New name for the stadium ... or arena ... | Page 4 | Vital Football

New name for the stadium ... or arena ...

Was a fantastic day, my first Rugby game (or games) for many years. Throughly enjoyed it and will definitely go again if England are playing someone in the North West. Was surreal looking over and seeing the Princess as well. Respledent she was as you'd expect.

I hope for the club's sake that they received a flat fee for hosting the event rather than a percentage of ticket/food and drink sales. Because the catering was an absolute shambles. Sold out of hot food before the end of the first game (not that I'd want any of the shite they sell). I dread to think of the amount of money that was missed out on. It was as if whoever was in charge didn't tell the catering company that they were expecting over 23k fans and to supply as if it were a Latics home game.

Good day out....expected a closer game but nevermind. Queues at the bars in the ground horrendous and they'd put Madri up to £6 a pint despite several pointing at the £5.45 on the boards at the back.

Never 23k on either...closer to 20k tops as half of West stand was quite empty.

Good day out though and Wigan was buzzing before and after only spoiled by lack of transport home. Started walking a zig zag path bouncing off the houses every 20 feet and managed to reach Ince Park before the wife deemed to answer my frantic pleas for assistance . Straight bed wife not pleased at all.