NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 15 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes less and less sense. Basically Choi has pumped more into the latics than any individual in our history. He's paid whelan 14 million., paid millions on players then wrote it all off with his mate. Tbf the players we have sold are only players he's bought like Williams, Moore and Robinson. The most bizarre episode in English football history?

Pretty sure you could have written the exact same thing about our previous owners, and that didn't turn out as planned.
Fact is, with no connection to Wigan, as a town or football club, there is only one reason a foreign investor would want to buy the football club, and that is nothing to do with the love of anything other than money.
Call me a doughnut all you like mate, but it's naive to believe that one party has more moral ideals than Lenegan and co just to fill your narrative.
In fairness when the is lots of differences between the people interested now and when iec took over. For starters when Iec came in for us we never knew what their actual networth was. All we knew was they was a company that was make a loss on the stockmarket most days. We also was never sure who was actually the man in charge of iec until late in to takeover negoations. I mean the was a pic going round of someone at one our games from Iec and people on twitter was claiming it was Henry cheng who had not been involved with Iec for years. An whilst agree when Iec took over they did say a lot of the right things. We had nothing to hold what they was saying up against to see if they meant it or not. With these new people we have with what they done in their other sporting endeavours. We also know who exactly is the money men and what their networth is. As for lennegan as a last resort I think most of us would have him over going bust. An unlike some I do think he would have the clubs best intrest at heart and would not just be after the stadium. But on the flip side he does not have the money to do anything but manage a steady decline in the club and on top of that imo. I did not like how he went about announcing his intrest in buying us he framed it as warriors was buying us and the Warriors facebook page even put up a post about it. Which was cobblers because anyone who looks into it to seconds quickly realises it would be a consortium who would bought us with him as the head. But for someone who claimed to want to bring both wigan clubs together and heel old rifts it seemed an odd way of announcing it. I mean saying warriors would of ownes us would of been the same as saying we owned them when whelan saved them.

That's just it. It's not made up. The other party has a track record in America and in Belgium of sustainably and relatively successfully running small clubs. They don't throw money around. They've done it by using the same route that we've been going down the last few years. Slow and steady and developing youth. If you was to make a ownership blueprint for a club like ours then they have made it.[/QUOTE

No their track record is not made up, but their interest and motives in Wigan are, same as Lenegans supposed interests and motives are made up.
You forgot also we dont like rugby as well
haha my apologies - you don't like Lenegan AND rugby

To be honest LMB i have lost trust with these administrators, Good cop bad cop act has worn a bit thin now,when you are trying to find a buyer why accuse one group of breaking the NDA in what seems to me a disdainful way? it seems to me they have decided who they want and are blinkered to any other offers!These yanks will go away now that they have had this thrown at them ,leaving the way clear for their favourites!Leneghan looking certain now i would say!!

The administrators will do a deal to whichever offers the most money to creditors - if that's lenagan then he'll get it. if that's this new fella & his mates then it'll be them.
Whether they like one person more than the other will have no bearing on it

That’s not going to happen. The first thing Lenegan would do upon taking over is move the majority share of the stadium from Wigan Athletic Holding company (or whatever’s it’s called) straight over to one of his own companies. He’ll then probably draw up a new lease extension to safeguard the Warriors. Mark my words he won’t put a penny of his own money into Latics on or off the pitch. He’s not got the money to do so. Then as said above, if down the line anyone wanted to take us over (which they wouldn’t as we’d not be in control of our own ground), Lenegan could charge them rent for as long as we play at the DW.

If he’s the last option, then so be it if it keeps the club alive. But that’s all he should be. If this Ganaye interest is real (and I trust Nixon) then absolutely no way whatsoever should Lenegan be getting anywhere near preferred bidder status. If he does then serious questions need asking of the admins.

Latics pay rent at the moment for using the stadium so I don;t get your point

I doubt the debt has been written off out of kindness. Still think Choi has a lot to do with this along with his slimy puppet Kay. I've thought all along that what they have done is in some way illegal and probably a paper trail has been left which traces back to their dodgy activity. We have gone through feckin hell the last few weeks let's now hope we have a proper bid come in quickly.

The news on the loan being ‘forgotten’ is obviously fantastic news as it was hampering any deal given the uncertainty around it. If anyone is serious then I expect a deal now will be straight forward

That the loan has been waived means administration was even more unnecessary. Must be the worst purchase/administration in history, let alone football. The mind boggles and however you view it is beyond bizarre given the money they could have made by funding the club for just two more months. Fuckwits doesn’t quite cover this pair. I was quite willing to have a 15 point deduction to avoid paying these twats so I must say it’s a cause of celebration their likely illegal actions have landed them with nothing. Well done to the admins for ensuring they have to walk away.

As to the bidders, then we need to hope it is someone that buys the job lot. Clearly Pollard doesn’t have the funds and with his age and tax problems then it would be a short term ownership. Given we’d no longer own the ground then our future prospects would be bleak. Far from creating unity it would increase division.

Latics pay rent at the moment for using the stadium so I don;t get your point
We pay money to wigan football holdings that is a company we own and then they pay for the running cost of the ground using that money and the money we get from warriors for them using the ground. But it is not rent I mean if we do not own wigan football holdings then why are the admin able to wipe of what we owe wigan football holdings without paying a penny to it? If warriors went into admin and owed it money they would not be able to do that

In fairness when the is lots of differences between the people interested now and when iec took over. For starters when Iec came in for us we never knew what their actual networth was. All we knew was they was a company that was make a loss on the stockmarket most days. We also was never sure who was actually the man in charge of iec until late in to takeover negoations. I mean the was a pic going round of someone at one our games from Iec and people on twitter was claiming it was Henry cheng who had not been involved with Iec for years. An whilst agree when Iec took over they did say a lot of the right things. We had nothing to hold what they was saying up against to see if they meant it or not. With these new people we have with what they done in their other sporting endeavours. We also know who exactly is the money men and what their networth is. As for lennegan as a last resort I think most of us would have him over going bust. An unlike some I do think he would have the clubs best intrest at heart and would not just be after the stadium. But on the flip side he does not have the money to do anything but manage a steady decline in the club and on top of that imo. I did not like how he went about announcing his intrest in buying us he framed it as warriors was buying us and the Warriors facebook page even put up a post about it. Which was cobblers because anyone who looks into it to seconds quickly realises it would be a consortium who would bought us with him as the head. But for someone who claimed to want to bring both wigan clubs together and heel old rifts it seemed an odd way of announcing it. I mean saying warriors would of ownes us would of been the same as saying we owned them when whelan saved them.
As I understand it, the whole Lenegan approach was that he was fronting a consortium, so who's money and how much of it is there who knows.

As for the way he announced it, I think emotions were running high at the time and it didn't feel so grotesque (at least not to me) when he said he wanted to try and save the club. In reflection I can see why it rubbed some up the wrong way but I think that is more a communication issue than a vindictive move.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that we don't know anything about anyone.

We don't know why IEC bought us, sold us, put us into administration
We don't know what Lenegan's motives for buying our club are
We don't know what these two Americans interest in buying or club is
We don't even know if these Americans do have an interest in buying the club
We don't know who has lodged a bid or if anyone has lodged a bid

We don't know anything....
apart from that some fans hate Lenegan and believe he wants to buy the club to sink it and that these Americans would be the best thing for WAFC since Amr Zaki all because Alan Nixon wrote so.

Please think before you post on the subject. The breach of the NDA is nothing to do with disclosing their interest, it is the discussion relating to other clubs bids that has upset the apple cart. Saying that other bidders are only interested in parts of the group is a breach of the NDA as that information would have been given to them in confidence.

It is a ploy by them to do exactly what has occurred and set people against the other bidders and demonise Lenegan.

The admins have clarified the situation by saying that they have not received a formal approach from them and are awaiting developments, however there are several other serious bidders still interested. They are not having a pop at Nixon and probably couldn't be arsed what he prints, as usual he is only speculating. They are the ones who know the detail. He may be right or he may be totally off the mark,only time will tell.

Until one or other of the bidders get serious and pay the 100k for exclusivity I wouldn't believe a word that's printed.

The only good news today is that we know that the job os selling the club has gotten much easier with the removal of the loan figure and the debt to the other part of the group. I would expect things to hot up now from any of the prospective owners who are serious.

We pay money to wigan football holdings that is a company we own and then they pay for the running cost of the ground using that money and the money we get from warriors for them using the ground. But it is not rent I mean if we do not own wigan football holdings then why are the admin able to wipe of what we owe wigan football holdings without paying a penny to it? If warriors went into admin and owed it money they would not be able to do that

Wigan Athletic Football Club do not own Wigan Football Holdings, they own 100% of Wigan Athletic as the group holding company. They also own the stadium company, Sharpys Chippy and the training grounds.

Please do you research before posting.

As I understand it, the whole Lenegan approach was that he was fronting a consortium, so who's money and how much of it is there who knows.

As for the way he announced it, I think emotions were running high at the time and it didn't feel so grotesque (at least not to me) when he said he wanted to try and save the club. In reflection I can see why it rubbed some up the wrong way but I think that is more a communication issue than a vindictive move.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that we don't know anything about anyone.

apart from that some fans hate Lenegan and believe he wants to buy the club to sink it and that these Americans would be the best thing for WAFC since Amr Zaki all because Alan Nixon wrote so.
I know one thing i agree with your last three lines :clap:

The news that Lenegan is facing court proceedings over a £3m tax "problem" suggests he would struggle to pass the fit and proper test,if his bid was accepted and then that happened then would would be a total disaster!!

Wigan Athletic Football Club do not own Wigan Football Holdings, they own 100% of Wigan Athletic as the group holding company. They also own the stadium company, Sharpys Chippy and the training grounds.

Please do you research before posting.
Ok we get football club dont own wigan football holdings but who does own football holdings ?

Admin: The non disclosure agreement has been breached

Also admin: There has been no bid

Isn't this contradictory? Surely if they haven't got a bid in they can't have breached an agreement about disclosing it? I'm not sure why they even put a statement out about it, they didn't say anything when Lennegan went public - surely if Gayane or someone from his camp happy to brief Nixon then that is ok?

One of the admins also said the loan was an issue this morning and now they are saying they have it sorted - they often send out mixed messages and have a go at Nixon only for him to be proven right shortly after.

I've given admin the benefit of the doubt but stuff like this doesn't do their credability any good.

Regarding the loan it was obvious from day 1 putting us into admin wasn't about maximising the amount of money out of selling the club. There has always been an ulterior motive that is not transparent - we can only speculate exactly what it is - but if there was any doubt their latest actions confirm this.

The owners previously refused to put 2m in to pay wages for the last 2 months of the season which would see them able to sell the assets for millions in the summer as a Championship club are now happy to write off 6m legally owed to them that they were looking likely to get.

Whatever their scheme was they obviously made all of their money off it they wanted to the point they are happy to write off all of their initial investment. Must have made a killing!

Status
Not open for further replies.