Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 29 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that was supposed to be a (admittedly very bad) joke.

I’ve no idea - I thought Tilson was a good appointment at the time so I’m happy to let the experts running the club decide. They haven’t really let us down so far. If I was forced to pick Id say Cowley - huge comfort blanket and any other new Manager will be compared unfavourably to him anyway.
I'm not sure I want a comfort blanket in charge. I'd settle for anyone with a current track record better than the Cowleys, which leaves Mr Nates plenty of scope!

Have I missed something about Cohen? Has the club actually announced that he has been working with us? I know it has been talked about, and I think the club were 'looking to bring in an experience hand', but have we actually acknowledged that he has been put on the payroll?

Have I missed something about Cohen? Has the club actually announced that he has been working with us? I know it has been talked about, and I think the club were 'looking to bring in an experience hand', but have we actually acknowledged that he has been put on the payroll?

Formal role officially confirmed by the club - no - but Liam suggested we were getting a coach in and then there's pictures of him in full City training gear pitching up at Fleetwood.

TS said he (Cohen) has been sitting in the stands for the past couple of matches

Not sure about the payroll but Kennedy went out one door and Cohen came in the other.

He's been there since the day Kennedy departed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I want a comfort blanket in charge. I'd settle for anyone with a current track record better than the Cowleys, which leaves Mr Nates plenty of scope!
Agreed, I don't dispute their record, they were the right fit and all the stars aligned after years and years of us in the doldrums. I really enjoyed the ride, absolutely.

We have moved on they moved on, they new where they were going. Tbf, for me, I got tired of the brand towards the end.

At the end of the day, TS is at some point destined to be the Head Coach of Lincoln either now or in the future. That is me reading the narrative from the club and how they rate him and have invested in him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if TS is the new assistant Head Coach with Cohen (formerly known as Coleman) the Head Coach or someone else.

TS is on a pathway to the Head Coach position at LCFC and potentially go up one rung of the ladder with this next appointment.

Or perhaps two rungs, we'll have to wait and see.

Wasn't Jones still Manager at Southampton when we played them in the cup?
We didn't deserve to get beat that night and they were not very good for a premiership outfit and looked a bit clueless. Don't fancy Jones I am afraid.

Wasn't Jones still Manager at Southampton when we played them in the cup?
We didn't deserve to get beat that night and they were not very good for a premiership outfit and looked a bit clueless. Don't fancy Jones I am afraid.
To be fair they did beat Man City in the next round!

TS said he (Cohen) has been sitting in the stands for the past couple of matches
TS also said Cohen had been coaching the players. Surely the club and Cohen would have already checked with soton that was allowed within his gardening leave/contract. It is not like we are competing in the same league.

In terms of track records, Cowley was employed by us on the back of an outstanding track record in the non-league. He then achieved two promotions, an FA Cup QF and an EFL Trophy win with us.
Find a manager interested in joining us with a better record of success!
Regardless of past successes though, we need a manager that can do the business now. This may be Cowley… or it may be another. There’s a lot of talk about Nathan Jones, particularly as there is a Cohen link at present and they worked together in the past.
I’m not against this.
Despite having a disappointing short spell at Southampton, he’s done enough at league one and Championship levels to underline his potential to deliver here. He also tends to play with 3 at the back and a high press which fits with our current style and personnel.
Tom Shaw might also be a good shout. The only concern is that he could be a good coach that can make tactical tweaks to get the best out of players but we’ve no idea about his ability to take overall charge with only a mediocre spell at Gainsborough as evidence.
Currently Cowley favourite with the bookies, Jones second and Shaw third. The Bradley link has definately cooled a little as he sits in at fourth… although the relative quiet on this front could be a smokescreen!

What I find quite interesting is that unless I've missed it, I don't recall anyone actually coming out and saying I want to be Lincoln's next head coach.
All of those mentioned up to here might not actually want the job

...and the Bradley link might become a little clearer at 10pm tonight if Shamrock have won the Irish League

What I find quite interesting is that unless I've missed it, I don't recall anyone actually coming out and saying I want to be Lincoln's next head coach.
All of those mentioned up to here might not actually want the job
Me either, no one has said they want it,very strange .

Status
Not open for further replies.