Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 40 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Cook is currently having an okay season I guess
Agree. Albeit at Chesterfield which is non-league football and with by far the biggest budget in that league now Wrexham & Notts County have gone. And of course..... he might have another good No 2.

Wasn't he Paul Cook's No 2 for quite a while? Or am I mistaking him with someone else? If so, the he was quietly credited with being the biggest reason for their success, including at least two promotions and was sponsible for much of the coaching and style of play.

Ref: his time at Wigan then sometimes you have to adapt and adopt a style of play based on the players you have, so if strong & direct is the way, then so be it.

Fair to say Paul Cook has had little or no success since that partnership broke up. Not saying I want him as the next Lincoln manager, but feel he is possibly being unfairly labelled and written off.
I can genuinely see no reason why he would get it. I am often wrong, though.

So Danny Cowley was all set to be appointed by Bradford City this week when he did a u-turn at the last minute.
I'm bitterly disappointed in him and for him. I thought it was the perfect opportunity for the Cowleys.
I fully expect him to return to Sincil Bank within days.

Cowley might be priced at 25/1 there, but maybe Colchester is appealing to them for family reasons? A pair of Essex boys managing an Essex team with easy access to London so that his daughter can continue to train with Chelsea?

Cowley might be priced at 25/1 there, but maybe Colchester is appealing to them for family reasons? A pair of Essex boys managing an Essex team with easy access to London so that his daughter can continue to train with Chelsea?
From what I can gather both families moved to Portsmouth. The Cowleys have stated that they don't want to uproot them again, particularly because their children are at critical stages in their education. So although Colchester would have been ideal geographically as they are Essex people it will still be way beyond commuting from Pompey.
I think the Cowleys had accepted they would have to live away from their families for their next job. I fully expect them to return to Lincoln City within the next few days and I fear Danny will come to regret his decision.

I am struggling with the logic that suggests the Cowleys will therefore rock up at Sincil Bank in a few days time.( Although i would be pleased if it happened) If the report is true and given that its Ian Dennis saying it, it is likely to be reputable. That would suggest that Lincoln have allowed this situation to develop on their watch. We are an extremely well run club, so little would be left to chance. If we really wanted them in the first place, we would surely have reached out to the Cowleys and at least indicated an interest. It suggests the opposite to me.

Danny mentioned somewhere during the week that his daughter is in her GCSE year and doesn't want anything to impact on that. I expect he is still either getting a payment from Portsmouth or at the least had a generous pay-off. He also is getting some decent media gigs to keep him going. If anything this decision makes him coming back to us even more unlikely in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.