NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 247 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt that the EFL could bin off the Spaniards just coz the backer of an alternative group is very wealthy so I fail to see how the news is a game changer as Nixon claims.
The Spanish group are either fit and proper owners by the EFL's own crappy definition or they're not.
Turning a bid down coz another group was wealthier is a bizarre claim to make

Not saying the Spaniards will be the best men for the gig but I prefer what I know of their business model than for us to go back to spending more than we earn & going back to being reliant on one man or group to cover those losses

I don't think Nixon was suggesting them being wealthier would be what swung it, more that now they know the Royle and Ronsom financier is very credible that gives them a viable alternative to the Spanish who they don't seem satisfied with. Without that credible alternative if the club faced extinction they would probably be more willing to pass the Spanish if they weren't 100% but if they feel the alternative is so good they may be finally willing to reject the Spanish without the fear it's a death sentence. There has been 2 or 3 parties until now, but Nixon said no one else had 'shown the money' it appears now one has it could put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I don't think Nixon was suggesting them being wealthier would be what swung it, more that now they know the Royle and Ronsom financier is very credible that gives them a viable alternative to the Spanish who they don't seem satisfied with. Without that credible alternative if the club faced extinction they would probably be more willing to pass the Spanish if they weren't 100% but if they feel the alternative is so good they may be finally willing to reject the Spanish without the fear it's a death sentence. There has been 2 or 3 parties until now, but Nixon said no one else had 'shown the money' it appears now one has it could put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Thats why i back the spaniards they came in showed the money and have not waverd
Now we have all these johnny come latley guys popping up which if the spanish do pull out now we could end up no money and who is to say you never know these johnny come latley guys might just change their mind

I think you guys need to do some background checks on your potential new owner because it’s his father who has all the dosh. JR is just a wannabe business man with a string of failed businesses which of course he profited from. Anyone remember the dotcom era and a company called Jellyworks which soared to a ridiculous valuation of £300m then sunk to zero in the crash. He’s done similar with other businesses since and is now in the process of creating a Bitcoin, online bank? Just be careful because you don’t want another Choi And this guy seems just a perennial opportunist.

From what i've read Jonathan Roland started Jellyworks in 2019 and sold it for 65m within a year personally netting £42 million. So certainly not zero. I'm not sure if £42m in 12 months is the definition as 'wannabe businessman and failure' i think 99.9% of business men could only dream of that type of failure.

He is also now apparently taken over the family empire with his dad taking a step back. So it seems now he has all the dosh.

David Sharpe didn't have any of his own money but he did very well for us with his Grandad's backing. So 660m personal fortune behind Roland is not putting me off.

So he sounds ok to me.

Thats why i back the spaniards they came in showed the money and have not waverd
Now we have all these johnny come latley guys popping up which if the spanish do pull out now we could end up no money and who is to say you never know these johnny come latley guys might just change their mind

They might, but the Spanish apparently aren't 'fit and proper' in the EFL's eyes for some reason so I'm glad there are back ups as we may need them.

Let's hope things move to then because the EFL are clearly not satisfied with the current bidder, don't blame them if they have not found answers in over 9 weeks, and are still asking the same questions. Been taking too long. Every party involved has part responsibility.

I know right. Because Dave Whelan turned out to be a right disaster didn't he...

Regarding Royle's backers, I can't say I'm enthused as it basically sounds like they've gone to a mate and asked for some cash. What happens when that money runs out? What if they run back to this Rowland for a top up and he's not feeling so charitable? Unless he's involved directly within the club then that's a big red flag for me. Just like with IEC, the tap could be turned off at any time.

I imagine he would see investing in us to make a profit as a bad move - i would imagine he might much like Dave Whelan before him fancy himself as a chairman of a football club.

Let's hope things move to then because the EFL are clearly not satisfied with the current bidder, don't blame them if they have not found answers in over 9 weeks, and are still asking the same questions. Been taking too long. Every party involved has part responsibility.

I am also confused at the time this is taking, at this point the questions should surely have all been asked and answered and no amount of discussion is going to change the reality of who the people are, where the money comes from, etc. At this point the Spanish have probably given as much info as possible and if they could change anything to get the deal through they probably already have done - so their proposal is probably set at this point and if the EFL need to judge it as is.

My theory is the EFL dont want to pass the Spanish for some reason but are trying to avoid failing them by just delaying hoping they will walk away and save them making the call. But the EFL are literally paid to make these decisions and need to make the call. The delay is probably at this point doing more damage than anything else.

It would seem there are delays in other takeovers as Derby County are still awaiting confirmation of their takeover. They were expecting the result at the end of October.
Interesting to see how quick the takeover at Sunderland will take.
At the end of the day the EFL are not fit for purpose.

No need to be so disrespectful.
AMF is a really nice, competent person who is widely held in high esteem, and who you seem to be demeaning just because she is a woman. Shame on you !
Get a grip Kenny, the only part that even mentioned the sexuality of the said person was the word she in the line - Wonder what she rocks up in on dress down day.......! its hardly a sexist comment is it.
I agree with loads of stuff you come out with on here, but stop pandering to the politically correctness of the left wing nambypambys and get a life ffs.

Be very careful what you wish for here.

As I have said in a previous post the Spanish bid has been accepted, which means a contract has been agreed between the bidders and the admins, if the EFL reject them as new owners it may not be the end of it. They could proceed with the purchase, put the price up or liquidate the club out of spite if they feel that the EFL have been unfair.

The EFL only have the right to deny them access to the league, not to stop the sale, that is what the admins are here to do.

As I say, be careful what you wish for.

From what i've read Jonathan Roland started Jellyworks in 2019 and sold it for 65m within a year personally netting £42 million. So certainly not zero. I'm not sure if £42m in 12 months is the definition as 'wannabe businessman and failure' i think 99.9% of business men could only dream of that type of failure.

He is also now apparently taken over the family empire with his dad taking a step back. So it seems now he has all the dosh.

David Sharpe didn't have any of his own money but he did very well for us with his Grandad's backing. So 660m personal fortune behind Roland is not putting me off.

So he sounds ok to me.

I think you need to check your facts King, Jellyworks collapsed in 2000 and it’s shares, valued at around 30p, down from 300p were picked up by Shore Capital. The company was valued at around £67m as you say and of course Roland took a piece of that but my point is, what about the other shareholders who didn’t? He has since been equally unsuccessful in his other ventures but considers himself a serial entrepreneur! Makes no difference to me but ask yourself why someone with no knowledge, experience or link to football would want to invest in a faltering L1 club and likely L2 club next season? Your Spanish suitors may have question marks around them but at least they do know football.

Last edited:
They might, but the Spanish apparently aren't 'fit and proper' in the EFL's eyes for some reason so I'm glad there are back ups as we may need them.
Yet again you make false assertions about the EFL finding the Spanish are not fit and proper!You are now coming across as a bit obsessive in your allegations!They have not found them unfit and indeed your comments could be viewed as libelous,lets wait until the EFL announce their decision before making unsubstantiated claims!!

Fit and proper, or not fit and proper. The EFL has taken an age to make a decision they are handsomely paid to do. Although they are still needing to ask the same questions weeks ago which is surely annoying. Then again, I am not sure what the Spanish should do if they are providing the documents the EFL asks for. Either the documents they asked for are not good enough for the EFL as it's still raising the same questions. Or the EFL are just incompetent. Either way, having this backer revealed for Royle/Ranson shows that there is a Plan B or C. So it should at least be considered a positive.

Wigan. Bid from Team Rowland Ranson Royle has gone to Admin and EFL. They believe higher and better than Spanish offer. EFL still going back and forward with Spaniards on issues within their deal. So there is an official Plan B if this fails or runs out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.