Next Manager Thread | Vital Football

Next Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
It looks like the crowd has turned. Despite more expensive signings, we are still the same meek team we have been since February.

So who do you want in?

Personally, I want Poch. I think he'd be perfect for our club and where we are at, especially with the young players. I know it's a tough ask but he'd be worth pushing the boat out for.

If Poch won't come, Potter probably would. We could wait for Newcastle to find someone more glamorous than Eddie Howe but I don't think I have the patience for that.

Anyone else? Who do you want?

Blimey, Vital Villa has turned into Twitter , even Deano got 10 games into the season .
The funny thing is though the very people who were saying we should judge Deano on his whole season with us are now the ones judging SG on his last 12 games.

I made no secret of the fact that I didn't think SG had the experience to manage us in the PL but come on lads we aren't sacking SG after 1 game
We'd be the laughing stock of football, you know the way we all laugh at Watford and Man Utd .

Once Gerrard has won everything and moved on to manage Liverpool I think our next manager will be John McGinn who will have done all his badges by then and had a couple of seasons managing celtic.

Blimey, Vital Villa has turned into Twitter , even Deano got 10 games into the season .
The funny thing is though the very people who were saying we should judge Deano on his whole season with us are now the ones judging SG on his last 12 games.

I made no secret of the fact that I didn't think SG had the experience to manage us in the PL but come on lads we aren't sacking SG after 1 game
We'd be the laughing stock of football, you know the way we all laugh at Watford and Man Utd .

I think a fair few have turned, a lot more never really wanted him in the first place and didn't need much convincing that he isn't the messiah (he's a very naughty boy).

I'll be honest and say that I gave Smith way more leeway than Gerrard but Smith had gotten promotion, survival and a solid mid table finish before the wheels truly came off so from my perspective he'd earned some loyalty.

Gerrard walked into a mid table premier league team. Added a few high class signings at great cost and we're no better from what I can see. We have a lot of decent premier league players in this squad and a fair few better than that. We have probably our strongest squad since Houllier was in charge yet we still don't look like we know how we're meant to play.

I'm at the stage where I'm not 100% Gerrard out but if he went I wouldn't be bothered one bit. Poch for me. Give him whatever he wants to get him.

He has had 9 months here with a remit to improve us. He is doing worse than Smith when you consider the quality signed for him. That plus his increasingly arrogant and abrasive attribute means a lot of fans are starting to turn.

I think a fair few have turned, a lot more never really wanted him in the first place and didn't need much convincing that he isn't the messiah (he's a very naughty boy).

I'll be honest and say that I gave Smith way more leeway than Gerrard but Smith had gotten promotion, survival and a solid mid table finish before the wheels truly came off so from my perspective he'd earned some loyalty.

Gerrard walked into a mid table premier league team. Added a few high class signings at great cost and we're no better from what I can see. We have a lot of decent premier league players in this squad and a fair few better than that. We have probably our strongest squad since Houllier was in charge yet we still don't look like we know how we're meant to play.

I'm at the stage where I'm not 100% Gerrard out but if he went I wouldn't be bothered one bit. Poch for me. Give him whatever he wants to get him.
Well, at least Poch could speak to our south Americans. I'm not a fan of him either winning the French league is like winning in Scotland with the Rangers.
I suppose he did well at spurs without winning anything and he did well at Southampton but we aren't Southampton.
It's all academic as Gerrad isn't going anywhere for losing the first game or dropping Mings which seems to have become a bigger issue than losing to Bournemouth on here

He has had 9 months here with a remit to improve us. He is doing worse than Smith when you consider the quality signed for him. That plus his increasingly arrogant and abrasive attribute means a lot of fans are starting to turn.

I don't disagree mate but we aren't sacking a manager after one game are we? I get that it is a run of 2 wins in 12 games and those two teams were relegated.

We've employed a media darling sacking him after what the world will see as one game won't win us many friends or encourage a new man to want to come.
We are stuck with him until the World cup break, then we can sack him quietly whilst everyone is preoccupied with the WC, or he might have turned it round

Of course he isn’t going anywhere yet. But many of us have seen all this before and know the drill.

As I said yesterday there will be the odd win and draw that tick it over but the overall picture will be poor form because apart from the new manager bounce that is what we have had from this novice, inexperienced ‘name’.

If you think SG is going to turn this overall poor style, form , tactics etc around I would love to hear how you see this happening. We all know and have seen before that managers are the most belligerent of people and they just keep with their particular philosophy. Well SG’s philosophy just doesn’t work so in my view what we are looking at needing is something rare from a football manager i.e rip it up and start again, not in terms of players but approach to the game set up and tactics. Our squad really is not as bad as it would appear . This situation is 100 percent on SG. And in heart of hearts does anyone really see this and anything other than a slow painful stumble on until end of October or more likely November.

I would get rid now and try for Poch . Whether he will come I have no idea , odds against but worth a try.,

Of course he isn’t going anywhere yet. But many of us have seen all this before and know the drill.

As I said yesterday there will be the odd win and draw that tick it over but the overall picture will be poor form because apart from the new manager bounce that is what we have had from this novice, inexperienced ‘name’.

If you think SG is going to turn this overall poor style, form , tactics etc around I would love to hear how you see this happening. We all know and have seen before that managers are the most belligerent of people and they just keep with their particular philosophy. Well SG’s philosophy just doesn’t work so in my view what we are looking at needing is something rare from a football manager i.e rip it up and start again, not in terms of players but approach to the game set up and tactics. Our squad really is not as bad as it would appear . This situation is 100 percent on SG. And in heart of hearts does anyone really see this and anything other than a slow painful stumble on until end of October or more likely November.

I would get rid now and try for Poch . Whether he will come I have no idea , odds against but worth a try.,

Like I said I don't disagree, he's a fake he struts about like a peacock and just like a peacock, it's all show. We are effectively being coached by an ex-Blackpool manager in Critchley who didn't even make the trip to Australia because the usleless fecker had let his passport expire or whatever. The club is in danger of meltdown , that's before we get started on the net spend for the last 3 window being next to Zero

That would have been my choice when Deano went but the PlayStation generation wanted SG, I and a couple of others were heavily out numbers
I don't think anyone really wanted SG other than Purslow , but people went along with it . Re Potter I'm not sure he'd come here at the moment either ?? If Gerrard can get 4 points or more from the next 2 games he can ride this out , 3 games after that look nailed on defeats , then there's a run of games where we should be getting points. But if we lose Saturday it looks bleak

NSWE should sound Poch out , if he'd come pull the trigger immediately. Need a replacement lined up really before you fire the manager . Hopefully they are already considering and working on a Plan B

I don't think anyone really wanted SG other than Purslow , but people went along with it . Re Potter I'm not sure he'd come here at the moment either ?? If Gerrard can get 4 points or more from the next 2 games he can ride this out , 3 games after that look nailed on defeats , then there's a run of games where we should be getting points. But if we lose Saturday it looks bleak

Yes there is always a team that starts badly and long term never recovers, then I suppose there is the Arsenal from last season who lost the 1st four we all thought Arteta was a goner but he's still a gunner. So there is hope .

Status
Not open for further replies.