New CEO | Vital Football

New CEO

It would be nice if he brought Dike with him, kid looks great.

Barnsley certainly have a more coherent plan than us, so hopefully this is a good move.

Mao is unlikely be happy though because he talks about culture a lot...

Brave move by EM, if it happens, wonder what Hughton makes of this?

What makes you say that?

I was told a good while ago that all of the change which we are seeing is being driven by EM; the change has been thought out and is not a knee jerk reaction.

There has been a conscious decision to divorce what happens at Forest from what goes on at Olympiakos.

I would guess that Hughton will be delighted to be getting a CEO who has a Football background.

Barnsley certainly have a more coherent plan than us, so hopefully this is a good move.

Do they have a more coherent plan?

Or have they just had a much better season than us?

They have been fabulously lucky to stay in the championship; had they played any top 8 side other than us in the penultimate game, they would be a league one side now. I have

What is the difference between their strategy and ours? Please put them emphasis on what is so good about theirs rather than what is bad about ours, we know all that.

Genuine question

Your ignorance is breathtaking; you know absolutely nothing about what is going on behind the scenes.

Here are comments from Barnsley supporters, one who has the same jaundiced views as you and two who have far more insight in what is happening at your Club than you do:

“Bloody hope he doesn't leave, they're a headcase of an organisation.
If you're reading Dane, continue the job wait for a proper big club. Not one living on past memories from a bygone era.”

“I don’t think they are mate. I had a tour of the City Ground last week and commercially they’re very, very switched on. Haven’t cracked it yet but I think their big season will come very soon.

New owner refuses to invest everything in players, so off the pitch they’re looking stronger than in a long time. Would be a great job to get right now and definitely a promotion from us (sadly).”

They have been fabulously lucky to stay in the championship; had they played any top 8 side other than us in the penultimate game, they would be a league one side now. I have

What is the difference between their strategy and ours? Please put them emphasis on what is so good about theirs rather than what is bad about ours, we know all that.

Genuine question

Its a great question; unfortunately Plummer is not clued up enough to answer it.

Unless you are happy with the usual waffle about ethos and culture which, coincidentally, he knows fuck all about apart from what he has read in a text book.

Its a great question; unfortunately Plummer is not clued up enough to answer it.

Unless you are happy with the usual waffle about ethos and culture which, coincidentally, he knows fuck all about apart from what he has read in a text book.

He hasn’t got a coherent view because Viner at the Guardian hasn’t given it to him yet.

Genuine question

They have allowed their star player to run down his contract and leave on a free.

That alone will meet with Plummer's approval and have him reflecting on the halcyon days of the Doughty regime.

They have allowed their star player to run down his contract and leave on a free.

That alone will meet with Plummer's approval and have him reflecting on the halcyon days of the Doughty regime.
Did they send him an identical contract in the post after it had run out? If not, they are not in the same league I'm afraid

Genuine question

They've a clearly defined transfer strategy that if it keeps working has a real chance of turning them into the next Brentford. It's a pretty similar model, whether it will hold up or not will be interesting.

Certainly beats our scattergun approach of one super agent's cast offs, random continental signings and failed PL players.

:) surprised you had time to post this when so many clubs are courting you for your coaching services lolz

The more we get right off the pitch, the more we are likely to end up getting right in it.

I am all for us separating our business from Olympiacos as it just hasn’t worked out for us so far.

After last season I am highly sceptical but want to see what we have learned and who we bring in. We need at least half a dozen good players coming in though otherwise we will be fighting the same battle all over again…