NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 328 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this guy is more likely to be linked to Darren Royle to be honest.
He's chairman of Ossett United & Darren Royle is on the board of directors at the Northern Premier/Evo-Stik League's Academy structure

I wondered about that ........ I was sticking with the logic that the online "campaign" has been from that side of the house, while Royle and associates seem to have heled their counsel till now

I wondered about that ........ I was sticking with the logic that the online "campaign" has been from that side of the house, while Royle and associates seem to have heled their counsel till now

I was in touch with someone this morning who had had some correspondence with the fella yesterday & his conclusion was that he was a definitely linked to Royle

The simple fact of the matter is that the Royle and Frampton consortiums wavered and the Spanish nipped in and pipped them to the post. Nothing more than sour grapes from the pair of them. They knew the terms and that a deposit was required to secure the deal but hovered around too long and it cost them.

That's my feelings in a nutshell too
This Phil Smith said yesterday that the bid he was a ware of contacted the admin to say that they had a bid but needed 3 days to finalise it - if that was the case then at that point, to put it simply, they didn't have a bid
Quite why he expects us to feel sympathy for this group because someone else got in touch with the administrators & when (allegedly) told that someone else was 3 days away from a bid had their own bid & deposit down within that timeframe I've no idea
He also claimed that they are just going to asset strip Latics - FFS there's absolutely doodly squat left to strip other than a stadium that loses £1.5mill a year which the council won't let em flog off for housing etc. & a small training ground that was outdated 15 years ago let alone now. Not to mention that he says they are going to scrap the academy when they've openly made it a cornerstone of their plan (albeit they could be lying but he has no idea whether they are or aren't)

Think everyone should just ignore those on twitter they are just trying to stirrup trouble
Agreed the is someone on twitter today trying claim that the Spanish bid have gone back to the supporters club asking for the money to fill the gap left by cristo. Then when a latics fan messaged the supporters club asking them. They replied it was complete nonsense.

So the right thing to do there would be for someone from SC to go and reply denying that remark making the person who did out to be a liar

Having buggered about with the fit and proper person’s test for two and a half months now, the absence of any update from ANYBODY about what the hell is going on is an absolute disgrace and an insult to the town, the club and the fans. It’s about bloody time these tossers got their fingers out and made a decision. What a joke......

I’ll believe it when I see it. We’ve been saying that for weeks. Sick to death of this nonsense now

No wonder this country is in such a mess. It's the same with every establishment in England from selling a house to the justice system.
Why does it take so long to finalise matters - cos it makes even more money for certain professions.

That's my feelings in a nutshell too
This Phil Smith said yesterday that the bid he was a ware of contacted the admin to say that they had a bid but needed 3 days to finalise it - if that was the case then at that point, to put it simply, they didn't have a bid
Quite why he expects us to feel sympathy for this group because someone else got in touch with the administrators & when (allegedly) told that someone else was 3 days away from a bid had their own bid & deposit down within that timeframe I've no idea
He also claimed that they are just going to asset strip Latics - FFS there's absolutely doodly squat left to strip other than a stadium that loses £1.5mill a year which the council won't let em flog off for housing etc. & a small training ground that was outdated 15 years ago let alone now. Not to mention that he says they are going to scrap the academy when they've openly made it a cornerstone of their plan (albeit they could be lying but he has no idea whether they are or aren't)

I think the thing with the alleged asset stripping is the Spanish plan to sell a player a season.
I've no problem with them making the club self sustaining but i'm concerned with them possibly selling to many players.
How far do they want the club to go? Are they happy for us to stay in the lower leagues to keep the wage bill down? Or are they happy for us to progress but with a bigger wage bill?

Regarding the SC and them rejecting Christo asking for the fund money as part of the bid. I wonder if Moreno offered Christo a percentage of the club in exchange for his/SC investment and in turn Christo offered the SC 4% of his share and not 4% of the club?

I think the thing with the alleged asset stripping is the Spanish plan to sell a player a season.
I've no problem with them making the club self sustaining but i'm concerned with them possibly selling to many players.
How far do they want the club to go? Are they happy for us to stay in the lower leagues to keep the wage bill down? Or are they happy for us to progress but with a bigger wage bill?

Regarding the SC and them rejecting Christo asking for the fund money as part of the bid. I wonder if Moreno offered Christo a percentage of the club in exchange for his/SC investment and in turn Christo offered the SC 4% of his share and not 4% of the club?

We've sold players every season to continue to fund the club. It's not in their interest to sell too many players as it will affect performance, income etc..
From what I've read that they've said they want us to go as far as possible within our financial means and I'm happy with that

not sure about the 4% - as I read it, it wasn't necessarily the amount of stake they were offered that was the problem but it was the lack of clarification about what form that 4% would take & what influence it may (or may not) give them

One of our previous owners sold players to keep the club going so I see nothing wrong in that
Can be annoying when you see your better players leave but you have to also think about their futures and income as well that's football

not sure about the 4% - as I read it, it wasn't necessarily the amount of stake they were offered that was the problem but it was the lack of clarification about what form that 4% would take & what influence it may (or may not) give them

Get the calculator out and see what 4% of 3 million is, 4 millions is , 5 million is etc etc
The supporters club (and the people who donated) may be thinking with their hearts but they are not going to be taken for a ride.

Once the Stadium is sold that would be an instant paper profit. The book value is far higher than the expected sale price

Come back Pies .... I would love to read your thoughts on all of this.

Get the calculator out and see what 4% of 3 million is, 4 millions is , 5 million is etc etc
The supporters club (and the people who donated) may be thinking with their hearts but they are not going to be taken for a ride.

Once the Stadium is sold that would be an instant paper profit. The book value is far higher than the expected sale price

Come back Pies .... I would love to read your thoughts on all of this.
Who is selling the stadium and who to if they did

Don't get me wrong, 4% would be ridiculous, but to measure it against the cost of the purchase price only is wrong. That wouldn't be all that the owners would be spending. There'd be running costs also .......for the "up front" 2 year period (whether it lasts that long or not). The total investment (purchase + ongoing) cost should inform any % offered to the SC ..............so :

£3.5m + £5m = £8.5m ................ £850k is 10%. Seems more reasonable than 4%.

However, the most important part is to make sure we retain what we've got now re the Academy ....... including all the staff, and that means paying them wages that means they don't go and look for jobs elsewhere.

Who is selling the stadium and who to if they did

Pollard will most likely get it within a short period of time. As you’ve been repeatedly told, the Spanish are potless and have no intention of investing. Once reality dawns for these tossers when we’re languishing at the arse end of league two in 12 months and they realise there is no chance of them seeing a return for their investment they’ll have to flog the only saleable asset left - and that will be the stadium. And who will be a willing buyer ready and waiting?

Pollard will most likely get it within a short period of time. As you’ve been repeatedly told, the Spanish are potless and have no intention of investing. Once reality dawns for these tossers when we’re languishing at the arse end of league two in 12 months and they realise there is no chance of them seeing a return for their investment they’ll have to flog the only saleable asset left - and that will be the stadium. And who will be a willing buyer ready and waiting?
As you have been told you talk bllx

Status
Not open for further replies.