Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 20 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Murphey was always Murph, Keith Alexander was always Big Keith, Scofield was always Scoey and Sutton was always something I can't repeat on this group! I don't think it's anything new not to use their full complete name? Even in the PL, Guardiola is always "Pep" whilst Klopp seems always to be "Klopp".
And MK's hairstyle always made him look a bit like refugee from a bygone era so it is fitting that he is named after the initials on his tracksuit

It will be between the first three in my view.

And Tom Shaw is not odds-on without reason.

I would say he's odds on because he's the only confirmed runner (and even then its a bit of an assumption that he's interested in the role but not an unreasonable one).

From seeing post match stuff at Fleetwood, and how the players reacted towards Tom Shaw and Chris Cohen, they should be given a decent run of games. I would personally give them the job to end of season at the least. Shaw knows and loves the club, and I've no doubt these players will give their all for him.
I know its early season, but another change after their experiences of Kennedy
for me would be no good whatsoever, we should keep the above two.
"If it ain't broke now don't fix it". It appears its already done.

Come on Boys.

May as well stick Iffy Onoura on there, any other manager ever been spotted at Lincoln in the stands, if so put them on there as well. Basically turn our next managerial appointment into a special episode takeshis castle winner is the new boss.

My thoughts too , looks like someone has looked literally read this thread and took the names from.

Are people really suggesting that we give the job to a head coach, who at max will have managed 4 league games? Even if we keep winning and tonight will be quite the test, I just cant see the sense. This in not anti Shaw, who appears to be equipping himself well but it is far too small a sample and therefore far too risky. He also did not cover himself in glory at Trinity. What he is probably doing is cementing some kind of position long term, but head coach, surely fanciful?

Are people really suggesting that we give the job to a head coach, who at max will have managed 4 league games? Even if we keep winning and tonight will be quite the test, I just cant see the sense. This in not anti Shaw, who appears to be equipping himself well but it is far too small a sample and therefore far too risky. He also did not cover himself in glory at Trinity. What he is probably doing is cementing some kind of position long term, but head coach, surely fanciful?
[it is a big] if shaw keeps winning, it takes the pressure off getting a new fella in. The Board can afford to be more leisurely with the third/fourth interviews.
Tonight and Oxford are the results to base shaw‘s credibility on. Have said from the start he looks like a decent coach to keep as part of the set up. I would be more concerned about keeping Scott friar, the fella responsible for set pieces, although we did score from one in the first post-mk regime game.
Just a thought, maybe the players AND the other support coaching staff were frustrated under mk + ‘butters’
interesting times, our season has needed a boost for weeks.

[it is a big] if shaw keeps winning, it takes the pressure off getting a new fella in. The Board can afford to be more leisurely with the third/fourth interviews.
Tonight and Oxford are the results to base shaw‘s credibility on. Have said from the start he looks like a decent coach to keep as part of the set up. I would be more concerned about keeping Scott friar, the fella responsible for set pieces, although we did score from one in the first post-mk regime game.
Just a thought, maybe the players AND the other support coaching staff were frustrated under mk + ‘butters’
interesting times, our season has needed a boost for weeks.

To be fair to Scott Fry he is the goalkeeper coach so perhaps not exactly a round peg in a round hole. I heard Tom Shaw make mention of his name after the Fleetwood win as being 'mad' on set pieces and made some suggestions. That didn't come across as he's the one who had always set them up prior to this and if a goalkeeper coach was indeed doing that before Saturday, it'd be a concern

From seeing post match stuff at Fleetwood, and how the players reacted towards Tom Shaw and Chris Cohen, they should be given a decent run of games. I would personally give them the job to end of season at the least. Shaw knows and loves the club, and I've no doubt these players will give their all for him.
I know its early season, but another change after their experiences of Kennedy
for me would be no good whatsoever, we should keep the above two.
"If it ain't broke now don't fix it". It appears its already done.

Come on Boys.
We aren't in the National League anymore. The club now operates on a far higher level than you obviously realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.