NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 49 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe our take over will go to the wire as all sides look to get the best deal.

And where or when do you see ‘the wire’ being ? .....the 31st Aug arbitrarily declared date from the Admins ?.....or (assuming a genuine interest is still ‘in play’) this rolling into mid September ....maybe the latter I would guess ?

Might be a bit of a long shot, but I reckon the admins are going to announce the clubs been sold to Lionel Messi and he's going to play for free (FFP rules and all that) as he fancies a new and exciting project. Near liquidated lg1 club to Premier league champs within three years, no chance Ronaldos matching that in the GOAT debate.

Unless Messi handing in a transfer request the day before the big announcement is just a coincidence 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nandy's comments sound like she doesn't understand admins role or is deliberetly misrepresenting elements of the situation to position herself on our side for good publicity.

She cant ask what is the plan to ensure the club has a good future as it's not in the scope of the admins role. Their job is to recover the maximum amount of money and keep the club afloat in the immediate term - providing a good future can only come from bidders. She also can't demand to see progress if a viable bid isn't in, at this point admin can't accept 5m from say Ganaye for the 5 assets if they could get 10m+ for selling them off in 4 separate pieces.

It seems like there was a misconception that the admins top priority was to save the club and when people see them maximising recovering funds over the clubs benefit they think they are betraying us or doing something wrong rather than just their job. There seems to be a lot of conflation between things going wrong for the club and admin actually doing something wrong. Admin will facilitate our saving or liquidation but won't be personally responsible for either outcome.

I suspect Nandy knows admin can only do so much and are legally bound to accept the best bids but wants to look like she is fighting for the club by pressuring them to give answers and results - even though they aren't possible.

And where or when do you see ‘the wire’ being ? .....the 31st Aug arbitrarily declared date from the Admins ?.....or (assuming a genuine interest is still ‘in play’) this rolling into mid September ....maybe the latter I would guess ?

I think you are right when you say arbitrary deadline. I am sure that date will be the goal but if all sides aren't happy that day I think it could drag on longer. I'd really hope it wouldn't drag that long but if there is a deal so close but not quite over the line it could even end up like Bolton where the takeover only happens after the season starts.

I'd say by the time we play Fleetwood in the cup admin could easily still be haggling the finer points.

If the rumours about the price being correct then thats 9.5m raised since July 1st. 8m had to be paid in full, with 0.9m being the minimum 25p in the pound, meaning we are out of the danger zone in terms of liquidation.

We need to pay the administrators, however that should be part of the takeover fee.

If the sale of the stadium goes ahead and for the rumoured fee, than all creditors get paid in full as well as covering the administrators fees. So how much would the asking price for the club be then, and who receives this money?

If the rumours about the price being correct then thats 9.5m raised since July 1st. 8m had to be paid in full, with 0.9m being the minimum 25p in the pound, meaning we are out of the danger zone in terms of liquidation.

We need to pay the administrators, however that should be part of the takeover fee.

If the sale of the stadium goes ahead and for the rumoured fee, than all creditors get paid in full as well as covering the administrators fees. So how much would the asking price for the club be then, and who receives this money?

Would it not be the last owner Yeung ,who so far won't have received a penny ? Not that I am advocating he should get anything.

The owner gets the Money as for the price of the club minimal as the assests have been sold.

I think you are right when you say arbitrary deadline. I am sure that date will be the goal but if all sides aren't happy that day I think it could drag on longer. I'd really hope it wouldn't drag that long but if there is a deal so close but not quite over the line it could even end up like Bolton where the takeover only happens after the season starts.

I'd say by the time we play Fleetwood in the cup admin could easily still be haggling the finer points.

It is the admins deadline though - they set it. Publicly. I get it’s a game of poker and whilst I personally no longer have any faith in their abilities I suspect they’ll draw the line somewhere. I also suspect Thursdays announcement will be as informative as the one yesterday but it’ll be one in which they’ll be preparing us for what’s to come. And not in a good way.

I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before the 31st or whenever the day of reckoning finally is. Who knows, maybe a previously unmentioned buyer will come in at the last minute with Euxton and probably the stadium sold.

I've not heard Mr Koukash mentioned since it was said he was still interested, I wonder is he still onboard ?

I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before the 31st or whenever the day of reckoning finally is. Who knows, maybe a previously unmentioned buyer will come in at the last minute with Euxton and probably the stadium sold.

I've not heard Mr Koukash mentioned since it was said he was still interested, I wonder is he still onboard ?

Not sure if Koukash rumour was ever true.

To answer your question NS, any funds above and beyond what is owed to creditors will be paid to the previous owner, Au Yeung.

As far as being out of the danger zone for liquidation, we are not. The liquidation of the clubs assets will continue until someone buys the final assets. Whether this is the football club, the stadium or the players. If no one comes forward to buy us as a going concern then we will suffer the fate of Bury.

This will not be over until a buyer is found, puts up the cash and says he wants to continue trading the business as a football club.

It is the admins deadline though - they set it. Publicly. I get it’s a game of poker and whilst I personally no longer have any faith in their abilities I suspect they’ll draw the line somewhere. I also suspect Thursdays announcement will be as informative as the one yesterday but it’ll be one in which they’ll be preparing us for what’s to come. And not in a good way.

If the deal isn't agreed on the 31st but very close I don't think they'd pull the plug. I think they'd be willing to give a bit more time assuming they believe am agreement is achievable with a bit more time.

I do expect Thursday to be part of the negotiation tactics though - basically try and imply all deals off if not done by 31st and ramp up pressure on Ganaye / Lennigan or anyone else sniffing.

I think the fan questions is a good idea in theory but the reality is most of the pressing questions that can't and wont be answered at this point. I've normally got plenty of questions on my mind that I'd love to get asked but in this instance I am struggling to think of what could be asked that would realistically be answerable under the current circumstances.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of frustration, panic and fear by the end of the confrence.

If the worst happened and we fold like Bury, would we become a fan based
club, if so, who would we ground share with, Leigh Sports Village or
Nearer home, Ashton Town or Ashton Athletic or would IL have pity on us
and let us play at the IL stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.