NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 394 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the above statement though, if we take Frampton at his word last year, there's no reason to believe

Moonay I've edited your post - hope you don't mind 😊
Believe it reads much better now 😉

New hospitals, sliding roof, monorail to Platt Wazz, bid ready to go - folk are really getting desperate I know but come on ....!🤥

I am sure you are correct KDZ however by god they've been pushing at the boundaries.
Also our "experience" really should be the catalyst for change in the way these outfits are "allowed" to operate.
Nandy should be shouting for legal change from the rooftops - she could call it "tics law" sponsor it through parliament and raise her profile further - oh and lobby the government to review our business rates while she's at it.

Even if she'd was inclined to push for much needed reform she'd have a job getting support for a bill. Our politicians and political establishment of all stripes are pretty useless and probably wouldn't be arsed about fixing it unfortunately.

With no reason whatsoever, I'm not sure I believe all the "other interest". It's simply not logical.

As for the above statement though, if we take Frampton at his word last year, there's no reason to believe he'd only be offering £1.5m. In fact, it really doesn't make sense for any buyer to do so ........unless they had unsavoury intentions.

I think paying 1.5m does make sense as if the takeover completed after window shuts, so no much needed reinforcements and squad weakened further you most likely paying 3m for a team starting in L2 next year. So paying half of that for same outcome is understandable to me. You could probably spend that 1.5m saved in buying the club on signing a new team and bouncing straight back up.

Obviously I'd prefer to try and stay up but it's easy to say when it's not my money. If it was my cash I'd have not taken the points deduction if I had the transfer window to wheel and deal but without the window I'd be considering it.

I think paying 1.5m does make sense as if the takeover completed after window shuts, so no much needed reinforcements and squad weakened further you most likely paying 3m for a team starting in L2 next year. So paying half of that for same outcome is understandable to me. You could probably spend that 1.5m saved in buying the club on signing a new team and bouncing straight back up.

Obviously I'd prefer to try and stay up but it's easy to say when it's not my money. If it was my cash I'd have not taken the points deduction if I had the transfer window to wheel and deal but without the window I'd be considering it.

Nah KDZ ..... it makes no sense whatsoever. We're far from relegated this season, and whichever league we start in next season, a penalty of -15 points would be a massive burden. Nothing is that bouncy ..........except WBA !!!

So looking at Nixon and Admin statements it appears we have 4 serious contenders one step away from having an offer confirmed as accepted and passed to the EFL for further checks.

2 currently unnamed groups apparently have proof of funds but yet to bid. 1 is fresh on the scene.

Then Royle (looking without Rowland) and Frampton both look to have acceptable offers and currently in process of providing proof of funds.

No indication of if they are all offering 1.5m or full price.
What if Frampton is waiting to see what bids come in before putting in his own bid to ensure exclusivity? For example if we get more than one bid offering the same price who do the admins go with? Maybe he’s waiting to come in with a slighter higher bid to ensure he gets exclusivity and doesn’t get shut out like the last time?

Why would he get shut out he didn’t put any money down. They all had the same chance.
I don’t trust these admins. I’m sure they would quite happily accepted a £3m bid from anyone and slap an exclusivity in there effectively locking other bidders out like with the Spanish situation.

Will these men not sell kids to raise a few more quid for themsleves and write a couple of clauses in the young lads deals for future sell ons? Thought they were being paid for by Sharpy and Euxton sales? Given player salaries are down to 35k a week I'm unsure as to how we are running at this massive loss given grants given by EFL etc to cover season.

I think £3M is peanuts when you consider how much the new owners are going to inherit in withheld payments from the PL, EFL, and transfers.
Add to that the value of quite a few of our young players and the relative low wage bill we now have.
Income from attendances, sponsorship and naming rights can only improve as they are obviously at an all time low.
We will also be completely debt free.
When you stop and think about it, in real terms we must be one of the richest football clubs in the land.

I think £3M is peanuts when you consider how much the new owners are going to inherit in withheld payments from the PL, EFL, and transfers.
Add to that the value of quite a few of our young players and the relative low wage bill we now have.
Income from attendances, sponsorship and naming rights can only improve as they are obviously at an all time low.
We will also be completely debt free.
When you stop and think about it, in real terms we must be one of the richest football clubs in the land.
If there really is any new real interest in the club the fact Alfie made his debut for Spuds at the weekend has probably piqued their interest especially as we have a couple of other gems in the academy who could be worth much more to the club. The biggest gems though are Gregor Rioch and his fantastic staff who are worth the £3m purchase price on their own!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.