NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 122 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Krasner was told that a bidder was going to buy us this week,
he should have kept quiet until the deal was sealed.

He's his worst enemy at times and that is why a lot of fans
are getting tired of being led up the garden path.

I do agree Springy-park that the comms from Admin have been diabolical throughout. If only they consulted some sort of professional PR firm... oh, hang on ...

If a potential buyer tells Krasner that they are keen to complete this week and then they don't complete this week I don't see how Krasner can be blamed for that one.

He gets criticised if he doesn't share info, he gets criticised if he does share info and he gets criticised if something beyond his control happens. If he wasn't so incompetent in so many other areas I'd almost feel sorry for him.

All he needed to say was that there are still individuals and groups interested in purchasing the club but they wish to remain anonymous at this time so will be maintaining that confidentiality. Not there was someone new who signed an nda this morning in record time time and hope to wrap up a deal by Friday. It’s called professionalism and he lacks it.

Could be several reasons KDZ, but one could be that someone who may have been interested earlier or even from ‘the off‘ has been trying to gather partners or ‘money men‘ to back them ....and they’ve only recently finalised that support?

Or simply that as most investors do they are waiting for the bottom of the market to appear. Any investor worth his salt wouldn't invest in anything at the height of the market, they will sit idly by and watch and wait until the price almost hits bottom and then strike knowing that in the long run the price can only rise.

Personally I think that this "interested person" has been around for some time and may have had a few conversations with Krasner regarding a possible bid. If it had been me I would have asked for a few conditions to be met subject to signing any contract. I would have given him a firm offer subject to my conditions being met and that could be the reason he rejected other bids knowing that my bid would stand unless he got a better offer, a backup if you like.

The conditions I would have set would be firstly that the debt was paid and I had a clean slate upon takeover, secondly get rid of the second training ground which is unnecessary at league one level. Drastically cut the wage bill to make the club sustainable in the lower league and sell off any player who did not want to be playing lower league football.

I would have asked all that so as not to be coming into the club and having to sell off players thus causing a shit storm from the fans before I even got my feet under the table.

Sound familiar?

I can now enter the field as the clubs saviour and modestly invest to bring the playing staff back to a reasonable standard and be safe in the knowledge that I will receive no criticism from the fans and that my investment is safe, debt free
(every chairman in the league would be envious of my position) and sustainable for the forseeable future.

Or simply that as most investors do they are waiting for the bottom of the market to appear. Any investor worth his salt wouldn't invest in anything at the height of the market, they will sit idly by and watch and wait until the price almost hits bottom and then strike knowing that in the long run the price can only rise.

Personally I think that this "interested person" has been around for some time and may have had a few conversations with Krasner regarding a possible bid. If it had been me I would have asked for a few conditions to be met subject to signing any contract. I would have given him a firm offer subject to my conditions being met and that could be the reason he rejected other bids knowing that my bid would stand unless he got a better offer, a backup if you like.

The conditions I would have set would be firstly that the debt was paid and I had a clean slate upon takeover, secondly get rid of the second training ground which is unnecessary at league one level. Drastically cut the wage bill to make the club sustainable in the lower league and sell off any player who did not want to be playing lower league football.

I would have asked all that so as not to be coming into the club and having to sell off players thus causing a shit storm from the fans before I even got my feet under the table.

Sound familiar?

I can now enter the field as the clubs saviour and modestly invest to bring the playing staff back to a reasonable standard and be safe in the knowledge that I will receive no criticism from the fans and that my investment is safe, debt free
(every chairman in the league would be envious of my position) and sustainable for the forseeable future.

In all probability that's it in a nutshell, very well explained TB

Not necessarily. It depends on the competition and attractiveness of what’s on offer, though it’s fair logic in our case. However most likely they are are just fortunate in regards timing and are now looking to invest due to the price as you say bottoming out.

Sounds like a Krasner press release to justify his actions. I disagree in regards the selling of players not wanting to be here. They could have sold themselves at a much higher value and I’m sure most fans would have understood the reasons why and not held it against them in the circumstances. No investment is safe, particularly in the current climate with revenue uncertain.

Not necessarily. It depends on the competition and attractiveness of what’s on offer, though it’s fair logic in our case. However most likely they are are just fortunate in regards timing and are now looking to invest due to the price as you say bottoming out.

Sounds like a Krasner press release to justify his actions. I disagree in regards the selling of players not wanting to be here. They could have sold themselves at a much higher value and I’m sure most fans would have understood the reasons why and not held it against them in the circumstances. No investment is safe, particularly in the current climate with revenue uncertain.

Especially when we have a good guess that the Morsy and Byrne fees were scandelously low. Contracts work both ways we can't dump them if they get a long term injury or they flop and they can't choose to leave when it suits. No issue if players want to leave but you hold out until you get something approaching a decent fee for your 2 players of the year.

It's funny Kranser is the first to moan about the bidder needs to be kept secret and how rumours scare them away then he is the one revealing a new bidder is in and talking about their actions. He's basically inviting speculation, rumours and people to try and find out.

If i was the bidder and i was as concerned about keeping my actions as off the radar as Krasner seems to suggest i'd be seething with him.

If you claim you just lost a bidder due to info getting out - why a week later would you be putting info out there yourself - unless the previous bidder story didn't go down like that.

Nixon also said that 4 of the bidders he spoke to all wanted to keep Euxton when Krasner said all the bidders wanted to sell it off seperetly. Why would you sell Euxton when it is a state of the art training ground and to upgrade our other one to that standard would cost just as much? The idea everyone wanted to buy a club and get rid of the good training ground for so little makes no sense.

Last edited:
Nixon said one of the new interested parties has been here for 2 days of meetings and it will be 3 if they are still here today, so it sounds like they are keen.

But i do wonder where all these interested parties have been until now as we've been in admin for months. You'd think anyone who considered buying a club would've taken a look earlier rather than just arriving on the scene for the first time now.

Why buy it for 10m when you can buy it for 3?

Why buy it for 10m when you can buy it for 3?

When it was 10m there was probably 30m worth of assets you could sell yourself if needed and a strong chance you'd immeidetly bounce back. Now if you pay 3m i'm not sure if there is even 3m worth of assets left and it's a total rebuild that will take a few years. It's cheaper up front but will probably cost you more overall.

I find it odd people interested now wouldn't have been intesrested when more attractive prospect bore the we were asset stripped to the bone. Maybe not even at the very beginning but about a month ago when we still had Kipre, Lowe, Morsy, Byrne and the price was the same.

Still maintain that them not disclosing their identities is a big red flag. However, finally a small chink of light has emerged! I just pray whoever it is, has the money to get us through these awful times, but most importantly has the best intentions of the club at heart, a clear plan in place on and off the pitch going forward and won't put us back in this situation in six months!

Status
Not open for further replies.