NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 14 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have made it back in his gambling. Makes our relegation, Admin, selling all assets for buttons to keep the lights on totally pointless.

Could have kept us going for a few weeks. Got the EFL money and sold Robinson or Joffy and been in a much better place

Do your research you doughnut. These aren’t chancers or professional gamblers. These are experienced campaigners in sport. They’ve ran a MLB team (who compete regularly against two of the biggest franchises in world sport on a fraction of their revenue) and one of them still has a stake in the franchise. They already own a football club and have sent someone over with football experience who was looked upon very fondly by Barnsley fans as their frontman.

Go and google search their Oostende takeover and read their plans upon taking over the club when interviewed and tell me that isn’t exactly what is required at Latics. Most importantly they have the money to keep us financially secure should any stormy waters emerge going forward (e.g a second wave of Covid).
Pretty sure you could have written the exact same thing about our previous owners, and that didn't turn out as planned.
Fact is, with no connection to Wigan, as a town or football club, there is only one reason a foreign investor would want to buy the football club, and that is nothing to do with the love of anything other than money.
Call me a doughnut all you like mate, but it's naive to believe that one party has more moral ideals than Lenegan and co just to fill your narrative.

Pretty sure you could have written the exact same thing about our previous owners, and that didn't turn out as planned.
Fact is, with no connection to Wigan, as a town or football club, there is only one reason a foreign investor would want to buy the football club, and that is nothing to do with the love of anything other than money.
Call me a doughnut all you like mate, but it's naive to believe that one party has more moral ideals than Lenegan and co just to fill your narrative.
Stick to the Warriors forum mate.

This lot already run sports teams and do a very good job at sustaining clubs properly with the track record, has wealth incase of tough circumstances like a second wave, a CEO that has experience in the league already and knows English football. Maybe they are passionate about running sports teams and are passionate in doing a great job at it, as they already proved to be. But because they are not local then it's a simple no right? Because Lenegans Wigan roots is enough to tackle all the financial struggles of modern day broken football.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but why have the administrators got the sulk on with these new bidders for going public, but never said anything when Lenegan came out with his opportunist statement within minutes of us going into admin? Two bidders have made themselves public but only one has been admonished.
Because Nixon broke the story and the administrators (Stanley in particular) hate him because he's been breaking stories about us all through our time in admin. It's basically a petty cheap shot. By making public that a bid is being (or has been made), the administrators will now find it harder to drag this out and ensure they continue to receive their 10k a day for as long as possible.

Just a thought how did we know lenegan was interested in buying us
Oh yea was in newspapers and TV did that not also breach the nda that is now being preached to us by the admins if so why was nothing said then

I smell so favouritism here, being local and love the club is not enough to run a club in this day and age, need money, need a plan of action, so many factors.

And what if the quotes by Gauthier and the names released was from last week? While Gauthier was checking the facilities and stuff, he had to come back and show proof of funds then, only then do you sign an NDA. So if that's the case then they breached nothing.

This lot already run sports teams and do a very good job at sustaining clubs properly with the track record, has wealth incase of tough circumstances like a second wave, a CEO that has experience in the league already and knows English football. Maybe they are passionate about running sports teams and are passionate in doing a great job at it, as they already proved to be. But because they are not local then it's a simple no right? Because Lenegans Wigan roots is enough to tackle all the financial struggles of modern day broken football.
I've never said it's a simple no - I've never even said that they wouldn't be good owners.

My point is purely that you are demonising Lenegan for his apparent motives of buying our club, and then making out a bunch of people we'd never heard of before a rumour in The Scum are any different.

The idea that all potential bidders don't share some of the same ambitions and view the opportunity similarly is silly, whether you like them or not.

In terms of what is best for the club, there could be an argument that people who know the town and, and the club to some extent, know what they are getting in to and are less likely to bolt once it doesn't quite go to plan. On the other hand we might get a couple of American owners who pile in the cash and take us to the heights of the premier league. Who knows.

I've never said it's a simple no - I've never even said that they wouldn't be good owners.

My point is purely that you are demonising Lenegan for his apparent motives of buying our club, and then making out a bunch of people we'd never heard of before a rumour in The Scum are any different.

The idea that all potential bidders don't share some of the same ambitions and view the opportunity similarly is silly, whether you like them or not.

In terms of what is best for the club, there could be an argument that people who know the town and, and the club to some extent, know what they are getting in to and are less likely to bolt once it doesn't quite go to plan. On the other hand we might get a couple of American owners who pile in the cash and take us to the heights of the premier league. Who knows.

My personal opinion is that both bidders have good intentions but the latter have more experience, money, potential for global sponsorship and transparency in Belgium and the USA. So that is why I highly prefer them and the admins should not let their personal opinion on Nixon get in the way of that.

You don't get it do you. None of us want owners who pile in the cash needlessly. We want stable owners with experience of running a successful sports club/franchise, with the money to develop us off the pitch (e.g improving youth facilities) and keep us secure in uncertain financial climates).

How much cash does 74 year old Lenegan have again? He's not stupid, he knows he'll never get a better chance in his lifetime to bring the ground under his control, secure the future of his beloved Warriors for good and make money off Latics through rent money should we ever want to progress in the future.

I smell so favouritism here, being local and love the club is not enough to run a club in this day and age, need money, need a plan of action, so many factors.

And what if the quotes by Gauthier and the names released was from last week? While Gauthier was checking the facilities and stuff, he had to come back and show proof of funds then, only then do you sign an NDA. So if that's the case then they breached nothing.

Likes of nandy and Burnham have been mentioning lenegan everytime I have seen them talking on YouTube
Has nandy ever been to a football match probably more of a egg chaser and another one wanting wurriors control over the latics not heard anything from her since before the apeal

My personal opinion is that both bidders have good intentions but the latter have more experience, money, potential for global sponsorship and transparency in Belgium and the USA. So that is why I highly prefer them and the admins should not let their personal opinion on Nixon get in the way of that.
100% agree about the admins and reporters, which is why I will reserve judgement until something concrete comes out about who is bidding and what their plans are .

I don't think it's wise/fair to make any assumptions about peoples motives, or that anyone is better than anyone else, based on leaked information by a reporter

You don't get it do you. None of us want owners who pile in the cash needlessly. We want stable owners with experience of running a successful sports club/franchise, with the money to develop us off the pitch (e.g improving youth facilities) and keep us secure in uncertain financial climates).

How much cash does 74 year old Lenegan have again? He's not stupid, he knows he'll never get a better chance in his lifetime to bring the ground under his control, secure the future of his beloved Warriors for good and make money off Latics through rent money should we ever want to progress in the future.
It's fine I get it, you don't like Lenegan. Anything else you are saying is just made up.

The biggest news by far today is the writing off of the debt. It makes the chances of a buyer coming in much more likely and makes the initial outlay that much more appealing given the value of the assets on offer.

I like what I've read about the Frankel/Kalt interest. It's also good to hear the Administrators confirm that they are in the running. How can they commit a "complete breach of the non-disclosure agreement" unless they've already entered into an NDA.

It's fine I get it, you don't like Lenegan. Anything else you are saying is just made up.

That's just it. It's not made up. The other party has a track record in America and in Belgium of sustainably and relatively successfully running small clubs. They don't throw money around. They've done it by using the same route that we've been going down the last few years. Slow and steady and developing youth. If you was to make a ownership blueprint for a club like ours then they have made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.