Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 19 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny is now evens favourute for Bradford job so might not be available.
So one person placed a bet....

If Clive or Liam still has Danny or Nicky on speed dial, that may be misguided information and the Brothers may be biding their time to allow other options to play out.

Mid season appointments at least mean there is less competition.

The idea that we need someone with L1 experience really limits ourselves to the same, often limited and recycled list of managers. Ange Postecoglou had no EPL experience, and the leagues he managed arguably contrasted more with the Prem than the Irish league does to L1.... spurs are seemingly reaping the rewards of an inspired appointment. It is not without risk, but is possibly the best chance of appointing a manager that can push us to the next level.

Last edited:
I do wonder if it might be someone with Championship experience, or just go with the ‘up & coming’ model again 🤔

One important factor regarding the Cowley's is their relationship with Clive. If they didn't leave on the best of terms he may be reluctant to have them back. He wouldn't want lightning to strike twice to the Club's detriment.
I thought of that. But if not the case and Clive was happy to collect the ‘transfer fee’ as some have previously reported, there shouldn’t be a problem.

We just have to back the board and the new manager they bring in. The Board will pick who they think will be the right man. But nobody has a magic wand and many a manager who has a success record has gone on to fail in subsequent posts. It is always a gamble .
But with the basis of a good squad here now and with a transfer window coming up and players hopefully returning from injury there is every possibility the new manager will be a success.

Gareth Ainsworth previously a potential contender is under some pressure at Championship QPR. QPR fans surprised he is still in post this week! Any thoughts as to whether this old flame maybe reignited?

Gareth Ainsworth previously a potential contender is under some pressure at Championship QPR. QPR fans surprised he is still in post this week! Any thoughts as to whether this old flame maybe reignited?

I hope not and I doubt very much the board will go from their model of developing young players to the club being the retirement home for ex prem and championship players.

The Stacey West guest blogger was interesting this afternoon and a good read as usual, through gritted teeth he would have DC/NC back . He might know something is going on who knows , but see if anyone we know is spotted tomorrow night.

Last edited:
No ta, anyway if he goes from QPR he can spend time with his skiffle group beat combo!

Can you imagine going to one of his gigs? 4 songs in an hour's set and 10 minute breaks in between them!!
At least three of the band would also pick up ghost injuries during that set and would need lengthy attention from a physio.

I don't care who the next manager is I just want them to be referred to by their full name rather than initials. Just read loads of threads and honestly lost track of the MK's TS's MA's DD's FA's to remember who did what and when and to who

Colin Murphey was always Murph, Keith Alexander was always Big Keith, Scofield was always Scoey and Sutton was always something I can't repeat on this group! I don't think it's anything new not to use their full complete name? Even in the PL, Guardiola is always "Pep" whilst Klopp seems always to be "Klopp".

Status
Not open for further replies.