Next Manager Thread | Page 78 | Vital Football

Next Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we can poach Rodgers. He knows the league, gets the culture and has experience.

Not as flashy, but probably less risk and still a good appoitnment

are you joking.,he would be jumping out of the frying pan into a slurry tank dont think anyone wants it, i would gve it to youngy, nothing to lose ,seanie

Are we really in that much danger?
The general consensus is our players are better than they've been performing, if played to their strengths. It's only October, we're 3 points off 13th and this ludicrous World Cup might well prove to be our saviour, giving any new appointment plenty of breathing room.

This is a weird season that'll now work in our favour so I don't think it's panic stations just yet.
Hope the board have really been having in-depth discussions with the leading candidates for several weeks so everyone knows what they're getting into. IF so, and they're all happy, then IMHO Poch is the one.

But I'd be happy with any of Rodgers, Emery or Tim.

No i don't think we're in real danger now that SG has gone.

Last edited:
Hope the board have really been having in-depth discussions with the leading candidates for several weeks so everyone knows what they're getting into. IF so, and they're all happy, then IMHO Poch is the leading candidate.

But I'd be happy with any of Rodgers, Emery or Tim.

They have surely known for a few weeks that they might have to get rid. I'd be shocked if they'd not made a few enquiries beforehand.

He's actually 6 months younger than Ashley Young and thus 6 months younger than me!

I'm not ready for a Villa manager younger than me. I had a hard enough time realising during the promotion season that even Jedinak was younger than me.

It reminds me of the appointment the dingles made with the guy they've just got rid of.

They have surely known for a few weeks that they might have to get rid. I'd be shocked if they'd not made a few enquiries beforehand.
I really hope they have, for many reasons & add to them that Leeds will no doubt be looking for a new manager very soon as well.

Rodgers looks like a guy that needs a long holiday and break from football.

He looks tired.

Also I'm certain the last time we appointed a manager from a team bottom of the league we got relegated that same season. Billy McNeil I think. Or Billy Mcbingo as my dad still calls him.

He looks tired.

Also I'm certain the last time we appointed a manager from a team bottom of the league we got relegated that same season. Billy McNeil I think. Or Billy Mcbingo as my dad still calls him.
didn't thy sack McNeill before the end of the season ? pretty sure someone else took us down ?

didn't thy sack McNeill before the end of the season ? pretty sure someone else took us down ?

No idea. Before my time. From what I gather we appointed him when we were in serious part way through the season. He'd been at a club that were in the relegation zone as well. Then both us and whoever he'd been at before went down.

Just checked. He quit Man City who were bottom to come to us then toojus down. According to his Wikipedia page anyway. Says he stood down after the end of the season to make way for Graham Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.