NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 58 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kransner

But he ruled out the prospect of selling the DW Stadium separately from the club, amid interest from – among others – Warriors chairman Ian Lenagan.
Krasner didn’t rule out the prospect altogether, admitting his stance may change, but it was clear his intention was to find one buyer to pay £4m to cover remaining costs and creditors.
He said he may entertain offers of £3.5m, and sell the Sharpey’s site separately, but he said he'd "deserve to be shot" by fans if he sold the DW Stadium.
“We’re not selling the stadium as things stand as a one-off item,” he said.
Asked whether Lenagan had approached to buy the stadium, he replied: “Without naming anyone, because of the non-disclosure agreements, I had an approach to buy all the properties but not the club.

We may be old but we never forget

Keep Morsy and Evans and we have the best central midfield in the league. Byrne, Garner, Pearce and Naismith should also be top players in league 1. Owen Evans also looked very good at Cheltenham so I hope he gets his chance.
If 1 or 2 of them go I think we’re fucked though and could be in a relegation scrap. It’s all irrelevant unless the takeover gets sorted soon, I’m still concerned something is going to go wrong at the last minute, I don’t trust anything the admin say and can’t believe the fees being accepted for some of our players. Any of us supporters could’ve given them better advice than whoever had been brought in to do so. It’s like they’ve looked at what players are worth on a bloody computer game and sold them for whatever it says.

Nixon not having it there is 4 bidders and thinks it's admin trying to get the process moving. He said they contradicted themselves during the presser switching between 2 and 4 bidders.

I think admin have said a few contradictory and odd things over the weeks. They have also said things only to be proven wrong shortly after a couple of times so I'm inclined to believe Nixon's version of events more closely resembles reality.

I think Ganaye and Wigan consortium still likely the main 2.

After admin saying we are on top of the bills why are we selling people on the cheap? Williams deal for 1m less than buy out was disgraceful.

Does that money reduce the price to buy everything? So selling Kipre takes the price for the package down to 4m?

Nixon not having it there is 4 bidders and thinks it's admin trying to get the process moving. He said they contradicted themselves during the presser switching between 2 and 4 bidders.

I think admin have said a few contradictory and odd things over the weeks. They have also said things only to be proven wrong shortly after a couple of times so I'm inclined to believe Nixon's version of events more closely resembles reality.

I think Ganaye and Wigan consortium still likely the main 2.

He says that, but they didn't. Krasner said that 2 were at a more advanced stage of negotiations, that's all.

Agree and hope you're right re Ganaye ..................... Wigan consortium? Who's that?

Could do with Roberts or mcmanaman on a free to add experience. Centre of defence is bare bar obi. Maybe Jacobs would come back on reduced terms too

Been listening to Lisa Nandy with Jay and she was extremely dissapointed with the presser and stated that she thought it was a waste of time that could be detremental

I have also written to two councillors today appealing for there support And have already had one reply stating their 100% backing for the club

Last edited:
But how could he had made the club better prepared, we lived hand to mouth, anymoney coming in was beingspent. He was an employee being instructed what todo by a chairman and owner.Big bills were coming what shouldhe have done.

You say you are abusiness man, would you take itif a manager all of a sudden went rouge and started running your business with your consent?
You answered your own question.

We lived hand to mouth, not good and we shouldn't have been in the situation. Especially when spending 8m last summer.

Depending on the circumstances, if I had a CE who I've tasked to run the business and they see me doing bad crap and call me on it I can't complain. Jackson is on the board, rather than being a manager. The board has responsibility for the running of the company. Again not saying it's all his fault, a majority his fault, but there is blame to be attributed, no matter how small and personally I'm looking forward to a new leadership being put in place (especially after the 5 days to save the club / club ownership campaign).

After admin saying we are on top of the bills why are we selling people on the cheap? Williams deal for 1m less than buy out was disgraceful.

Does that money reduce the price to buy everything? So selling Kipre takes the price for the package down to 4m?

The playing staff are not included in the asking price, Krasner has stated that the club will be sold for £1. The £4 million is for the property assets, Stadium £3 million, Christopher Park £500k, Sharpys £500k. total £4million. He also said that if a new owner doesn't want Sharpy's that would not be a problem and would reduce the price accordingly.

The player sales are purely to get the wage bill down and with regards to the fees being asked these are because we are asking for immediate payment instead of instalments. We cannot accept part payment and instalment until we are out of administration and under new owners.

Well we could be down to three bidders as from today
Nixon reporting one bidder pissed of well something like that over sale of kipre and lowe nothing like shooting ourselves in the foot is there

To be honest Bicky, if they are that bothered about players leaving/ being sold off they should firm up their offer, agree a sale in principle, pay an exclusivity bond and get on with it.

The duty of the admins is to get a sale, not pander to bidders whims, they will continue to sell the players until a contract is agreed to bring down the wage bill.

Blaming the admins seems to be the sport of the day, it seems people are unaware of their brief. Let me make it plain, they have one duty and one duty alone, to get the best price they can for the clubs creditors, if that means upsetting the clubs supporters then so be it. They will sell anything and everything they can to achieve that objective regardless of what we think is fair.

Put yourselves in the position of the creditors of the club, some of whom will be small businesses struggling for survival. They will be desperate to get paid for the services they have provided and in some cases be relying on the money for the survival of their business. In their position would you not want the admins to sell anything to pay your bill.

Having been on both sides of an administration/liquidation and suffered both the loss of a business through a debtor going bust on me forcing me to take the administration route and ultimately a liquidation, and having been a creditor simultaneously I can tell you it is not a situation anyone would relish.

My advice to all of those that feel that the administration is not going well is to have patience and try not to speculate on things that there is no evidence of. There are a lot of people out there who are commenting on things they have no knowledge of and are doing this to gain some sort of prestige and notoriety, don't fall for it.

Losing Kipre is less than ideal as we now are down to the bare bones in central defence. However, if we don't lose anyone else we should be okay. Morsy and Byrne are fantastic and Evans, Naismith, Massey and Garner will all be more than good enough for a top half League One side.

The key for me are the free agents. If we could hurry up and get this takeover done, we could sign Jacobs, Fox, Roberts and McManaman on frees if they haven't been snapped up, all of whom would considerably strengthen us. Add in a bunch of loanees which I'm sure we'll do before now and October should we get a takeover done and all of a sudden we'll be in a position to make a really good fist of it. They may not be free agents for much longer though so time is of the essence.

Morsy is the main man though obviously. I stand by saying that I'd lose everyone if it meant him staying. I can see us falling apart if he goes and a relegation dogfight would await. I don't care how much we still have to pay, do not let that man leave!

He says that, but they didn't. Krasner said that 2 were at a more advanced stage of negotiations, that's all.

Agree and hope you're right re Ganaye ..................... Wigan consortium? Who's that?

The one we've heard in the past Lenegan, Darly Eales who was with him as Chairman when he saved Oxford United and Speakman who is also part of Warriors but I read once on the Latics board in the past and a big Latics fan. Incidentally some Warriors fans are worried Lenegan is a Latics fan and care more about football than Rugby so they are afraid him buying us will see his lose interest in them as Latics become his priority. I know it's in vogue to hate Lenegan for the action of others and believe conspiracy theories that he wants to kill the club but I think he knows rugby league is a regional sport where he has won everything, while football has loads more potential and a fresh challenge. If he hated football and only love rugby why was he involved in football so much even during his time at Warriors? You wouldn't do that if you hated football - he's clearly a football man who owns a rugby side.

Krasner mentioned 'the local business men' as one of the bidders. So unless there is a rival local consortium we've never heard of I assume it's them.

The one we've heard in the past Lenegan, Darly Eales who was with him as Chairman when he saved Oxford United and Speakman who is also part of Warriors but I read once on the Latics board in the past and a big Latics fan. Incidentally some Warriors fans are worried Lenegan is a Latics fan and care more about football than Rugby so they are afraid him buying us will see his lose interest in them as Latics become his priority. I know it's in vogue to hate Lenegan for the action of others and believe conspiracy theories that he wants to kill the club but I think he knows rugby league is a regional sport where he has won everything, while football has loads more potential and a fresh challenge. If he hated football and only love rugby why was he involved in football so much even during his time at Warriors? You wouldn't do that if you hated football - he's clearly a football man who owns a rugby side.

Krasner mentioned 'the local business men' as one of the bidders. So unless there is a rival local consortium we've never heard of I assume it's them.

What about Jonathon Jackson? Maybe he has contacts and has got himself a consortium together.
The 500k the supporters club are trying to raise could be part of his bid.
His way of part fan ownership.

Nah KDZ................... though he wouldn't confirm it directly, he all but admitted that Lenegan only bid for the properties, and not the club.

Given that Krasner said he has no intention of selling the stadium separately, I think we can dismiss any suggestion of it being Lenegan.

Given that the £200k was used to pay for travel etc expenses to games, pay (non football) wages and buy the kit, I doubt there'll be much left ........ and it's probably still being used.

What non football wages would we have? Anyone left after the redundancies would surely be paid by whoever owns the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.