NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 489 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Nixon not know that Loggenberg is "alledgedly" barred fm directorships so that's a non starter if true

Indeed he does but seems to think that he may only be a ‘support act’ in the bid rather than the figurehead or a proposed Director...not sure that would ‘calm me down’ much to be honest ...but maybe it will make him sufficiently peripheral as to prevent his involvement being a showstopper??

Edit ; sorry hadn’t seen KDZ’s response where he already laid out much the same ..

Yes he has previously mentioned that. But you can be involved with a consortium as long as your involvement in the club would not be be owner or director.

So for example if he is a negotiator, consultant, broker, agent, etc working for the potential new owners to get a deal made but isn't scheduled to be involved in the club hierarchy if the deal is completed he wouldn't be directly involved in the club running so the EFL wouldn't need to check him over.

But it isn't a particularly encouraging sign that he is involved in any capacity to be honest.
Doesn't say much about the judgement of the nous of the individuals with money behind the bid either. Why would you want an individual with this type of history associated with you ?

Doesn't say much about the judgement of the nous of the individuals with money behind the bid either. Why would you want an individual with this type of history associated with you ?

I doubt they wouldve brought him in from the outside due to his record, so he must already be involved with the bidders in some way and have their trust. But on paper he certainly isnt the type of person that gives us fans much confidence.

I thought the only people to suggest moving to Leigh was the Ganaye group, but I may just be misremembering.

Ganaye and the Americans did, but it was reported Loggenbergs group was also interested in doing so but admin wouldnt entertain it so it has been scrapped.

It strikes me that whoever is buying could now be waiting to see how we perform over next few games in order to decide whether to pay off the football creditors and save a 12 point deduction (worth it if we have a chance of staying up).

Conversely if they think there is a chance of going down then they will surely decide to take the club cheaper, not pay the creditors and take a 12 point deduction.

if I was buying I would be making a a decision on whether to pay off the football creditors based on above !.

Thats why it’s important we get out of the relegation zone pronto !

It strikes me that whoever is buying could now be waiting to see how we perform over next few games in order to decide whether to pay off the football creditors and save a 12 point deduction (worth it if we have a chance of staying up).

Conversely if they think there is a chance of going down then they will surely decide to take the club cheaper, not pay the creditors and take a 12 point deduction.

if I was buying I would be making a a decision on whether to pay off the football creditors based on above !.

Problem is if we don't get out the relegation zone, fail to pay creditors and start L2 with -12 we are in huge trouble 🙈

If a potential buyer is considering taking the points deduction it's a short sighted strategy, aren't there future transfer restrictions on top of the points deduction or did I dream that ?

If a potential buyer is considering taking the points deduction it's a short sighted strategy, aren't there future transfer restrictions on top of the points deduction or did I dream that ?

There are and they are quite severe and in place for a few years. Not sure I believe that any potential buyers are considering it, but if they are then it's extremely short sighted and will harm us for years to come (not to mention increase the amount they'll ultimately have to invest in the club=

There are and they are quite severe and in place for a few years. Not sure I believe that any potential buyers are considering it, but if they are then it's extremely short sighted and will harm us for years to come (not to mention increase the amount they'll ultimately have to invest in the club=
To be honest I think we have already been damaged for years to come

Isnt it 15 points not 12? Also this is a shite division this year and if the takeover goes through now with a new manager to help Leam and Gregor who knows we may stay up. Deliberately taking the points next season to save on the asking price is ridiculous and dangerous. If you want this great club stop pissing about and get it done. If your looking to save on the price that sees us start afresh then get fooked. .

We are led to believe that a buyer has been approved by the EFL.
We appear to be concerned about that lack of activity since Nixon announced this.
It is not like being first in the queue at McDonalds and having 99p in our back pocket for a hamburger
Any buyer would need to have time to arrange / release funds (in the most tax efficient way), never mind that they are apparently in another country

We are led to believe that a buyer has been approved by the EFL.
We appear to be concerned about that lack of activity since Nixon announced this.
It is not like being first in the queue at McDonalds and having 99p in our back pocket for a hamburger
Any buyer would need to have time to arrange / release funds (in the most tax efficient way), never mind that they are apparently in another country
I'm pretty sure the money people are back in Bahrain
But those running the day to day matters will be based here in the UK
What might be holding things up though could be the lawyers
Well I am hoping that's all it is
If we don't hear anything by weekend then I reckon it's another time waster
But what do I know

Status
Not open for further replies.