NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 47 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a third bidder ? Someone on twitter asked Nixon were they the one's who were interested in buying Woking he said no idea.
Also when asked did he honestly think we will be liquidated he replied no

Sorry mate, but it's all irrelevant. whatever we may say it's "value" is, if someone is only willing to pay a small proportion of that, then the valuation is meaningless.

As I said, given the total cost of the sale to IEC makes any assertion that the stadium itself is worth £30m is pie in the sky.

Edit- Also, let's remember that both Sheff Weds & Derby have both been found out to be rather naughty in their actions. Those valuations were simply to aid their "fundraising" activity.
1598369096737.png

Heres the report information around the valuation of the stadium.

View attachment 41639

That valuation is totally irrelevant, as moonay stated it is only worth what anyone would pay for it and there uis a distinct shortage of customers for sports stadia in Wigan.
Any commercial property is valued on a number of factors, location, rents received from tenants and versatility of the structure/property, if the stadium was to be demolished for redevelopment the cost of site clearance reflects on the cost the land left after demolishing, the cost of demolishing the DW would be significant, far more than the reported sale cost.

It's said it's lost us but as it lost us? According to many we are tenants just like the eggs so hows it lost us money. Surely then it has lost the Stadium company money but that is supposedly a different company than us. I somehow think that us the Latics may have had the shitty end of the stick here and due to our connection with the stadium company we have subsidised that company for years or in pitch replacements and renovations.
I hope these costs over and above the rent are passed on to a new owner or if Pollard is buying it his Rugby team that if valued at 10 million quid with no assets must surely be able to afford.

Both the stadium and the club were within the Wigan Athletic parent company. It meant the rent from Latics to stadium was effectively just moving money around the parent company rather than generating any new income while the loses were net loses that became debt or came out of the owners pocket.

It's a case of if what you make in rent from Warriors / save in rent for Latics, plus any other income are higher than running costs. Generally it hasn't been.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a third bidder ? Someone on twitter asked Nixon were they the one's who were interested in buying Woking he said no idea.
Also when asked did he honestly think we will be liquidated he replied no

Saw that from one person and no one else. Suspect it's not true.

That valuation is totally irrelevant, as moonay stated it is only worth what anyone would pay for it and there uis a distinct shortage of customers for sports stadia in Wigan.
Any commercial property is valued on a number of factors, location, rents received from tenants and versatility of the structure/property, if the stadium was to be demolished for redevelopment the cost of site clearance reflects on the cost the land left after demolishing, the cost of demolishing the DW would be significant, far more than the reported sale cost.

The initial point raised was that valuation I stated wasnt correct, so I said earlier on I would post the proof.

Ive already agreed that doesnt mean someone would pay that to buy it but the current market value is as shown.

Fair do NS.................... though I suspect that would be a valuation for insurance purposes. I have a keyboard that is insured for the best part of £5k, cos that's what it cost me .......and also what it would cost me to get a new (or comparable) one, even though I'd be lucky to get a third of that if I were to sell it.

Maybe, all football stadiums, modern/large capacity seem to have high valuations. Some clubs then sell the stadiums for significantly higher than their valuation others for less.

For instance Charltons previous owner wants any new owner to pay 50m to buy the stadium. I would imagine The Valley would be similar to ours in valuation. This is bad news for Charlton, which is why we have to be careful who we sell the stadium too.

I guess it depends on the land status of the ground and surrounding area.

I don't get the comparison though. You'd imagine that Charlton's ground, being surrounded by houses, and of course attracting the London markup is a completely different kettle of fish to our ground.

Meanwhile, our stadium is valued at 30m, the same as Derbys and ours is being sold for 4.1m whilst Derby think they can get off selling theirs for 81m....
Exactly - but the EFL think that's ok
Been to always at Derby, it's a much nicer build than the DW and larger however the seats aren't made of gold so how it's worth 20 times more or £77m than the DW sale price proves both that Derby have got away with murder and that Lenighan has as well.

Didn’t pollard once star in adult movies seem to remember a story and pics in the news of the world old perv

Fair do NS.................... though I suspect that would be a valuation for insurance purposes. I have a keyboard that is insured for the best part of £5k, cos that's what it cost me .......and also what it would cost me to get a new (or comparable) one, even though I'd be lucky to get a third of that if I were to sell it.

Wow its no wander your always typing on here you have to get your moneys worth , mine was 15 quid from Asda:computer: :whist:

Status
Not open for further replies.