Next Manager Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting one. I'm never for pulling the trigger so soon into the season, but like others I'm definitely being turned unless he gets his shit together. Lack of desire, excuses, same old media crap. Mings situation was handles incredibly bad, TM isn't everyones favourite player but he is a player I feel we need in the dressing room. I was disappointed to see him dropped to the bench. Also got this shite football that we're playing. The constant overlooking of arguably our best player in Emi2 really pisses me off and has done since he came in. Players being kept in the team when they are being bypassed in games showing little to no effort.

I dont know the list goes on and I would love for things to change. I just cant see it at the moment, its like he still has NO clue who to play etc.

Ok whinge now over!

As a side note its funny how we all laughed at Newcastle for getting in Eddie Howe, proving to be a bit of a masterstroke at the moment. For me Potter would be great, Poch wont come here he'll wait for a chumps league team. Nobody else really stands out in the crowd that would realistically come to Villa.

• This is the Vote after Deano was sacked, so 13 of you are excluded from this one!
  • Fonseca
    Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Potter
    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Terry
    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Gerrard
    Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Zidane
    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Frank
    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hassenhutl
    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Lampard
    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Mellberg
    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Bruce
    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Allardyce
  • Henry
  • Nuno
    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Villas-Boas
    Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Delaney
  • Low
    Votes: 11 15.7%

As a side note its funny how we all laughed at Newcastle for getting in Eddie Howe, proving to be a bit of a masterstroke at the moment. For me Potter would be great, Poch wont come here he'll wait for a chumps league team. Nobody else really stands out in the crowd that would realistically come to Villa.

We don’t necessarily need someone who stands out from the crowd. Other clubs are able to find ‘their’ man . We need the board to do their job and not go with their heart/flight of fancy like they did with SG. They did it with Smith. They have it in them

It's an interesting one. I'm never for pulling the trigger so soon into the season, but like others I'm definitely being turned unless he gets his shit together. Lack of desire, excuses, same old media crap. Mings situation was handles incredibly bad, TM isn't everyones favourite player but he is a player I feel we need in the dressing room. I was disappointed to see him dropped to the bench. Also got this shite football that we're playing. The constant overlooking of arguably our best player in Emi2 really pisses me off and has done since he came in. Players being kept in the team when they are being bypassed in games showing little to no effort.

I dont know the list goes on and I would love for things to change. I just cant see it at the moment, its like he still has NO clue who to play etc.

Ok whinge now over!

I actually think he knows who to play but because "we" don't agree with a couple of places he's suddenly an idiot.
Every manager picks players we don't like, just a couple of weeks ago there was a feeling the team picked it's self.
For instance Mings Watkins Luiz have had loads of stick and loads of calls for them to be dropped/replaced . As soon as he does it it's wrong and all the people who thought they were the best thing since sliced bread get on his case for it.
Truth is we were still losing with them in the team.

We have a very decent squad compared to the best of the rest and it's his tactic or style that is the problem the players are better than Bournemoth have all of them, we wouldn't want any of their players would we?

Personally I think Gerrard did stand out as a good candidate at the time. A leader and winner for Liverpool on the pitch and showed his potential as a manager at Rangers winning them the league after a number of years. Sometimes you’ve gotta take a bit of a chance on a younger manager because you’re not always gonna get the best, experienced ones out there and hope it works out. It’s too early to pull the trigger but having stood (And eventually ended up sitting) through that on Saturday I am concerned.

Realistically would Poch come here ?

Under normal circumstances no. But there are no top jobs available. The big 3 in Spain all have managers going nowhere atm. Bayern have Nagelsmann who isn't going anywhere. In the Premier league Utd have just hired a new coach. Conte is at Spurs and isn't going anywhere. Would Arsenal want him with the Spurs connection. Tuchel is going nowhere. Obviously Pep and Klopp aren't budging. Even the new oil tossers have just extended Howes contract.

Only option I can see that would be possibly more attractive than us in terms of profile, money available and wage is the big 3 i Italy. I'm not sure of the situations at Juve, Inter or Milan but Milan won the league last season so presumably they're happy enough with whoevers there.

What are you all going to say if we beat Everton and beat them well? By all means criticise Gerrard but this is a brainless thread and does Vital Villa no credit at all.

It's not just the debacle on Saturday though is it? Do you really feel we are making any progress under this manager?

What’s funny about top flight football these days is that it’s far too soon to be calling for his head, however by mid-September we could all be calling for his head and the board might have acted. We have tough games coming up, losing respectfully to Man City but not getting anything from West Ham or Soton at home won’t cut it for me.

As much as Gerrard has annoyed me with the performance but more his comments following it, I think this thread is a bit silly and engaging with the idea of replacing him anytime soon is going to end in disappointment.

He's not going to be sacked after 1 game, we all know that.

I am willing to give him a handful more games, 3 or 4, but unless there's massive improvement and we see the "identity" etc. then we need to accept this was an idiotic appointment.

What are you all going to say if we beat Everton and beat them well? By all means criticise Gerrard but this is a brainless thread and does Vital Villa no credit at all.

Ahhh. Didums, c'mon mate this thread is as valid as any other. It's just a discussion that if it was taking place in a pub no one would bat an eyelid . Bit flaky if you ask me because its on social media init. Don't want to discuss then don't read the thread , it's quite simple.

And in answer to your question. Which I did earlier in the thread tbh. It would hopefully be the start of proving (quite a few now) wrong. But that is all a start. His 9 months in charge have shown that we can win the odd game or put 2 or 3 together but no more. Winning against Everton, we will only know the context if we then go on to produce some form of consistency.

There is nothing wrong with talking the next boss if that is projected/wanted to be next week, next month or next year.

There’s an international break mid September by which time we would have played 8 games. I still think that is a little early to get rid, but at least by then we’ll have a better idea of which way our season is tracking.

Way too soon!! If any other club gave their manager the boot this quick we’d all be taking the piss out of them.
There was an element who never wanted him in the first place and I’d say they make up 99% of people calling for him to go.

99% - not true.
So how do you explain the likes of SD who are now calling for his head.

And irs 9 months btw, not 1 game that he is being judged on now. And that judging is not solely by those on here. As I said Saturday the likes of BBC and SSN are now highlighting the form. And further since various other media outlets.

The good thing now is we have a structure where the Head coach can just be replaced by another coach and everything is tickety boo.
So if the current head coach (who doesn't actually coach) and the assistant from Blackpool, with the dodgy passport, who does coach are to be booted it's a simple matter of new coaches, who may or not coach, rocking up.
Simple innit. #Villa engine #fiveyearplan

We're happy enough to sign 'better' players to replace current players. Getting better coaches should be much the same.

Has he gone yet ?

Last edited:
It is too early for him to go but we need to start seeing patterns of play on the field. So far I've seen none.

And as for calling for Mings, Watkins and Luiz to be dropped if you read back I've always been one of the people who would stick up for them as I don't think they are the problem.

99% - not true.
So how do you explain the likes of SD who are now calling for his head.

And irs 9 months btw, not 1 game that he is being judged on now. And that judging is not solely by those on here. As I said Saturday the likes of BBC and SSN are now highlighting the form. And further since various other media outlets.

Yup. Saturday was a defining moment for me. Having constantly being told that he needed his team , a pre season etc etc I was expecting at least some improvement on some of last seasons performances. If playing together every day for a month or so produces a performance like Saturdays then how is it going to change in a week , 2 weeks or a month. I don't see any way out of this except to make a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.