New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions) | Page 6 | Vital Football

New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions)

There’s a question as to whether the outgoing compensation package plus new manager wages will impact the playing budget. I suspect the answer is yes

A wee bit further I'm afraid to say Chris. I'm almost 160 miles north of Edinburgh - ok, so no advantage in Charlton, in that case I'll just have to remain true to the only team I have every supported!

No biggie!
A beautiful part of the world.I've visited many times would move to Scotland if Arthritis wasn't so upset by rain.I am sure there are many areas including places like Aberdeen I've never been too.

I think Barton's career in football, in any capacity, is done. He's getting desperate trying to attract attention and has already overstepped the mark numerous times. It's the car crash that was always coming and it's a total so laughing isn't an option.
He might get a job in Saudi - big money, and share his archaic views.

Alright then. Gills will be getting a new manager. Who do we want? Who would we like? What type of manager? Any names or “wants” to put forward?

Can’t see us (BG) going the untried route again, so surely someone with a track record this time.
Bromley boss would be my hope

There is really no need for any recruitment process in my opinion.
Simply identify the first choice candidate and make them the best offer we can and give them a fixed period of time to accept or decline. Two or three days maximum.
If declined, move straight on to the next on the list.
We don’t need interviews or short lists.
My first choice would be Ainsworth
Second Duff
Both available immediately

I would go for Ainsworth first choice,as others said surely pointless interviewing 6 or so,then fart about whittling it down.
Know little about Duff but he seems popular on her,
Who’s interviewing Compter and Jackett,Brad involved online guess

Ok, I'm going to bite. I keep seeing Ainsworth and frankly, it reminds me that most football fans make decisions without a full suite of information.

Let's just say, I was close to a hiring process once where GA was involved.

GA is a quality human being. He's a coach that players will love playing for because he's quite anti-establishment. He stands on the touch line with that rock star persona and he's brilliant in front of a camera. All good reasons he'd be a high profile appointment.

However, the we have to remember that coaching is about fundamentals, not just motivation. The underlying issue for us is winning football matches. I say this with every respect, as I know someone in his close family - GA is NOT the coaching answer to what we need right now. The football his teams have played is will be delightful for Max Ehmer's preferred outlet pass, but people in here will be spitting feathers in short order. It was the reason - despite every possible romanticised connection - that the previous hiring process did not materialise.

He talks the most brilliant game. "It's just about winning" etc. That is awesome fodder for fans. But the truth is, it doesn't translate into any meaningful plan. Once that magic man motivation wears thin, he'll run out of ideas because it's built on response, not planning.

If you want to watch long hoof ball, he's your guy. While I want to win as much as the next fan, that will wind people up in short order. We all want to be more direct but hit and hope died 20 years ago.

He's also - with every respect - an embellisher. You'll find him say we tonked teams when we get overrun. I hate that mentality as denying the truth won't change any reality.

The other reason it just won't happen is KJ. There is no way that GA will come in and be prepared to play second fiddle to him - just none. He'd be a great profile pick but - as with Clemence and Harris, it'll come down to who we have on the pitch, not what we do.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to bite. I keep seeing Ainsworth and frankly, it reminds me that most football fans make decisions without a full suite of information.

Let's just say, I was close to a hiring process once where GA was involved.

GA is a quality human being. He's a coach that players will love playing for because he's quite anti-establishment. He stands on the touch line with that rock star persona and he's brilliant in front of a camera. All good reasons he'd be a high profile appointment.

However, the we have to remember that coaching is about fundamentals, not just motivation. The underlying issue for us is winning football matches. I say this with every respect, as I know someone in his close family - GA is NOT the coaching answer to what we need right now. The football his teams have played is will be delightful for Max Ehmer's preferred outlet pass, but people in here will be spitting feathers in short order. It was the reason - despite every possible romanticised connection - that the previous hiring process did not materialise.

He talks the most brilliant game. "It's just about winning" etc. That is awesome fodder for fans. But the truth is, it doesn't translate into any meaningful plan. Once that magic man motivation wears thin, he'll run out of ideas because it's built on response, not planning.

If you want to watch long hoof ball, he's your guy. While I want to win as much as the next fan, that will wind people up in short order. We all want to be more direct but hit and hope died 20 years ago.

He's also - with every respect - an embellisher. You'll find him say we tonked teams when we get overrun. I hate that mentality as denying the truth won't change any reality.

The other reason it just won't happen is KJ. There is no way that GA will come in and be prepared to play second fiddle to him - just none. He'd be a great profile pick but - as with Clemence and Harris, it'll come down to who we have on the pitch, not what we do.

Caveat emptor.
The target next season is promotion.
I couldn’t care less about style of football.
Winning football is what puts bums on seats and leaves the fans smiling.
If you are a purist, you may be offended by certain styles.
I’m not.
I want to see our club successful.
End of conversation.

You are kidding, The Spotters? think I'd rather eat my own shit.
All joking aside, I would not eat my own shit ahead of supporting any other team in England, I believe it is fattening apparently, but I would rather cut my penis off and rub a handful of Patak Vindeloo curry paste in the open and bleeding wound. I hope that finally dispels any and all doubts as to where my loyalties really are.

Another suggestion. Anyone know anything about him?

View attachment 72958
Not someone that has had much success in the EFL as a number one. Appears to be quite an astute coach, but I don't think I've ever seen anything to suggest he has what it takes to get a club promoted from this level. Very much a firefighter manager and usually has that cretin Graham Westley normally not far away from him.