labour have been a shambles at having more substance beyond being anti-Tory.

Minority governments are 4.0 for each.