Newcastle vs Palace | Page 2 | Vital Football

Newcastle vs Palace

Well we qualified for Europe under Pardew partly because we'd signed Cisse in the January window and he was in the hot streak of his life
That's a good example and although I think we would have qualified for Europe without Cisse it doesn't really disprove my original point. Which is basically this is the team/squad that will define our season. There might be a few additions in January but to expect them to hit a hot streak like cisse did... It's never been done before or since.

That's a good example and although I think we would have qualified for Europe without Cisse it doesn't really disprove my original point. Which is basically this is the team/squad that will define our season. There might be a few additions in January but to expect them to hit a hot streak like cisse did... It's never been done before or since.

Cole was signed in January and scored 12 goals, the same as Cisse.

Fine lines at the minute and a massive premier league agenda on us compared to being massively unfit and clueless last season.

We could have beat Brighton if Callum Wilson's 'high foot' take down and goal was scored by one of the top 6.

We would have got a pen 100% for that foul on Schar in the first half against Man City if we'd been one of the other top 5. A potential hammer blow of a 3-1 lead going in to half time could have seen us play out a win.

We would have had a minimum of a draw in scouseland if we'd been one of the other top 5 as the final whistle would have went ages before it did plus that 2nd Isak goal would have been given.

We could have beat Wolves if we'd been given a pen for a shirt pull on Longstaff in the box that one of the top 6 would have got 100%.

Any of the top 6 would have seen our goal today given to them or a pen given at the least.

Aside from that and a potential 11 points taken away from us for strange decisions is a million miles away from last season where we had no excuses for anything pre-takeover.

The minute where there are no 'fine lines' or excuses is the time to worry or complain. Until then we're in a decent place with 14 games to go before we can add the likes of a James Maddison or a Joao Pedro.

Last edited:
Cole was signed in January and scored 12 goals, the same as Cisse.
He may well have been signed in January but there was no January window back then. There was no window when we signed Asprilla either

Managed to watch the game in some little bar on the Isle of Bute.
Dick Turpinned again with the perfectly scored goal, beyond fkn belief!
Seriously need to address a number 10 if we persist in a 4-3-3,we need an attacking playmaker to gel it together.
As Howe's eluded to the top 6 don't want to do business with us,fuck em
we'll just have to look elsewhere & forget about the wage structure.
Let's see what happens in January.