Newcastle vs Palace | Vital Football

Newcastle vs Palace

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
Bit of pressure on this game for me. Up to know I think we could say we have had a decent start to the season, but lose this one and I am not sure. 3 points essential in my view.

Agreed. No disrespect to palace they're a good team under Vieira but we need to be winning home fixtures like this.

Sunday league stuff so far by both teams. 1 goal will win this game if either team can manage to string a few passes together.

I already knew that goal was being chalked off before the referee looked at it. Complete agenda against us getting ridiculous now.

Bar the 1on 1 isak fluffed that he made for himself he hasn't had a sniff. Seriously lacking that cutting edge.

Not good enough lads. As expected take 1 or 2 injuries and we're fkd. Let's hope we don't get any more. Never seen a bigger headless chicken than Murphy. So many players not deserving of a squad place let alone be in the team.

Well, they dfd not bring in sufficient strikers. One man up front and wingers and midfield that rarely score. Draws will not be sufficient for us to make an impact.
The hierarchy said it would be a gradual process and so it seems.
Too many injuries.

Bags of half chances for Newcastle United. Their keeper played well. Lots of spells of pressure but we've missed that bit of extra quality that St Max, Bruno and Wilson can bring. Fraser simply wasn't sharp enough first half and Isak tried the lift over the keeper rather than placing it into the bottom corner. Almiron had the beating of Mitchell time and again but so often moved central rather than using the width. For 60 minutes we were well on top but did seem to run out of steam somewhat. Once again though we've been on the wrong end of some poor refereeing after our goal was disallowed. Should have won it. Within the next few weeks we're going to absolutely fucking paste a side when we start getting the roll of the ball and a decent referee.

Haven't moved on and replaced enough of the deadwood. Was there to see with the starting team at Tranmere. Was it really too much to expect to have brought in a couple more tsht would have made the difference between a draw and a win today?

Reactions: Rza
Have to say rather disappointed with that result. I know the VAR incident doesn’t help but as others have said seem to lack a cutting edge. I guess we will be last on MOD

Haven't moved on and replaced enough of the deadwood. Was there to see with the starting team at Tranmere. Was it really too much to expect to have brought in a couple more tsht would have made the difference between a draw and a win today?
It's not just today though it's over the course of the season. Let's be honest unless you're trying to survive the January window is pretty useless.

The var incident is ridiculous . Palace's Mitchell pushes Willock into the keeper and the ref gives the foul against Willock .

It's not just today though it's over the course of the season. Let's be honest unless you're trying to survive the January window is pretty useless.

Don't necessarily agree with that . Plenty of teams have done great business in the January window. Manchester United got Vidic in a January window and Liverpool got Van Dijk and Suarez in a January window. We got Bruno and Trippier both of whom would walk into any squad in this league.

Don't necessarily agree with that . Plenty of teams have done great business in the January window. Manchester United got Vidic in a January window and Liverpool got Van Dijk and Suarez in a January window. We got Bruno and Trippier both of whom would walk into any squad in this league.
There's always individual cases. I meant as a team, which team have climbed from say second to first and won the league because of the January window. Which team were in the top 10 and ended up qualifying for Europe because if the January window. It doesn't happen because 9 times out of 10 the squad you start the season with wins you the league. Suarez never won a league

We're the only team to lose a 12 point lead because of the January window 🤣

There's always individual cases. I meant as a team, which team have climbed from say second to first and won the league because of the January window. Which team were in the top 10 and ended up qualifying for Europe because if the January window. It doesn't happen because 9 times out of 10 the squad you start the season with wins you the league. Suarez never won a league

Well we qualified for Europe under Pardew partly because we'd signed Cisse in the January window and he was in the hot streak of his life