NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 395 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think paying 1.5m does make sense as if the takeover completed after window shuts, so no much needed reinforcements and squad weakened further you most likely paying 3m for a team starting in L2 next year. So paying half of that for same outcome is understandable to me. You could probably spend that 1.5m saved in buying the club on signing a new team and bouncing straight back up.

Obviously I'd prefer to try and stay up but it's easy to say when it's not my money. If it was my cash I'd have not taken the points deduction if I had the transfer window to wheel and deal but without the window I'd be considering it.

It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes there's a short term gain with a lower purchase price but it also comes with a 15pnt penalty (which may get applied next season depending on when the deal goes through) & comes with the added burden of severely restricted recruitment measures for several years which, (barring a managerial miracle) will condemn us to Lge2 (or lower) football with lower gates, advertising, TV money etc. for quite some time.
It makes no financial sense to me

I was expecting it to be a cut and paste of last weeks update so i'm surprised there is any detail.

I find it very strange that all these supposed bidders keep popping out of the woodwork just now after we've been asset stripped when we've been available for so long. Suspect some / most of those 11 bidders aren't credible.

But out of the one's they mentioned 2 have been able to provide proof of funds but not made and offer while 2 have made an offer but not provided proof of funds. That seems really odd - you'd think Admin would have a system to either require proof of funds before they start talking or have an offer and then provide proof of funds.
When it comes to the creditor update it's much more detailed. The big question is how far along has any bid gone? And who are the decision makers currently?

Last edited:
Nah KDZ ..... it makes no sense whatsoever. We're far from relegated this season, and whichever league we start in next season, a penalty of -15 points would be a massive burden. Nothing is that bouncy ..........except WBA !!!

If we don't have a window or budget to do anything but weaken this already poor squad further we will struggle to stay up. If you think you are going down and get 15 Points taken off this season it saves you 50% of the asking price and won't make a difference. If they think they can stay up without a window or funds to strengthen great it is worth the 3m if we eventually survive but it's a risky bet that i wouldnt be willing to take if it was my own millions. But if they doing points deduction would have to be asap to ensure it is applied this year and not next.

It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes there's a short term gain with a lower purchase price but it also comes with a 15pnt penalty (which may get applied next season depending on when the deal goes through) & comes with the added burden of severely restricted recruitment measures for several years which, (barring a managerial miracle) will condemn us to Lge2 (or lower) football with lower gates, advertising, TV money etc. for quite some time.
It makes no financial sense to me

If penalty applied this season and you expect us to go down anyway it makes sense. Not my preferred choice but I do think it's easy to see how it could make sense to a bidder. The Spanish fucking us lost us the window to recruit, ability to block exits and chance to get permanent manager in so it's a mountain to climb and I think it's an expensive gamble that I couldn't blame anyone for not effectively putting millions on.

I hope they don't do that but I wouldn't be at all shocked if they did and I understand why.

If we don't have a window or budget to do anything but weaken this already poor squad further we will struggle to stay up. If you think you are going down and get 15 Points taken off this season it saves you 50% of the asking price and won't make a difference. If they think they can stay up without a window or funds to strengthen great it is worth the 3m if we eventually survive but it's a risky bet that i wouldnt be willing to take if it was my own millions. But if they doing points deduction would have to be asap to ensure it is applied this year and not next.

Sorry KDZ, but I just can't see any scenario where starting a season with a fifteen point penalty is something we think is preferable or sensible option.

However, I think we're approaching this from two different angles: - I don't think we're going to be relegated, and I reckon the buyer will pay the full price anyway.

However I am sure we will start on -15 in league 2 next season if we don't stay above the relegation zone. It gives no incentives for players to even try. Any bidder willing to take a 15 point hit are just skint and rather use us as a short term flip. And even that is a risk at the moment. Any bidder who is serious about our success or infact want to make cash would invest the 3m and atleast give the players who have stayed a chance to stay up.

What if Frampton is waiting to see what bids come in before putting in his own bid to ensure exclusivity? For example if we get more than one bid offering the same price who do the admins go with? Maybe he’s waiting to come in with a slighter higher bid to ensure he gets exclusivity and doesn’t get shut out like the last time?

Apparently it's not his bid but his proof of funds stopping his bid go to the EFL. Admin still checking his money in Hong Kong according to Nixon.

If his funds are approved he should be in a good position but not sure if anyone gets exclusivity until EFL approve them this time.

Sorry KDZ, but I just can't see any scenario where starting a season with a fifteen point penalty is something we think is preferable or sensible option.

However, I think we're approaching this from two different angles: - I don't think we're going to be relegated, and I reckon the buyer will pay the full price anyway.

I'm talking about 15 points coming off this season not next. Points off next season only happens if it is asked for after March I believe.

If points came off next season then obviously not worth it.

Apparently it's not his bid but his proof of funds stopping his bid go to the EFL. Admin still checking his money in Hong Kong according to Nixon.

If his funds are approved he should be in a good position but not sure if anyone gets exclusivity until EFL approve them this time.

Everytime Hong Kong is mentioned, it reminds me of Stanley Choi !

I'm talking about 15 points coming off this season not next. Points off next season only happens if it is asked for after March I believe.

I still can't see why we'd be happy with a relegation .......... a second one which would be due to a penalty, as opposed to our own making.

It sounds like Nixon might be getting a little better info now .............better than his previous combination of fishing and guessing.

It's got to be said, for the Admins not to have moved more quickly on this is astonishing.

I think talk of £1.5m bids is unlikely because it doesn’t tally with what is going on with the squad at the moment. Admins are sanctioning contract extension (LR talking about Tom James now staying) so why would be trying to keep the boys here if were planning to surrender this season? It is clear it will be very difficult to buy any players this month and get new loan players in but LR is confident in the lads he has to stay up and I agree with him. So the admins must be confident they have a bidder who is going to come in with the full asking price and give us a chance of staying in League 1. Who knows maybe with a fair wind we get the takeover agreed just before the end of Jan and we sneak in one or two extra players right on the deadline?

Its already 15th Jan so March is only 6 weeks away and EFL have not even become involved yet. IF we are to be deducted 15 points it will almost certainly be next season plus the ongoing transfer restrictions will surely condemn us to yet another relegation in 2022 to National League.
Talk of accepting -15 points makes no sense whatsoever, and then there is the moral thing of not paying small businesses that we owe money to at least the 25p in the pound.
Don't forget there will be a lot of out of contract players that are likely to be available after Jan anyway.

Last edited:
Its already 15th Jan so March is only 6 weeks away and EFL have not even become involved yet. IF we are to be deducted 15 points it will almost certainly be next season plus the ongoing transfer restrictions will surely condemn us to yet another relegation in 2022 to National League.
Talk of accepting -15 points makes no sense whatsoever, and then there is from the moral thing of not paying small businesses that we owe money to at least the 25p in the pound.
Don't forget there will be a lot of out of contract players that are likely to be available after Jan anyway.

There is not much left in the Sand Timer.

I'm pretty sure KDZ is saying if we miss the chance to strengthen the team during the transfer window and at some point relegation looks certain (e.g for arguments sake. we lose every game between now and end of Feb) then someone could buy the club cheaper, incur a meaningless 15 point deduction - given the relegation is probable anyway and the deduction would be applied this season and we start next season on 0 points but with an extra 1.5m to spend on squad strengthening.

KDZ, are you aware of any further penalties which come on top of the 15 point deduction applied this season, such as future transfer or squad size restrictions ? This would be the thing I'd be most concerned about with your proposed buyer strategy.

I'm pretty sure KDZ is saying if we miss the chance to strengthen the team during the transfer window and at some point relegation looks certain (e.g for arguments sake. we lose every game between now and end of Feb) then someone could buy the club cheaper, incur a meaningless 15 point deduction - given the relegation is probable anyway and the deduction would be applied this season and we start next season on 0 points but with an extra 1.5m to spend on squad strengthening.

KDZ, are you aware of any further penalties which come on top of the 15 point deduction applied this season, such as future transfer or squad size restrictions ? This would be the thing I'd be most concerned about with your proposed buyer strategy.

I get that KDZ. However, a} I'm not sure when the points deduction would be applied if we were already going to be relegated, and b) I really really hope that we've got the sale all sorted well before the end of Feb ........and so the sale price will already have been settled long before the point where it's looking likely we'll be relegated.

Feeling a bit low about all this today. Like a deflating party balloon, farting my way around the room before coming to a rest, empty and spent, draped on a half-finished pint glass

Status
Not open for further replies.